PDA

View Full Version : TSA Full-Body Scanner

TS_Denice
10-29-2010, 02:19 AM
I've read a lot of posts about traveling while dressed. I've read the posts on those of you that fly while dressed and I admire your fortitude and determination. Well in Philly the full-body scanner has arrived at Philadelphia International Airport. Passengers going through the security checkpoint now have an option of using the new technology, or sticking with a walk-through metal detector - followed by a pat-down. The pat-down is much more thorough than the current pat-downs. Right now it is only at the Terminal F but the other gates should have them in a few weeks. So, I was wondering does this give you pause or is it just another thing to go through? Looking at the picture of the scan you can tell what kind of under garments a person is wearing. So even if you just wore panties that could be seen. I don't travel dressed but it was the first thing I thought about while watching the news tonight. From what I understand the TSA security officer working with a passenger does not see the image, and the officer viewing the image is in another location and does not see the passenger. The TSA officers are in contact via radio. The communication is through a headset.

LeannL
10-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I haven't been through one of the new scanners but I can tell you that the TSA knows that I am male as that is what is on my driver's license. Prosthetics, including breast forms, are apparently specifically allowed by TSA rules. So as I mentioned in my thread "Is flying pretty brave?", they have to follow their own rules so there should be no problems.
Leann

alyssaenglefield
10-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Airport security is now starting to get over the top - and countries outside North America are sick of the USA's numerous security checks.

Don't worry about the full body scanners: if you have ever watched Border Patrol (or a similar overseas version), you'll realise that the Aviation Security Service sees stranger things every day.

Jorja
10-29-2010, 07:30 AM
So what if TSA discovers you are CD? You have passed through the rest of thier security, they already know. I have been to several other countries over the years and have had full body pat downs. Japan was doing full body pat downs back in the 70's and 80's. No big deal. It's not like they reach in and take a squeeze (darn it). It is somewhat humiliating the first time I guess but I kind of liked it. :D Just be sure to wink at some cute guy while they are checking your breast!

AKAMichelle
10-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I have flown twice dressed lately and never had any trouble. Including carrying breast forms in carry on luggage. But Wednesday I flew from Denver to Orlando and got the scanner this time. I immediately went oh crap when I knew which line I was in. I did all of the usual stuff of getting everything off and in the trays and went through the scanner. I failed because I had left a wallet in my back pocket. So I had to get the wallet out and get an additional pat down and explosives check. I was very surprised that the one flight I flew in male mode was the one I had additional security searches on.

Next friday I fly to LA while dressed. I am still debating if I am going through the back scanner or not. if I do then I definitely will have something to talk about.

sarahNZ
11-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Phylly you say? ... Oh well I suppose if I have any problems at airport security I could always call for my cousen... hang on a minute if I was going through that airport cuzzy bro "big Dave "kiwi thunder" would be meeting me at the security check, cause thats where he works. But he knows about my dressing anyway so it would not be such a big thing.

Not quite what you wanted to hear?!... sorry. :heehee: :tongueout

linda allen
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
The story on the TV news lately is that a GG flight attendent who is a cancer survivor was forced to remove her prosthetic breast for examination! She said next time she may just take it out and put it in the tray with her other stuff.

mklinden2010
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't fly.

Obviously, it's very dangerous.

AllieSF
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I just went through the more thorough version of the pat down on my way to Las Vegas and it was fine and very professionally done. I would like to try the scanner because it will be quicker if I don't get stopped. My concern with the scanner is what will they do about the silicone breast forms and the silicone hip and butt pads that I use, plus the steel boned waist cincher that may appear as narrow steel weapons. I do not want to be in a position that they require me to take them out or off so that they can look at them. I would like to hear of others' experiences of going through the scanner wearing those supporting and shaping undergarments.

Christinedreamer
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
The really silly thing is we are told to believe this is all in the name of our "safety". Does anyone ever stop to think that the actual terrorists are well aware of the silly theater we are allowing ourselves to be subjected to and will OBVIOUSLY not be using such incredibly amateur methods to wreak havoc? They have already cost us billions of dollars and millions have man hours and will continue to do so.

TSA agents themselves are not subjected to these procedures. Ever wonder how weapons, cell phones and drugs are smuggled into prisons?

2 guesses.

