PDA

View Full Version : Any one of you more interested in skirts, dresses, and heels than the SO?

JohnH
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
I have a rather interesting situation with my wife and myself.

My wife wears pants or shorts only for her street wear and only flat shoes. She also has much shorter hair than I do.

I on the other hand, wear skirts and dresses on a regular basis, and I wear heels some of the time.

How many of you share this situation?

[I guess my self-imposed exile on this forum lasted only a short time!] :)

Jessica Who
10-28-2010, 03:39 PM
My wife loves skirts, dresses and heels. However, I seem to get slightly more excited about these things than she does. Go figure :)

Trish
10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I wear a skirt or dress as much as possible. My wife is a lot like yours, she wears pants or shorts 99% of the time. I do have more skirts and dresses than my wife. When we go shopping, she looks at pants and shorts, and I look at the dresses and skirts. I don't think my wife owns a shoe with a heel over an inch.

audreyinalbany
10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure my wife owns a single skirt. She has a couple of dresses, but they are only for special occasions. It's pants 99.9% of the time.

il.dso
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
I definitely own and wear dresses, skirts and PANTYHOSE more often than my wife!

Karren H
10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
My wife doesn't own a dress. Has one skirt. And threw all her heels away... Too bad they didn't fit me.. She does have a lot of womens jeans!! Ickkkkkk..

StaceyJane
10-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I wear the skirts in my family.

JohnH
10-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe we are onto something.

This past summer I was the only adult wearing a skirt for morning walks, and most of the people out that time of day are women. Sometimes I wore a dress for the morning walk, and I certainly was the only person wearing a dress!

Just dreaming - we may see the day when males are the ones who wear skirts, dresses, and heels more than genetic women! It would be nice to overcome the "trouser tyranny" and the stupid "bird breast" look of the standard coat and tie of formal male attire!

SusanMarie
10-28-2010, 04:45 PM
What StaceyJane said!!!

PrettyFlowingGown
10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I dont have a SO, but i have 2 close girlfreinds who envy my wardrobe. i have plenty more dresses and skirts than them.....ummm, and evening gowns too. i love my dresses.

JohnH
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
SusanMarie,

I like your signature. I don't have a large enough section in the master bedroom closet for all of my clothes!

pernille d
10-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I am the one in the family with the dresses and skirts , it's pants for my wife 99% of the time .

Danni Bear
10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
yes, but then I'm a m2f ts and my so is a f2m ts

Danni

lynda o
10-28-2010, 05:33 PM
My wife will wear a long skirt for a wedding or things like that, she says she can't wear anything shorter because she has cankles, no heels because her knees won't take it. I think that makes it my job to wear skirt & high heels I like my job.

Tammy V
10-28-2010, 05:50 PM
My wife is the tomboy in the family. She wears little makeup, rarely wears a skirt or dress, and never wears heels or hose. SHe has a great little body though and I hope to look as good as her when I am 56 (I am 46).

Veronica Lacey
10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Some where in the middle here. My wife will wear a skirt or dress for special occasions and will sometimes wear low heels when we go out.

If we quantified our time in dresses, skirts and heels then my wearing time to hers would be a ratio around 20:1.

JohnH
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Some where in the middle here. My wife will wear a skirt or dress for special occasions and will sometimes wear low heels when we go out.

If we quantified our time in dresses, skirts and heels then my wearing time to hers would be a ratio around 20:1.

In my case the ratio would be X/0, where X is any positive number for my wearing skirts, dresses, and heels with the resulting number being infinity [except when we got married when she did wear a skirt]!

Bethany38
10-28-2010, 08:42 PM
My Wife is like a lot of all the others on this post. She really wears a skirt or dress. She uses very little makeup if any. She is always telling people that I know more about makeup than she does. Now the kicker ( and this makes me chuckle when I think of it:heehee:.) when I started wearing panties full time. She started wearing my old boxer briefs all the time. We truly were made for one another.

TommyII
10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
So what is really happening here? In nature it's the male that has the attractive ploomage and the female is drab. Maybe we are just beginning to be what nature intended after all.

JohnH
10-28-2010, 09:31 PM
My Wife is like a lot of all the others on this post. She really wears a skirt or dress. She uses very little makeup if any. She is always telling people that I know more about makeup than she does. Now the kicker ( and this makes me chuckle when I think of it:heehee:.) when I started wearing panties full time. She started wearing my old boxer briefs all the time. We truly were made for one another.

