PDA

View Full Version : CD clusters.

RachelPortugal
10-27-2010, 05:31 AM
I read threads asking if CD'ing may be inherited/genetic, a theory which I would not discount.

I wonder however if there are environmental conditions that cause a propensity towards CD'ing.

As an example of this, being from Europe, I see many US members' location names that are not familiar to me. I had never heard of Greensboro, NC until I joined the forum, yet it seems to appear quite frequently. Are there geographic clusters of CD'ers (apart from those towns/cities that are LGTB friendly and therefore cause migration toward them)? If so, why? Genetics in close knit communities perhaps?

Have any studies been made on this subject?

AKAMichelle
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
The clusters probably have to do more with the size of the city. The larger the city = the more cd'ers present

JulieC
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Have any studies been made on this subject?

There's precious little true research on transgender issues in general. On CDing in particular, there's almost nothing. It's like it's the third rail of psychology. Nobody wants to research it, and there's no money out there to research it anyways. Try writing a grant titled "Why men wear pantyhose" and see how much money you get :)

ronny0
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
In addition to the logic that the larger city = more people = more CD.
On the flip side, if you come from a really small city you could out yourself by saying where you are from, so you might opt to say you are from a major city near your little town? Many / most really small US cities everyone still knows or knows about those in the town. If you are not out / open about your CD life, you could let the whole town know just by posting that you are from that small town.

Question:

Are their any studies that indicate what percent of men CD in one form or another?

Joanne f
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I use to think there maybe some geographical link in the number of CD/TG in a given area but now feel that it is reasonably even just that some areas seam to encourage people to be more open about it than others , but i am sure that if people are thinking of moving for any reason the thought of others who are like you must play a part in attracting people to certain areas.
It is something i would certainly consider if i where to move .

JulieC
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Are their any studies that indicate what percent of men CD in one form or another?

Nothing that's truly scientific. I'm seen numbers all over the board. The most extreme I saw was that before the age of 20, about 50% of men have tried crossdressing.

The problem here is ...what is the question? We can come up with 42 as an answer, but it's meaningless without the question. What IS a CDer? Is it a person who tries on women's clothes, regardless of the reason? Only those that do it for reasons other than a costume party? A drag show? For some fun in the bedroom with their partner? How do you even begin to define a CDer? Those of us posting here would, by and large, define ourselves at least as CDers, but even we can't come up with definitions that match a particular construct. Transgendered? Transsexed? Fetishist? Etc...etc...etc..

ronny0
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Nothing that's truly scientific. I'm seen numbers all over the board. The most extreme I saw was that before the age of 20, about 50% of men have tried crossdressing.

I agree, yet I sort of also feel all those that are willing to identify as crossdressing might feel a lot better about themselves if when they are in a crowded room. They could look about and say with some confidence that "I am not alone" in this crowd at least ?% of the men have tried this and at least ?% are interested in doing this part time.
When we start, (IMO) we feel like we are the only one in the world doing this / having this strange feeling / desire?
I guess my quest would be that the title CD / crossdresser go away, and men be allowed to dress / look as they desire as many woman take advantage of