Loni
11-22-2010, 02:57 PM
the tsa has gone far beyond what is needed to provide a safe place, there is NO need to obtain and KEEP a record of any persons body print. yes they do keep a copy of the video of your body.
and the pat downs, and beatings of people, this is not the America i grew up in.
they are not making us any safer they are just looking like a bunch of demented perverts. and yes they get to see it ALL, even to the point of searching every thing in your checked baggage. i have sometimes delivered goods to a airport, and they wanted me to unload the truck before i could get past them to make my delivery.
i deliver frozen foods. and it was over 100F outside. can you say rotten food.
but as for if you are in drab or dressed like a celebrity here is. they do not care about that. show up it a toto and you get a pass. maybe we should all just ware a very tight fitting body suit when we need to fly?

Bootsiegalore
11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Behind the sceens in the ear-piece....... CHHHT... another one wearing panties and pantyhose!.... cchhhhhtt.

sorry, could not resist!

windycissy
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
This TSA bumper sticker sums it up nicely:

joandher
11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Think of it this way,there has been a awful lot of jobs created ?????

Hugs J-JAY

Jenny Gurl
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
New TSA resistant underwear. I guess you can wear sparkley pasties for your bra.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/11/22/2010-11-22_inventor_creates_tsaproof_underwear_to_shield_p rivate_parts_from_xray_machines_p.html?r=news/national

sarainpa
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Listening to a Leo Laport on Sunday (tech type show) the purpose of these machines is to get through fabric to see what you have underneath. The way I understand it and what makes this objectionable is that if you are wearing just fabric panties or bra they would see right through to "your junk" as they cannot see through skin. However if you had an under wire or the like that would in fact show up on the scanner.

suchacutie
11-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I guess I'm finding all of this just ho-hum. If this makes it harder for someone to carry liquids to be mixed into explosives then I'm all for it. Am I going to stop wearing panties? Of course not. The already know I'm male because of my ID. Are they going to get a fuzzy picture of me in the all-together...yup. Will I be bothered? No. Is it all safer? It probably is.

ho-hum.

tina

Rachael502
11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Amen Tina!

Nicole Erin
11-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Just one more reason to not be in the closet.

eluuzion
11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
:D***soap box rant warning***:D …

“If you are not doing anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about“
…and other lies you just accept without challenging…

Ok, so let’s assume you are not doing anything wrong. If a naked picture of you, your SO or your child was posted on the internet, would you worry? Why? I thought there was “nothing to worry about“…lol.

“That can’t happen”… TSA full body image scans are just another security enhancement measure that will make air travel safer. It is worth sacrificing a little (more) privacy to make us safer. (sound familiar?)
Besides, there are so many passengers traveling, there is no way to store and retain all of those images. Sound familiar? That is because it is the same complacent logic used (too much data to store) to disclaim the warnings of NSA monitoring internet traffic. (which they did/do, it is called NARUS).

Back to body scans…
-Actual full body image scan pic FYI...
http://epic.org/privacy/body_scanners/Body_Scan_Pic.pdf

So what, they scan your image. Big deal, right? The DHS, TSA and others promised they would not “retain” any scanned images. There is even a rule in place that all image scans must be “deleted” immediately, right? The “gov’t” would not lie to us, right?:brolleyes:

Think again…or, ah, I mean…think for yourself for a change. You do remember how to do that, right?

Ok, just for fun, let’s look at reality for a minute.
Yes, they do a full body image scan that is recognizable.
Yes, they specified that the scanners have the ability to retain/store/transfer images.
Yes, they have admitted that they have files of images, and they did not delete them. (see the article about what FOIA documents uncovered in Florida).

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/TSA-Backlash-Grows-Over-Leaked-Body-Scans-Many-Other-Scandals-5828

Warning!!! It is time to “think for yourself” again…Ready? Ok, here we go…

- they take a full body image scan.
- they actually do have the capability to store images in mass, and they do.
- they promised to follow the “rule” and immediately delete the images. They did not delete them.
- Ask yourself the same question that applies to all those surveillance cams on every street pole in your city…Who is looking at us and how do we know they are not abusing their monitoring job authority? Even worse…what if one of those “monitoring agents” decides to share a surveillance cam clip or post a full image body scan of us on the internet as part of a hidden personal agenda. (blackmail, revenge, third parties paying for info, profit motives)? Images can be worth big bucks to the right buyer…

Oh, but wait…I am just one of those “paranoid” people the gov’t told you to just ignore. Those people watching us on street cams and looking at our naked bodies from the other side of that scanner glass are “professionals”, that work for the gov’t !! We can trust them, right? They probably passed a drug screen/background screen, make a ton of ‘cough,cough’ money, were trained well, sing in the church choir and love little puppies. I bet some of them even completed high school!