I came across some panties that fit me (Hanes Her Way) in a box that my previous wife left me. So I alternate between the regular Hanes mens briefs and panties. My wife does not routinely wear underpants since she really doesn't need to since she wears pants exclusively.

So what is really happening here? In nature it's the male that has the attractive ploomage and the female is drab. Maybe we are just beginning to be what nature intended after all.

That is so true. Before the French Revolution men had much more beautiful clothing than the women.
For example, look at the website showing King Louis 14th wearing his fancy clothes.

http://the-falcon1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/louis-xiv-of-france.jpg

Wigs could be about 60 cm (2 feet) high. What happened during the French Revolution is that men's clothing was dumbed down because fancy clothing smacked of the aristocracy.

As I have written at other places it is striking how much bigger the Male-to-Female Crossdressing section is as compared to the Transmasculine section - a ratio of more than 20 to one. Most of us as genetic males are simply doing what comes natural - to be beautiful in the same way as nature intended us in the same way as the peacock is much more beautiful than the peahen. The narrow constraints placed on male attire by society are really unnatural.

t-girlxsophie
10-29-2010, 01:05 AM
The Missus wears the trousers in our house lol.very rarely will I wear them when en femme,On the odd occasion you will see me in denims,leggings (usually with denim mini) etc and vica versa-but yesterday my wife went visiting her sister and to my surprise she wore denim mini and 3/4 length leggings they looked great on her too.Heels wise She has banned anything over a 2inch heel after an unfortunate incident at her works xmas night out.well she blamed the heels for the broken leg

:hugs: Sophie

Noemi
10-29-2010, 01:44 AM
We do not know what it feels like to be the objects of desire of men. Wearing overtly feminine things turns up the heat and the GG's do not want to deal with that energy all of the time, plus practicality and laziness and busyness..
great thread. And no I am not a GG I just think like one LOL...just my .02 really

Loni
10-29-2010, 02:40 AM
i guess you could say my mom is my "so" does that count??
but she has started to ware more skirts cause i have so many that i ware all the time.
maybe i/we are starting a trend?

Melody Phillips
10-29-2010, 03:39 AM
I like skirts,dresses,shorts, stockings, and heels. My wife does not. I guess I have better legs than she does. lol

dominique
10-29-2010, 04:20 AM
My wife only wears dresses, skirts once a year. But if going out she wears low heels with knee highs. But apart from that trousers or jeans iss the norm. While I dress only in skirts, tights and heels. Would love her to wear skirts more often as she has great legs, such a waste to keep them covered.

tamarav
10-29-2010, 06:53 AM
I have been watching women come into my salon over the past 2 years and find that only about 2% wear a dress or skirt, but high heels are making a strong comeback in my area. Lots of the teens and slightly older girls are wearing heels, although poorly, and seem to be enjoying the effects they have on the older crowd.

Let me think, I wore a dress a few months ago but wear skirts on a regular basis. I do wear heels everyday though.

My wife does wear skirts but her heels are "sensible" height shoes, not the extremes we like.

Amanda22
10-29-2010, 07:31 AM
In our household, I wear the dresses and skirts and my lovely, feminine wife wears the pants. We love it that way. I'm so lucky!

Frédérique
10-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Any one of you more interested in skirts, dresses, and heels than the SO? I have a rather interesting situation with my wife and myself. My wife wears pants or shorts only for her street wear and only flat shoes. She also has much shorter hair than I do. I on the other hand, wear skirts and dresses on a regular basis, and I wear heels some of the time. How many of you share this situation?

Aren’t you the one who “turned on” the boy to feminine footwear? You’ll need a thick skin around here, John. Anyway, I am SO-less at the moment, but I once had a girlfriend who would rarely wear feminine garments, in fact she actively disdained anything she felt she [I]had to do in regards to expressing her femininity. That’s fine, but it had the effect of encouraging my crossdressing during the period I knew her. There were many other contributing factors, but I could fill the void she created – ironically her initial re-embrace of femininity, during the early part of our relationship, inspired my own experimentation...

JohnH
10-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Aren’t you the one who “turned on” the boy to feminine footwear? .

No, it was Jamie001 that did that.

Frédérique
10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
No, it was Jamie001 that did that.

But you were prominent within that thread, correct? And this led to your brief self-imposed exile? I'm just wondering. I know how you feel – I’ve been attacked on numerous occasions…
:sad:

minalost
10-29-2010, 12:14 PM
My lovely wife almost NEVER wears makeup, skirts, or dresses. She does have long hair (short just wouldn't work for her) and she has a wonderful collection of earrings. She her pants and tops are very fem though. I think one of the things she doen's like about MY dressing up fem is that I use way more make up (hello... man face!) than she does, and I like to dress up, as in fancier clothing - skirts, panty hose...

