PDA

View Full Version : Coming out to friends

Kathryn Martin
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I have spent much time on considering my coming out approach. There are 4 people in this world who know what will happen apart from Elizabeth. They are all friends. In all four cases I explained that I was transgendered person, that I was significantly across the middle of the gender continuum and a transsexual. Not one of my friends had any interest in discussing sexual orientation issues, because they did not think them relevant.

Most of my friends first stated that they were not blindsided by my revelation, that they were surprised but that they were confident that I was who I was and then asked about Elizabeth who was present every time. I love them for that. I am a happy woman, well adjusted and not haunted. I have long recognized, that her transition is much harder and the challenge much greater than for me. I am on my way home, she is leaving a life behind to which she committed. She will be by my side, one day at a time. Our love is growing.

I know there are many questions to come. My friends are more concerned how they can help to minimize the impact, economically, professional and the like. Concerned about Elizabeth and me in our interactions with our social environment when I socially transition.

After my closest male friend left today I cried happy tears. I have not cried since my mothers death since 1995.

I just had to tell you.....

Kathryn

Cherry Lynn
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I have been reading your posts about your transition and I am glad it is going so well for you. Best wishes.