My bad, I guess I am just worrying about nothing. I apologize for thinking on my own again, I know that habit went out of style after 9/11 happened. I will try harder at being complacent… After all, I am not doing anything wrong… am I ?:brolleyes:

Ok, I am ready for the question now…

So, what does this have to do with crossdressing and “freedom”?
Well, in my world…everything.

If anybody is interested… Here is a link to the entire historical index of the Full Body Scan soap opera, as well as the EPIC vs. DHS legal filing.

http://epic.org/privacy/body_scanners/epic_v_dhs_suspension_of_body.html

Have a nice flight…
:love:

Melinda G
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
This issue is vitally important, and must be stopped here and now. The government has overstepped. This is not about keeping you safe. The TSAs own testers have been able to get simulated bombs on planes every time they try. It is about getting the american people to accept ever more intrusive and heavy handed tactics. It is about money and control. If this is allowed to stand, and the public becomes accustomed to being scanned and searched, and the uproar dies down, the scanners and searches will then be installed at train stations, bus stations, sports stadiums, and shopping malls. And the next step might be a Tampax or Preparation H bomber, caught just in time, to prepare the public for cavity searches. Do not laugh. How many of you, a couple years ago, could have imagined a government agent with their hands inside your pants or bra? Who could have imagined small children being groped and frisked, and government agents examining colostomy bags and prosthetic breasts? Do not fly, until this madness ends!

By the way, has anyone ever seen the TSA thugs wash or change their gloves after groping in someones pants, before groping the next person?

Christinedreamer
11-23-2010, 12:56 AM
ABC has requested that INDEPENDENT labs test and certify that the scanners are emitting low level radiation in safe levels. TSA so far has refused independent lab testing of ALL 400+ scanners. The FDA assures us they are safe.This is the same FDA that tests all prescription drugs and implants etc, for safety INCLUDING the ones that are recalled. Which is it? safe or UNSAFE?

I am trying to get a friend of my who is a radiologist to get me a few of the Roentgen sensor badges they wear around the XRAY/CT scan equipment in the hospital to use the next time I go through. You better believe the media will get the results.

Don't forget to give a wide berth to that drum holding all those dangerous chemicals (water, baby formula, shampoo, Massengill, Pepto Bismol etc) they remove from passengers. That drum is now a potential bomb according to the TSA actors.

donnalee
11-23-2010, 01:08 AM
"Those willing to sacrifice their freedom for a little temporary security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

What if a group of religious extremists decided to figure out a way to show the people of a nation they considered "The Great Satan" that their "freedom" was at the mercy of their government? Wouldn't they do pretty much the same as they have; terrorize them to the point of letting this kind of surveilance be the norm? I think this battle may already be lost and don't delude yourself - it IS a battle. Those cameras that are on every street corner already exist in large part; just look carefully at the next major intersection you cross. The only reason everyone isn't on 24/7 surveilance is the lack of manpower to watch & review the video. I've seen this from both sides and it scares the hell out of me. When I was young I read George Orwell's "1984" and today is frighteningly reminiscent.

Sorry for the rant - this thread pushed one of my buttons.
Donna

Melinda G
11-23-2010, 01:48 AM
ABC has requested that INDEPENDENT labs test and certify that the scanners are emitting low level radiation in safe levels. TSA so far has refused independent lab testing of ALL 400+ scanners. The FDA assures us they are safe.This is the same FDA that tests all prescription drugs and implants etc, for safety INCLUDING the ones that are recalled. Which is it? safe or UNSAFE?

Yeah. They told us Vioxx was safe too, until people started dieing from it.

Even if they post the results of the radiation tests, it would only be for a single scan.
Radiation is cumulative, just like too many sunburns, and frequent fliers will likely be getting various forms of cancer in a few years.
And probably bedbugs and lice from the TSA thugs using the same gloves all day.

eluuzion
11-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Radiation tests and results...lol. That puts us right back in the "statistical twistical game". Here, I will give you the answer early..."According to our extensive and exhaustive analysis and testing...all scanners fall within the acceptable range and pose negligible risk to humans". hehehehe....how is that for an off the cuff political statement...I could run for office, eh? Oh, and I will lower taxes, too".

