PDA

View Full Version : Should quarterbacks wear skirts?

Frédérique
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. This rare crossdressing reference came about during a football game over the weekend – well, not during the game itself, but during the time-filling discussion at half time. Apparently the head-hunting on display every week has reached epic proportions, forcing the league to mention it, mainly for legal reasons. From now on (meaning for at least one or two weeks) all hitting must be “clean.” This idea comes dangerously close to sportsmanship, and the talking heads showed video evidence, from recent games, of players “holding back” from inflicting one more hit on the unfortunate, vulnerable individual with the ball. They apparently got the message, or did they?

Enter Jack Lambert, ex-Steeler, via a 30 year-old quote. With impeccable logic, Jack once pointed out that if hitting were to be discouraged, in this most popular (and violent) American pastime, then “Maybe we should put skirts on quarterbacks!” I giggled, but I would. How quotable – you could almost see the former players and coaches nodding their approval, while the more erudite commentators winced. This is what we, as MtF crossdressers, are up against. Non-violence (and non-aggression) equates with femininity, or queerness, or wrong-ness, going against everything we (or they) are supposed to stand for...

I’m not here to complain about violence in sports, nor do I wish to bash men for the umpteenth time, but I find this polarized attitude about gentlemanly behavior to be somewhat absurd. Keep in mind I’m “holding back” from hitting an easy target, OK? Should quarterbacks wear skirts? Yes. In fact, let’s have the entire squad wear skirts. Better still, why not have all the men wear skirts, and eliminate the pointless athletic contest entirely? Guess what – I’m doing that right now! I much prefer skirt-wearing to trying to stop a gentleman with a ball, as he tries to gain imaginary ground on an imaginary gridiron. I actually did that, of course, way back when, but it wasn’t my scene, man...

I get the feeling that a concussion is a feminine injury – this message comes across loud and clear from the masculine intelligentsia. That’s an interesting, defining way to think, isn’t it? I’ve had three concussions in my life – a) I fell down some stairs and almost fractured my skull, b) I fell out of a tree onto my head, and c) a high school football player once punched me just for looking at his girlfriend. Do you sense a theme emerging here? Maybe if I had been wearing a skirt, the aggressively boyish little fellow would have held back from hitting me. Well, it’s a thought...

The message being broadcast, consciously and subconsciously, is that femininity in males is inherently wrong, or at least undesirable. Sportsmanship is feminine, as is shaving, having long hair, wearing two earrings (but no tattoos), using moisturizer, reading, looking at something, writing a sentence, creating something, expressing one’s thoughts, or listening to what others have to say. Whispering is feminine, too – I can’t stomach hearing men shouting over each other in a display of verbal one-upmanship. But, don't get me wrong - I’m not complaining about this behavior. I know we’re barely out of the cave here on Earth. I don’t seek to change things; I’m just overjoyed that I’m different. In fact, I need something to actively disassociate from. I accept things the way they are, yet I avoid the herd and its attendant mentality. If you wish to discuss Cartesian Dualism, I’m available, but please don’t hit me, OK? BTW, loving your enemy is feminine, too...

Right after I heard the “quarterbacks in skirts” quote, they ran a commercial showing a little girl playing football WITH boys. She took off her helmet and proudly proclaimed “I never cry!” This made me cry. RUN! Run back to the femininity you’re squandering, and please choose skirts over concussions – you’ll thank me later. Check it out - I have no “old” football injuries slowing me down, and my mind is intact (despite the concussions). Pardon me for not jumping up and bumping my chest against yours, but these breast forms are very special to me...

Here’s my question: Do you notice these subtle things? Or, more specifically, WTF? :strugglin

Jodygurl
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
As usual, Frederique, you pose an interesting dicotomy. Or, at least an interesting story. A few years ago I found myself doing the "heard" thing on Sunday afternoon. I remembered Saturday afternoons in HS, football. I didn't understand it then, didn't care for the guys that were on the "team" and in general went to the game so that I could be w/ a girl for a few hours (it was an all boys school).

I just sorta gave up on football and began to channel my need for sports into baseball. It accured to me that it was more of a cereberal game and have few "official time outs" for injured players. As George Carlin pointed out the object of the game is to go home. What could be more feminine than that?

Thanks for you comments.

Joanie_Shakti
10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I say yes for quarterbacks in skirts. After all, Joe Namath wore pantyhose. :D

t-girlxsophie
10-26-2010, 10:39 PM
nothing about american foot?!ball makes much sense to me so to have them wear skirts would make as much sense as anything.maybe the referee would be A more obvious choice to put skirts on.i mean what with them dropping their handkerchiefs all the time Lol.are they waiting for some hunky player to pick it up for them:heehee: (Ill duck for cover now)

:hugs:Sophie

Frédérique
10-27-2010, 04:58 PM
nothing about american foot?!ball makes much sense to me so to have them wear skirts would make as much sense as anything.maybe the referee would be A more obvious choice to put skirts on.i mean what with them dropping their handkerchiefs all the time Lol.are they waiting for some hunky player to pick it up for them.