JohnH
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Frédérique, I was sparring with KatGRL with his ("her") self-righteous criticisms of Jamie001 and myself. It turned out that he ("she") was struggling with cross-dressing and considered it a sin.

Other than that I have had hardly any attacks on this forum. Thanks for your sympathies and sorry for your bad experiences.

As you can see, my self-imposed exile did not last long - I launched this thread shortly thereafter.

Kind regards,

John

gennee
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I have more clothes than my wife.

Gennee

DonnaT
10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
My wife rarely wears a skirt or dress. The same with heels. It has to be a pretty special occasion, and sometimes even then she prefers a pant suit. I rarely wear a dress, due to my body shape, but have a few, but mostly have skirts.

Genivieve
10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
None of my girlfriends have ever been girly girls. My current gf is soo beautiful when she has to dress up but never does.
I try to encourage it but I do not want to place my will on her and make her uncomfortable.

JohnH
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
None of my girlfriends have ever been girly girls. My current gf is soo beautiful when she has to dress up but never does.
I try to encourage it but I do not want to place my will on her and make her uncomfortable.

So I guess it's your job to wear the girly outfits the same way as it is mine! :)

Alice B
10-29-2010, 04:30 PM
My wife wears lots of shorts and pants. I'm not even sure she owns a dress, while I have 6 dresses and several skirts.

Michaella
10-29-2010, 04:34 PM
My wife wears skirts in warm weather, but rarely otherwise. A dress is a once a year thing at most, nylons not much more often, and high heels never. Last time she wore make-up was about 15 years ago. She will sometimes wear nail polish, but only at my urging. She does like jewellery though, and has a fantastic collection of earrings, always wears an ankle chain, and likes very femme lingerie. So, a mix.

Michaella

sissystephanie
10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
My late wife was a very girly girl. She wore skirts and dresses most of the time. Before we married I often wore jeans or other ladies pants when crossdressed. But she told me that I looked better in a skirt or dress, so I started wearing them more often. I have way more skirts than she did, and probably more dresses now! I have weak ankles so don't wear high heels, at least those over 2 1/2 inches. Since she has passed on I go out dressed enfemme, but presenting as the man that I am!!

Genivieve
10-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry about your wife. That must have been lovely.

I would probably have less inclination to dress if I got to experience the sensation of those clothes against me while my girlfriend
is dolled up. I'd love to feel nylon covered legs or soft satiny dresses on those curves.
That being said, I'm not sure how to ask her to do dress up sometimes. It feels like a selfish fetish for me and clearly she doesn't feel comfortable being super girly. It might enhance our sex life though.. hmmmmm..

JohnH
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
But you were prominent within that thread, correct? And this led to your brief self-imposed exile? I'm just wondering. I know how you feel – I’ve been attacked on numerous occasions…
:sad:

Frédérique, I just don't understand that you would be attacked - you come across as a kind and gentle person. Now on the other hand, often times I have all the finesse(ha ha!) and masculinity of a drill sergeant on this forum, and so I expect to be attacked. So I need to be a bit more thick skinned!

Kind regards,

John

LitaKelley
10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
same situation for me. My wife never wears skirts, dresses or heels....

JessicaNK
10-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I never told her about my internal emotions of thinking I should have been born a girl, but a decade ago I was best friends with a drop dead gorgious woman. While we were never an official couple, I did for a brief time fall for her as we did almost everything together. But she never thought of me as her soul mate. She never wore skirts or dresses. Hard to believe, here I was a closet transgendered guy who wore skirts and dresses more than she did. Actually I wasn't dressing up much when we hung out together. I actually tried to give it up to be with this woman. But it didn't work out and I went back to my womens clothing after we slowly drifted apart with our friendship. In the couple of years where we hung out on basically a daily basis, I only saw her wear a dress once (and yes she looked fantastic in it). It's not like we are talking "tomboy" here. She was feminine, wore great makeup and had great hair. She just did not like wearing skirts and dresses.

Stefia S
10-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Same thing for me. My wife's hair is cropped shorter than mine (in guy mode). She wears makeup and a dress about once or twice a year at most, and refuses to wear high heels! She prefers t-shirts or turtlenecks, jeans and sneakers. She likes uses her jean pockets and carries a wallet in her back pocket.
Fia

siantv2003
10-30-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure my wife owns a single skirt. She has a couple of dresses, but they are only for special occasions. It's pants 99.9% of the time.