The privacy ship sailed years ago...if you are not invisible now...it is too late for ya' to try and hide now... Average American is captured on some type of video surveillance 90 times a day. In the U.K. the number is 300. Most funding is funneled through your Dept. of Transportation...you can track dollars and projects by accessing the annual city/state budget which is public access. We can still hide, but it takes some serious due diligence...worth it for me...I am still invisible, but started over 10 years ago...

Hide-n-Seek...in the real world...that cell phone/handheld will be your mandatory "tracker ID" of the future. It is close to that now...

"Make sure that the person your friends know as "you", is the person you would want them to profile, should they ever become your enemies..." That's my world...but I am a little twisted, lol.

Maxi
11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
The TSA scanner will only help catch a novice bomber. Someone who is educated in explosives knows everything you need is available beyond the scanners. With a simple piece of plexiglass, the rest of what you need is available on the plane. Here is an example: Stop at 7-11 buy a bottle of orange juice, grab your radio, and go to the beach. You now have everything you need to build a working hydrogen bomb, capable of blowing up a car. For $5 on the baking isle in your favorite grocery store, you can get the materials to make edible candy bars, that can be ignighted with a cell phone.

This scanner will not stop it, but it is supposed to make you feel safer.

Now how about all the weapons that are smuggled in on the planes daily? I met a man (not by choice) that worked the tarmac at DIA transfering illegal weapons from plane to plane. Known as a transfer man.

Boy do I feel safe with being scanned. HA!

eluuzion
11-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Whoa Maxi,

a post like that on the internet will qualify you for a few more lists for sure...

jus sayin...

Maxi
11-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Im sure I am already there. National Security, and ATF have both been at door. My hobbies make then nervious. But I am strictly legal and by the book. I know they watch me, why would I do something stupid?

Paula Siemen
11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't have much neeed to fly anymore and was really wanting to make a flight in fem, just for the feeling of it. All this invasive TSA body searching makes me really want to flay in femm with a skirt, so when they xray me they can see my SHLONG dangling down between my legs. Those pervs, hiding in a booth, didn't check my ID at check-in so I suppose it would give then a good laugh....certainly an image to be STORED and save...of course for TRAINING purpses....wink, wink.

Or maybe I'll pick the GROPING curtain. Now I would not be wearing any panties and I might just suggest, "Let me make this easy for you." as I lift up my skirt to expose my full equipment... and for the pleasure of all the perverts around. And BTW, have any of you ever seen a TSA agent that you wanted touching you..... ANYWHERE??????? Most TSA agents are totally disgusting loosers who can't find anyother work, because who would otherwise want to feel up everyone's thighs and boobs for eight hours a day???????????????? Trust me......look at the person in front and behind you in line......would you really want to put your hands between his/her sweatty thighs or on her ginormous juggs???????

I was brought up in America and this is not America anymore. We so freely give up the freedoms which so many TRUE ANERICANS have died for. We all walk the path of the German Jews of the 1930s/40s if we do not stand up for our rights and freedoms. I can not believe that anyone raised in America can so easily take this invasive and personal affront under the BS of "to keep us safe". Maybe from terrorist, ( excuse me. I mean radical persons), but who will protect us from our OWN GOVERNMENT.

Write your Congressmen/women and Senators and demand a bill banning the TSA porno/gropo practices.

P-ssssssssssssssssss'd OFF
Paula Siemen

AKAMichelle
11-23-2010, 10:39 AM
I went through the new scanner just before the new procedures and I ended up with a pat down of my chest area by a female TSA agent. I also had an explosives check and in 5 minutes was on my way. I have thought about the new procedures and whether or not I would still fly dressed and the answer is "HELL YES". I am not going to let anyone tell me how I have to dress while flying.

mklinden2010
11-23-2010, 11:34 AM
As long as you get what you want, who cares what is costs you or anybody else?

"Look at me - I'm free!"

(Same thing Bambi used to say...)

DonnaT
11-23-2010, 04:40 PM
New TSA resistant underwear. I guess you can wear sparkley pasties for your bra.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/11/22/2010-11-22_inventor_creates_tsaproof_underwear_to_shield_p rivate_parts_from_xray_machines_p.html?r=news/national

The TSA had no comment about the underwear.

