PDA

View Full Version : Goals and Dreams (for Transmen ONLY please)

Areyan
10-26-2010, 07:14 PM
hi guys,

apart from transition or reaching your goal of being who you want to represent to everyone, as guys, do you have any dreams or goals that are specific to your future life (or current life if you are post-transition)?

stuff possibly that you see as being more achievable or enjoyable as a male that you have not been able to or felt too unhappy to go for in your previous life?

when i was about 6 - 7 and still believing it was possible to grow up male from what i was physically :doh: i wanted to be an airline pilot and musician. i got into performing arts while young because that way i got to be whoever i wanted and quite often went for masculine stage roles.

i got the music thing happening already over the last few years but i didn't push it as much as i could have as her because i was having so many issues with just being/identity. i'm looking at other things i want to do, possibly film as well. have ideas for my town's local tv station.... anyway, that's where i'm at with goals for now/future.

Andy66
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Most of my goals, like financial stability and educational goals, don't depend too much on my body.

My physical goal is to get in shape both for my health and appearance. Yep, I'm being vain here. I want to look like as much of a classy gentleman as I feel inside. ;)

Edit: LOL! My current avatar doesn't exactly scream "classy gentleman," does it? I'm also a bit of a goof. :heehee:

mistunderstood
10-27-2010, 09:38 AM
It is funny you bring up this question. Rite now I am turning 40 in December and I have been thinking about goals for my-self and about my past. I am confused about both and not sure what I need to do or want to do.
I feel like my first 40 years have been a waste and feel like if I died today there would be nothing to say at my funeral.

Felix
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
OOOOOOH I like this thread :)

When I was a kid I never really new what I wanted to be, used to fantisize a lot about being a soldier or pilot or a roman centurian lol :) Growing up I never really new what I wanted to be coz nothing seemed to fit but that all makes sense now. After a year working in a Wimpy I started my psychiatric nurse training at the age of 19 I really enjoyed those years of nursing although I got in somewhat of a rut nursing the older end of the spectrum. I decided after years of pondering and when it was fesable to go back to University where I did a degree in Gender Studies and Social Policy I had something to prove to myself and I did it was a huge learning curve not just educationally but emotionally and psychologically. This was because I faced the fact that I really wanted to be with a woman and not with men. It was the start of my journey to admitting who I was inside although I didn't realize it at the time or maybe I didn't want to see it ;)
After achieving this goal and getting my Honours Degree I found myself working with children who have behavioural, emotional, social and developmental problems so from the old to the young lol. I love my job even though it doesn't pay brilliantly and I am well below the national average wage in this country by £10000 as are so many. That is why I am so gratefull for the NHS I've paid my dues all my life so I have no qualms about getting my surgery this way. I would no way be able to do it privately.
So my goals since Uni to fully transition what I didn't expect was the speed at which this has taken place. I did have a goal to be fully transitioned within three years and that looks highly likely now :) but what I did not dream was that I would have had hormonal reassignment and gender reassignment in two years :) All I am left with now is the cosmetic brush ups as all my female bits are gone. I have moobs which will shortly be gone too and my chest will replace them JOY!!!!!
So what else do I want to achieve? I want to be able to pay my motgage off which means being able to pay the full payments and not just the interest but at the moment its unrealistic coz of previous debts I've been left with and just not enough income coming in to cover the fall short:( Maybe one day who knows :) I'd like to think one day Helen and I could get married but again money and legalities the way they are doesn't look likely as yet :/
Well thats about it really :) xx Felix

AnonyMouse
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
My goals are to publish at least one novel, fight discrimination in all its forms, write high-quality erotica to share over the Internet, go to college, watch Twinklight, and work with kids. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and also to actually finish making an RPG. Marriage would be nice, if I can find someone.

Areyan
10-27-2010, 09:43 PM
My physical goal is to get in shape both for my health and appearance. Yep, I'm being vain here. I want to look like as much of a classy gentleman as I feel inside. ;)

Edit: LOL! My current avatar doesn't exactly scream "classy gentleman," does it? I'm also a bit of a goof. :heehee:

ahhh yes, another one of my goals.... to be somewhat as good-looking as my avatar here will require some weight-loss and serious endurance exercise... fun fun... i get you though, i am a little vain about it too... lol.

Areyan
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
It is funny you bring up this question. Rite now I am turning 40 in December and I have been thinking about goals for my-self and about my past. I am confused about both and not sure what I need to do or want to do.
I feel like my first 40 years have been a waste and feel like if I died today there would be nothing to say at my funeral.

i know what you mean... i have barely begun my own journey and i know that my funeral would be hers and no one would have ever known about who i really was... even with transitioning i guess there wouldn't be much to say as people would only have my history to remember. i get you about feeling the wasted years. i'm annoyed at myself sometimes that it took me this long to figure it out.

Areyan
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Felix, you have an amazing story... and i see so many parallels with my own awareness as yours happened during the process of realising who you really are. i also had the attraction to females to learn to deal with and of course, after realising i'm not classically a lesbian and realising how i was attracted to them and the way i felt in my mind about so many things drew my attention to who i am. from hrt to grs in such a small amount of time is amazing and i'm so happy to see this can be done. there are improvements happening in the ftm world of surgeries and i hope other guys get hope from it too... i'm just so happy for you as well, thanks for sharing with us. :D

Anonymouse, those are great goals... i once tried to write a book and it was a very difficult task indeed for a work of fiction... i will have to do some research if i attempt it again in future. i have also considered marriage as a possibility in the future if i found someone or know someone right for me.

Andy66
10-28-2010, 12:29 AM
to be somewhat as good-looking as my avatar here will require some weight-loss and serious endurance exercise... fun fun... i get you though, i am a little vain about it too... lol.
Yeah, if I could magically look any way I wanted to, I think I would choose to look lean and well-dressed and sort of mysterious like one of those sexy vampires from movies. Not a creepy vampire like Dracula - just a sexy chick-magnet vampire. Haha. ;)

I've also dreamed for a long time of running a marathon. I'm nowhere near in shape for it right now though. Sports are one area where genetic males often have an advantage. I try not to worry about that too much. So I'm like a wimpy short guy. :doh: That's the card I was dealt in this life. I just want to be healthy and do the best job I can with what I have.