Pretty much the same for me. Although she has bought a couple skirts in the time we've been together she has got rid of them - reasons from not practical, doesnt fit well, out of fashion etc. She has some dresses for smart or formal occassions. Heels - she's never owned more than 4 or 5 pairs at any one time and seldom above 2'. I used to buy her shoes to go with outfits which she used say she liked but never wore Currently she owns one pair of strappy sandals with 3' heel, 2 pairs of heeled boots which she never wears and thats it :sad: Being mother to 2 young kids I can empathise when she says skirts and heels arent practical. That said, in answer to question, i get more excited about them than she does and certainly wear higher heels more often than her - thats all she knows about right now but hopefully that will change when I finally man up and tell her about Sian in full :daydreaming:

charlen
10-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Its jeans and snekers only for my SO. No make up. She leaves all dresses heels and make up for me.

julie w
10-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I guess my SO is the odd one here I can't remember the last time she wore pants , she is a curvy girl ( she is not really overweight for her age ) but find skirts
more comfortable , she does not were nylons ,bear legs in summer and tights in winter and heels only to a dress up place ,

Jamie48
10-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I guess I am lucky here. My wife dresses up most days (skirt, hose & heels) everyday. She is my roll model & I love it.

Paula G
10-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I am the one who wears the skirts and heels in the family. My wife actually prefers my old male jeans, and she will wear a skirt and heels only under protest.

I now understand if she prefers wearing slacks and sensible shoes to go out, since I know what it feels like for her now (no complaints for myself, though).

Nicola2876
10-30-2010, 06:31 PM
My wife very rarely wears skirts, dresses or heels. My therapist asked me if my wife was the kind of woman I would like to be to which I replied that we'd be opposites as I love wearing skirts and heels.

Cristi
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
My wife owns 2-3 skirts and a few dresses, but I rarely see her wear any of them. She mostly lives in jeans and a T or polo shirt, sneakers...

She perhaps owns one pair of pantyhose (which is probably several years old). I probably wear stockings or tights more in any single month than she has in her entire life. I guess I could probably even say the same for skirts. I KNOW that I've spent more time in heels than she has by a long way.

If she ever needs anything 'special' like a half slip, knee-highs, jewelry, scarves etc she certainly knows where she can borrow them from. Too bad for her that we are several sizes apart, so there is a limit to what she can borrow.

In 'emergency' situations, she has even resorted go digging through my makeup to find what she needs on the rare occasion that she wears more than lip balm.

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Pretty much the same for me maybe once a year under
protest she will wear a skirt or dress with maybe 1" heels
with only two months to go it ain't looking too good for this year.
I wear skirts or dresses any time that I can with 4" heels.

Orchid

RachelF
10-30-2010, 10:27 PM
My wife never uses a dress or skirt (long dress maybe for a formal party). She does not like heels and uses very few make up. She does not have girly clothes for bed (she sleeps with horrible long jogging pants and a T Shirt). She also uses only plain panties, plain bras, no stockings neither pantyhoses.

Although I do not dress 24x7, I have a lot of nice panties (boyshorts, thongs, g-strings, with laces, some of them strappy, etc). I have nice nightshirts and babydolls for bed, several skirts, and all my female shoes are high heels. I also have more hosiery than my SO.

Although I was attracted to crossdressing before I met her (and she was more into girly things years ago), I wonder if my increased interest in crossdressing has to do someway with her no interest for dressing sexy or more girly.

Anyway, I am another using the skirts at home.

Rachel Morley
10-30-2010, 11:16 PM
My wife loves skirts, dresses and heels. However, I seem to get slightly more excited about these things than she does. Go figure :)
Ditto ... for details go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68027761@N00/

Samantha43
10-30-2010, 11:24 PM
I wear the skirts in my family.

:yt:

Leesa2
10-30-2010, 11:34 PM
I always thought it strange, but it seems we have all had like experiences... my wife just finally started wearing heels recently after I almost forced her to buy them. But, she is still way more comfortable in pants than in a skirt or dress... I guess you can only get one out of two in a dress or skirt.

happy2cd
10-31-2010, 01:26 AM
I am like most of the others who have replied here. I see no reason to wear women's pants and flat shoes when I dress, for me I am not dressed unles I have on a skirt or dress, with a slip and heels along with them.

donnalee
10-31-2010, 02:48 AM
I don't know if I'm more interested. My SO always had an incredible sense of fashion; that's one of the things that attracted me in the first place, but I could always pick out clothing for her. She's picked out clothing for me, both drab & dressed with somewhat less success, so, on reflection, it appears that I may have more ability, if not interest.