If an anomaly shows on the body scan, such as a fig leaf, the TSA will pull you aside for a full body groping.

Schatten Lupus
11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
The really silly thing is we are told to believe this is all in the name of our "safety". Does anyone ever stop to think that the actual terrorists are well aware of the silly theater we are allowing ourselves to be subjected to and will OBVIOUSLY not be using such incredibly amateur methods to wreak havoc? They have already cost us billions of dollars and millions have man hours and will continue to do so.
If you sacrifice freedom for security, then you shall have neither. - Benjamin Franklin
I think he couldn't have been more accurate. TSA is allowed to do to American citizens what the troops are forbidden to do to Iraqi insurgents, all in the faux since of creating "security." We are not anymore safe, and if anything what the terrorist accomplished in the long run, us loosing more freedoms, has allowed them to win. They do not need to see a nude scan of anyone, and damn if they need to feel up and grope people like they do, all in the name of national security. There is already cases of TSA workers bullying eachother over there small genitals, nude body scans being saved and leaked, and so much hassle that if anything we are less safe. Medical conditions be damned; there are stories coming in where TSA has blatantly disregarded special needs for medical conditions. Seriously, forfeiting our rights to the privacy of our naked bodies, without even much of a fight even, has let them know that they really scared the shit out of us. The Patriot Act took away so many rights that that in reality I am more scared of what might happen if we are attacked again, than of actually being attacked again. It's so bad that Muslims became such a hated minority that people are wanting to deny them first amendment rights to practice their own religion, which is ultimately why most of us are here.

eluuzion
11-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Hot off the press...here are a couple more tips to read before you head for the airport. ACLU to the rescue...lol

http://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights/handy-tips-transgender-travelers

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=pwaqy9aab&v=0012kO3uRH1XjBI

Dena
11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I wonder if a good protest would be just stripping naked when taking off your shoes?!!

Stephenie S
11-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Due to the increased risk of radiation I will be opting for the pat-down.

S

melinda45
11-25-2010, 11:01 AM
100 people naked in line would be perfict !!!

Yvonne York
11-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I have to say that as I went through a full body scanner a few weeks ago at a UK airport I did muse to myself 'what if I had been underdressed?'. I wasn't, but when the automatic gates opened, I still had to have a pat down. And then, if not earlier, I would have been found to be wearing an underwired bra if I did what I like to do and be underdressed. What would they do - I don't know. What would they think - I don't care! But I have the say the whole security thing at airports (which I approve of to some degree) makes me less likely to underdress until I get to my destination. Maybe a coward, but.........................

CharleneT
11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
I wonder if a good protest would be just stripping naked when taking off your shoes?!!

Actually ... that is not a bad idea at all. It is a common way to protest different things, definitely gets your protest on the TV too !

Maxi
11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Here is a copy and paste of an artical explaining what is going on.

DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice
Comment on this article at Canada Free Press
By Douglas J. Hagmann, Director
23 November 2010: Following the publication of my article titled “Gate Rape of America,” I was contacted by a source within the DHS who is troubled by the terminology and content of an internal memo reportedly issued yesterday at the hand of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Indeed, both the terminology and content contained in the document are troubling. The dissemination of the document itself is restricted by virtue of its classification, which prohibits any manner of public release. While the document cannot be posted or published, the more salient points are revealed here.
The memo, which actually takes the form of an administrative directive, appears to be the product of undated but recent high level meetings between Napolitano, John Pistole, head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA),and one or more of Obama’s national security advisors. This document officially addresses those who are opposed to, or engaged in the disruption of the implementation of the enhanced airport screening procedures as “domestic extremists.”
The introductory paragraph of the multipage document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.
The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.
For individuals who engaged in such activity at screening points, it instructs TSA operations to obtain the identities of those individuals and other applicable information and submit the same electronically to the Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, the Extremism and Radicalization branch of the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (IA) division of the Department of Homeland Security.
For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].
It would appear that the Department of Homeland Security is not only prepared to enforce the enhanced security procedures at airports, but is involved in gathering intelligence about those who don’t. They’re making a list and most certainly will be checking it twice. Meanwhile, legitimate threats to our air travel security (and they DO exist) seem taking a back seat to the larger threat of the multitude of non-criminal American citizens who object to having their Constitutional rights violated.
As I have written before, it has nothing to do with security and everything to do with control.