The coaches throw “handkerchiefs” too, but they do it with a disdainful expression of disgust to protest a questionable call. Hmmm -- how to be manly and fling a small cloth? These days, there’s a lot of towel-waving going on, both on the field and in the stands – when did this practice begin? Isn’t “throwing in the towel” or waving a cloth a signal of surrender?
:idontknow:

American football is a brute-force sport devoid of sissy-ness, so any display (or mention) of femininity is glaring, to say the least. The sport makes sense to me in some ways, but it is not the place for femininity, either physically or emotionally. Now and then you see a non-cheerleader female wandering the sidelines before the tide of masculinity sweeps everything aside, but that’s rare. It’s certainly not a place for skirt-wearing males, so why do I watch it?

PS – Since you’re from the UK, I feel obligated to tell you that I love cricket AND it makes sense to me! :eek:

RADER
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
YES!!! That way I could wear a skirt just like the Foot Ball Players do. LOL Rader

t-girlxsophie
10-27-2010, 07:07 PM
PS – Since you’re from the UK, I feel obligated to tell you that I love cricket AND it makes sense to me!

Well as a Scot I'll just say your one up on me,As a nation I think we are programmed to dislike Cricket

Certainly can see why Cricket would appeal to you,A rather more genteel and Civilised Sport-Crisp white clothes,stopping for lunch etc :)

:hugs:Sophie

Sarah Doepner
10-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Right after I heard the “quarterbacks in skirts” quote, they ran a commercial showing a little girl playing football WITH boys. She took off her helmet and proudly proclaimed “I never cry!” This made me cry. RUN! Run back to the femininity you’re squandering, and please choose skirts over concussions – you’ll thank me later. Check it out - I have no “old” football injuries slowing me down, and my mind is intact (despite the concussions). Pardon me for not jumping up and bumping my chest against yours, but these breast forms are very special to me...

Here’s my question: Do you notice these subtle things? Or, more specifically, WTF? :strugglin

When women decided to become involved in activities normally dominated by men (football, auto racing etc.) they are expected to particiapte like the men, no change in the game is allowed because it would change i.e., femininze, the activity. However, when men become involved in activities that have been traditionally linked to women (cooking or makeovers come to mind) they become either head-to-head competitions to become the "Iron Chef" or an over-the-top, against the clock, destruction and rebuild.

It's unfortunate that it's still quite a "battle" we will have to "fight" in order to make it okay for men to embrace just a little femininity.

Nick2Nikki
10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Do I notice these things? Only if I feel like over analyzing and making connections that are feeble at best. What would you have preferred for them to say, "You'd might as well make the quarterbacks...?" You have a knack for finding small little details that when viewed from a certain angle help you feel confident in your anti-man view on life.

Frédérique
10-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Well as a Scot I'll just say your one up on me,As a nation I think we are programmed to dislike Cricket
Certainly can see why Cricket would appeal to you,A rather more genteel and Civilised Sport-Crisp white clothes,stopping for lunch etc

I apologize for my faux pas – I should have looked more closely at your location…:doh:

Programmed to dislike cricket? That’s interesting. Doesn’t Scotland have a national team? I know all about Scotland vs. England history, so I can understand where you’re coming from. Here in the U.S. there is a hint of the old North vs. South conflict – you’ll see it in college football, or stock car racing, where the South rises again nearly every weekend. Here in Kansas, sports rule. There are a lot of busy chiropractors around...

However, when men become involved in activities that have been traditionally linked to women (cooking or makeovers come to mind) they become either head-to-head competitions to become the "Iron Chef" or an over-the-top, against the clock, destruction and rebuild.

Welcome to EXTREME CUPCAKE WARS!!! :eek:

SuzanneBender
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
My solution to the quarterback injury situation is not making the QB wear the skirt. Only a natal man would come up with a solution like that. Anyone that knows football and knows women's fashion would realize that the true solution would be to have the Defensive Ends and anyone else that would come on a blitz wear pencil skirts. This would significant slow them down making a sack of the QB much less violent.

Heck I probably wouldn't have quit football in high school had this been a uniform option!

JainaCarpaccio
10-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Much as I'd love to see that, it would have to be gradual so as not to be noticed right away. BRING ON THE KILTS!!!

MargaretJ
10-30-2010, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=SuzanneBender;2305883] Anyone that knows football and knows women's fashion would realize that the true solution would be to have the Defensive Ends and anyone else that would come on a blitz wear pencil skirts. This QUOTE]

And heels.

kayegirl
10-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Sophie, read your first post on this thread and just could not stop laughing, needed one of those hankies the umpires throw down.

PS Since I'm from Yorkshire, the true home of cricket, I feel obliged to tell you that I cannot abide the game. It's the most pointless, boring game that masquerades as a sport. I would rather watch paint drying.