JustineFallow
10-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Two of my SO's were in awe of my wardrobe and said I had nicer stuff, not to mention more of it, than they did. The less recent of the two thought I had way too much; she'd keel over if she knew how much more I've amassed!

noeleena
10-31-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi,

Jos wears both slacks & skirts boots & shoes many flates . a bit more make up .
for me skirts & shorts when im working & overalls , i do have some dresses. & one ball gown
shoes boots & some heels , 2 1 /2 in.
Most days im in a skirt & top, i do a bit of walking & yes i like my army boots . my ankle boots i like the best good leather . & for 16 years they are really good . make up really just lippy & eye brow liner most days.
Other than that we are just two women in our own home.

...noeleena...

RobynB
10-31-2010, 06:01 AM
I wear the skirts and dresses in my family.

JohnH
10-31-2010, 02:10 PM
I am like most of the others who have replied here. I see no reason to wear women's pants and flat shoes when I dress, for me I am not dressed unles I have on a skirt or dress, with a slip and heels along with them.

I so agree! If I want to wear women's garments it is going to be a skirt or a dress. If I wear pants I might as well wear my conventional drab attire! I am probably the only person in our cul-de-sac that wears dresses on a regular basis.

suchacutie
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I definitely have a higher affinity for hose and heels, but I think that the dress and skirt quotient in our house is about even.

Abbyru1
10-31-2010, 06:05 PM
I just recently counted-Abby has 38 pairs of shoes( heels,flats,sandals,etc) my wife has
half that. She might have a couple of dresses but I have a lot more. Her wardrobe
consists mostly pants- not just "pants" really nice womens pants and nice tops.
So count me in as one of those who wear the skirts and dresses in our family!

Aprilrain
10-31-2010, 11:29 PM
While my wife doesn't go out of her way to dress girly very often she is clearly female. I definitely enjoy girly clothes more than she does. She rarely wears make up and complains about having to on the few occasions she does though I think she likes the result. I can spend 2 hours getting ready to go out and feel that it was time well spent. Though I am over my 24 hour a day 5 o'clock shadow and have scheduled laser! Really I think it just boils down to the fact that GG,s had a girlhood where they got to experiment and play at being girly and of course many of them simply rejected the idea that they should be "girly" I don't know about anyone else here but I am making up for lost time. So if I want to wear metallic purple nail polish at 34 years old I will!

Stephanie47
11-01-2010, 01:27 AM
My wife hardly wears a dress anymore. In fact, I cannot remember the last time she wore a dress! Due to foot surgeries she cannot wear high heels. She also wears the most boring bras. I'm the one who wears the dresses and sexy undergarments in the family. My legs are fairly nice, so I like to wear dresses that fall anywhere from mid thigh to mid calf. I also have two lovely evening gowns. I went to a well attended event this weekend and there was not one woman wearing a dress-sad!

brandi.tgurl
11-01-2010, 01:52 AM
My girlfriend wears the pants. I can't get enough skirts or dresses, however.

JohnH
11-01-2010, 08:17 AM
My wife hardly wears a dress anymore. In fact, I cannot remember the last time she wore a dress! Due to foot surgeries she cannot wear high heels. She also wears the most boring bras. I'm the one who wears the dresses and sexy undergarments in the family. My legs are fairly nice, so I like to wear dresses that fall anywhere from mid thigh to mid calf. I also have two lovely evening gowns. I went to a well attended event this weekend and there was not one woman wearing a dress-sad!

Good natured reply - so it took a man to wear a dress - i.e., yourself! Just kidding. :)

Enrico
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM
My former SO got vertigo while standing on a newspaper so no heels for her. The last time I remember she wore a dress was when we got married. Now the fashion is leggings with jeans skirts I see her more often wearing. It has always been jeans and flats. But I make up for it now...

linnea
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
My wife probably wears pants more often than she wears skirts or dresses, but she wears both pretty often. I'm pretty much the same. Around the house, I'm more likely to wear pants, maybe a skirt and top. When I go out, I like to wear a dress or skirt. As far as heels go, I love them but because I'm tall and have large feet, I tend to avoid them (or I simply can't find ones that will fit).