Christinedreamer
11-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Let's see ol BO let his daughters go through the pat down ON CAMERA. We already have situations of children in pure panic because strangers are touching them inappropriately. Factor in medical issues that have been physically demeaning and humiliating as well as actually dangerous to the victims of TSA terrorism and you have all the ammo that should be needed to stop this patently stupid and 100% useless violation of the 4th amendment.

America STOP BEING BULLIED!

Melinda G
11-25-2010, 08:51 PM
This whole airport security charade, has nothing to do with terrorism, and everything to do with conditioning the american people, to accept more government control, and justifying the backroom deals to spend billions on full body scanners, which will eventually be installed in bus and train stations, sports stadiums, shopping malls, and all government buildings.. The two alleged terror incidents, "caught just in time", were on international flights, originating outside the United States. And both involved people known to the government as possible terrorists, who were allowed to fly anyway. The forced pat downs of screaming three year old children, old ladies in wheel chairs, and seniors with colostomy bags, has nothing to do with keeping us safe. It's about control. The police state is here, and being implemented as we speak. It started when President Bush admitted tapping the phones of american citizens without warrants, and said he planned to keep on doing it, just to keep us safe, of course. And nobody objected. It does not surprise me in the least that Obama is OK with it. If he represented any threat to the people who actually run the country, they would not have allowed him to be elected. And 2012 will probably bring us the choice between more Obama, and Sarah Palin.

Laura_Stephens
11-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Here is a copy and paste of an artical explaining what is going on.

DHS & TSA: making a list, checking it twice
Comment on this article at Canada Free Press
By Douglas J. Hagmann, Director
23 November 2010: Following the publication of my article titled “Gate Rape of America,” I was contacted by a source within the DHS who is troubled by the terminology and content of an internal memo reportedly issued yesterday at the hand of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Indeed, both the terminology and content contained in the document are troubling. The dissemination of the document itself is restricted by virtue of its classification, which prohibits any manner of public release. While the document cannot be posted or published, the more salient points are revealed here.
The memo, which actually takes the form of an administrative directive, appears to be the product of undated but recent high level meetings between Napolitano, John Pistole, head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA),and one or more of Obama’s national security advisors. This document officially addresses those who are opposed to, or engaged in the disruption of the implementation of the enhanced airport screening procedures as “domestic extremists.”
The introductory paragraph of the multipage document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.
The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.
For individuals who engaged in such activity at screening points, it instructs TSA operations to obtain the identities of those individuals and other applicable information and submit the same electronically to the Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, the Extremism and Radicalization branch of the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (IA) division of the Department of Homeland Security.
For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].
It would appear that the Department of Homeland Security is not only prepared to enforce the enhanced security procedures at airports, but is involved in gathering intelligence about those who don’t. They’re making a list and most certainly will be checking it twice. Meanwhile, legitimate threats to our air travel security (and they DO exist) seem taking a back seat to the larger threat of the multitude of non-criminal American citizens who object to having their Constitutional rights violated.
As I have written before, it has nothing to do with security and everything to do with control.

In his writings, Thomas Jefferson saif that this would be the end game of government.

Southern Michele
11-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh My! Could it be?

Sherry-Stephanie
11-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Doesn't really matter...scan none and scan everybody the bad guys will still get past us....the odds say that....they succeed once, we succeed 100% of the time....ani't happening with the government...

Scan's aint that bad, plus TSA is doing the law enforcement type pat down....just about down to the skivies....so what do you expect????

I liked the girl out in LA, going to the airport for flight....wore a heavy coat and had a bikini underneath. Quick searh there....visial as well....Now THAT will work!!!!! LOL Got to love "creativity" at it's finest.....Leave it too the "Left Coast and LA in particular to come up with that....beautiful!!!!

But do you think the government would ever think of that???? Make everyone wear bikini's and briefs who are flying....

S

Jilmac
11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
If I was flying in drab, I would prefer the body scan to a pat down. If the TSA is able to see that I'm wearing panties (which I wear 24/7) They'll have something to talk about in the break room.

VanessaVW
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
If I was flying in drab, I would prefer the body scan to a pat down. If the TSA is able to see that I'm wearing panties (which I wear 24/7) They'll have something to talk about in the break room.

I'm going to fly under-dressed on Friday. I'll see how it goes. :<

Melinda G
11-26-2010, 08:11 PM
The quickest way to stop terrorism, is to stop meddling in other peoples countries.

