PDA

View Full Version : The power of having an avatar!

PuniPuni
10-26-2010, 07:58 PM
You know for a while I didn't have an avatar on this forum. I was lazy I guess, but I was all distressed and stuff. So last weekend, trying to avoid homework, I went out and found an anime character that is a crossdresser and made her my avi.

And you know, I suddenly inexplicably feel really really good about myself! Go figure, right? Any thoughts on this madness? My view is that, in relation to a comment I made earlier, this impossible cartoonish look still gives me something to strive for. I mean look at that big hair! That's epic. <3

Tina B.
10-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Well you did pick a cute one.
Tina B.

Jessica Who
10-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes it is a cute avatar, but I know we'd love to see a picture of you someday :)

Amanda22
10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I suddenly inexplicably feel really really good about myself! Go figure, right? Any thoughts on this madness?

It's not madness. I suspect your avatar, although not a photo, is still public evidence of your girlness. That brings the good feeling. You're farther along than me; I still need to take and upload photos. My wife and I plan to work on makeup this weekend and upload...

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I think your choice in avatar is good and reflects your current feelings. It is very studious. Nice selection.

Michelle 51
10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
It might be that the avitar is confirmation to your femme side that your done hiding her and she is becoming a little bit more of who you are.

Presh GG
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Every time I see my avitar my heart sings.

She's not spoiled or anything LOL

Presh GG

Mahoro
10-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Puni,
I totally Love you avatar, it's an adorable pic, and if you can see yourself in that image then it's something tangible that you can hold onto as you explore the expression of your own inner girl. As a huge anime fan I find that I can really relate to many of the female characters in anime, as they often embody all the wonderful and magical traits that I associate with my feminine nature. My personal hero has always been Mahoro, and so I always choose her likeness for my avi on forums. If you ever want to chat about great anime role models let me know, would love to hear your perspective.

SuzanneBender
10-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Well I really didn't get into the movie but.....ohhhhh you mean the cute little pictures we put next to our posts! Silly me.

I think having an avatar is a great expression of who we feel we are. Presh is a cute kitty cat, you are a school girl with big hair and well I am in the vain camp and want to try to show of cute pictures of myself. Its all good clean fun. Well of course unless you post a naughty avatar and then the moderators will have their way with you.

Inna
10-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Well I really didn't get into the movie but.....ohhhhh you mean the cute little pictures we put next to our posts! Silly me.

I think having an avatar is a great expression of who we feel we are. Presh is a cute kitty cat, you are a school girl with big hair and well I am in the vain camp and want to try to show of cute pictures of myself. Its all good clean fun. Well of course unless you post a naughty avatar and then the moderators will have their way with you.

Oh, you mean like Avatar the avatar thingy, well then:

Nicole Erin
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
My avatar has nice booty.

Proteus
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know how mine turned out. I'm meaning for it to reflect not only my profession and passion for the sea, but also the unwillingness to stick with one defined gender and sacrifice the other. Plus, Hergé is awesome.

I just hope it doesn't scream "dude in a dress" too much. :heehee:

Genivieve
10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I wish I could keep my pic up but there is too much chance to be recognized. Around here I would be considered a freak.

Andy66
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Your avatar reflects a part of you that sometimes your real body is unable to show. Like my current one - I was feeling cute and silly and Halloween-ish when I chose it. I don't look that cute in real life, but sometimes I feel cute. :heehee:

NV Susan
10-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Puni, yours is a very cute avatar. I have the same feelings about mine but I do like to change it now and again, as I did today!!

alice clair
10-29-2010, 05:06 PM
My avatar doesn't have a picture, but i am working on it and hope to have one soon. I am not scared about being found out who i am because i TRUST everyone on this site. I will post my picture very soon.