Christinedreamer
11-26-2010, 09:16 PM
What we need to do is stop using people to handle security who don't know enough to pour p*ss out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

Somebody in TSA care to explain how a loaded clip was found on a Southwest Airlines plane 2 days ago? Probably one of the brain trust collection of non compus mentus government gropers.

What is so sad is that these clowns actually believe they are potentially thwarting a terrorist attack. ANYONE with the slightest intent and minimal expertise can get dangerous items on a plane or bus or train. They have done once (big time) and don't need to do it again to control and bankrupt the civilized world.

Melinda G
11-26-2010, 10:58 PM
If I was flying in drab, I would prefer the body scan to a pat down.
You are aware that radiation is involved, right? And nobody will say how much.
Would you get a chest Xray every couple weeks?

Now for extra points: Why won't the TSA allow it's workers to wear radiation badges like they do in the hospitals, and other places where X ray machines are in use?

marny
11-27-2010, 12:28 AM
The rest of the world needs to take a lesson from the Israeli's. Stop terrorism by profiling. Don't make the innocent suffer inconvienience and indignities. Contrary to the many bad experiences reported ( and isn't that what you always hear about) I went through 6 US airports in the last 2 weeks with my wife. She has had her knee's replaced and is subjected to the pat down every time. Always by a women. No privacy screen but hardly necessary. She is off to the side. Everyone else going through is so concerned about putting there stuff into bins and then collecting it, they aren't looking at anything else. I on the other hand wearing my belt (never thought to take that off ), en drab except for C forms with an underwire bra in a tight sweater ( no missing the boobs!) walk straight through every time!

marny
11-27-2010, 12:36 AM
The rest of the world needs to take a lesson from the Israeli's. Stop terrorism by profiling. Don't make the innocent suffer inconvienience and indignities. Contrary to the many bad experiences reported ( and isn't that what you always hear about) I went through 6 US airports in the last 2 weeks with my wife. She has had her knee's replaced and is subjected to the pat down every time. Always by a women. No privacy screen but hardly necessary. She is off to the side. Everyone else going through is so concerned about putting there stuff into bins and then collecting it, they aren't looking at anything else. I on the other hand wearing my belt (never thought to take that off ), en drab except for C forms with an underwire bra in a tight sweater ( no missing the boobs!) walk straight through every time!

Maxi
11-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Here is a MIT study of How Terahertz Waves used by these scanners Tear Apart DNA.

How Terahertz Waves Tear Apart DNA
A new model of the way the THz waves interact with DNA explains how the damage is done and why evidence has been so hard to gather

Great things are expected of terahertz waves, the radiation that fills the slot in the electromagnetic spectrum between microwaves and the infrared. Terahertz waves pass through non-conducting materials such as clothes , paper, wood and brick and so cameras sensitive to them can peer inside envelopes, into living rooms and "frisk" people at distance.

The way terahertz waves are absorbed and emitted can also be used to determine the chemical composition of a material. And even though they don't travel far inside the body, there is great hope that the waves can be used to spot tumours near the surface of the skin.

With all that potential, it's no wonder that research on terahertz waves has exploded in the last ten years or so.

But what of the health effects of terahertz waves? At first glance, it's easy to dismiss any notion that they can be damaging. Terahertz photons are not energetic enough to break chemical bonds or ionise atoms or molecules, the chief reasons why higher energy photons such as x-rays and UV rays are so bad for us. But could there be another mechanism at work?

The evidence that terahertz radiation damages biological systems is mixed. "Some studies reported significant genetic damage while others, although similar, showed none," say Boian Alexandrov at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico and a few buddies. Now these guys think they know why.

Alexandrov and co have created a model to investigate how THz fields interact with double-stranded DNA and what they've found is remarkable. They say that although the forces generated are tiny, resonant effects allow THz waves to unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication. That's a jaw dropping conclusion.

And it also explains why the evidence has been so hard to garner. Ordinary resonant effects are not powerful enough to do do this kind of damage but nonlinear resonances can. These nonlinear instabilities are much less likely to form which explains why the character of THz genotoxic
effects are probabilistic rather than deterministic, say the team.

This should set the cat among the pigeons. Of course, terahertz waves are a natural part of environment, just like visible and infrared light. But a new generation of cameras are set to appear that not only record terahertz waves but also bombard us with them. And if our exposure is set to increase, the question that urgently needs answering is what level of terahertz exposure is safe

Maxi
11-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Here is a way to avoid the TSA.

http://www.seaportair.com

marny
11-28-2010, 01:27 AM
No kidding. Don't trust them. it is a collective agreeing on something that some one said somewhere that I think I heard last week.

Marsha My Dear
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Just for mischief, has anyone been through a TSA checkpoint at the airport while all dolled up? Or just wearing your best frillies and satins? I've wanted to see if there's any reaction to seeing me in my red garter belt, stockings and matching bra & panties after being patted down. -Marsha

danielletorresani
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I always thought flying en femme as way too risky. Now with the scanning stuff going on, there's no way in hell I'd ever do it.

Marsha My Dear
12-03-2010, 09:46 PM
What I'm after in going underdressed or en femme is to make an obvious statement about First Amendment rights to freedom of speech (I can dress however I damn well please) and Fourth Amendment rights to be free from unreasonable searches. It's not to find if I can slip through (no pun intended) undetected, but to go through and dare to be detained. By pressing the issue, in memory of Rosa Parks, these dastardly intrusive regulations can be challenged. What say you all?
And thanks to all with the quotation from Franklin, I have it on my facebook wall.

TinaMc
12-04-2010, 02:56 AM

Someone did a striptease in the patdown area "to make it easier" lol http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/dec/01/tsa-striptease-us-airport-security

julie w
12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I am a frequent flyer and I can think of 100 things I would rather do dressed than fly , I just find it too stressful , my flight was delayed five hours last week, going through security no problems I am prepared and ready liquids correct size in bag lap top in bin . I have been going for the pat down as I have been through
the scanner and worry about any radiation it may give off I think you girls that fly femme should get a medal for bravery

RikkiHauser
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about underdressing when going through the scanner. The scanner sees everything but your clothing. The TSA person watching the monitor has no idea you have pink satin panties and thigh high stockings on (unless you have metal in your garter belt.) However, they are able to tell if you are a man or woman.

CharleneT
12-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Especially in major airports, they've seen people cross dressed, under dressed etc... so much that your passing thru is not going to even cause a flicker on their weird meter. Worry less and travel more.

I LOVE that blog mentioned about (Furry Girl). She is a HOOT !!

eluuzion
12-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Here is a way to avoid the TSA.

http://www.seaportair.com

Yikes! Driving to some small building on the outskirts of the primary airport, boarding a 9 passenger Pilatus PC-12 (a single-engine nine-seat turbo-prop), and puddle jumping around Oregon, Alaska or wherever...is not my idea of a good alternative.

That's the same aircraft the CEO of Papa John's ... Florida (I think that is right, or is it Papa Murphy?), crashed last year...when the instrument panel failed...killed him, his wife and few others...:eek:

I've flown on those small things to get to small towns (in my past life as a road warrior). It is like going camping with 8 people you never met, lol. I actually quit going to the cities that required me to fly in those things to get there...
In my world, nothing is worth the risk of enduring that rollercoaster ride.

But that's just me...you can gladly take my seat...hehehehe:heehee:

sherri
12-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I fully intend to fly femme at the first opportunity, but here's something that perplexes me: I don't wear any padding other than breastforms, but let's suppose I do, and I'm going through the checkpoint en femme wearing the works -- breastforms, hip pads, etc. -- and whether I opt for a scan or a grope, why wouldn't I set off the alarms? I mean, if I were smuggling explosives onboard, wouldn't these "augmentations" be ideal packaging? Just because they see that I'm a CDer does not mean I'm not also a bad guy. And wouldn't it require some pretty close examination of my padding, possibly to the point of damaging them, to determine that I'm not a threat?

Btw, I recently heard that part of the TSA's increased measures is to more carefully examine real gender as part of the ID check.

michelle_tx
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
That's what I'm most curious about as well - the screener's reaction to breastforms. Seeing my pretty undies I'm not worried about (I do mind it on principle no matter what gender I'm presenting but that's a different rant). But I don't want them trying to confiscate my $250 breastforms because they think they might be filled with explosives. I'd love to heard experiences from anyone who's gone through wearing them. I know in theory they are supposed to be allowed as a medical device, but who knows when a screener might decide that rule only applies to gg's.

Christinedreamer
12-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Well theTSA braintrust made a woman miss her flight and endure an hour of harassment and illegal imprisonment in a glass cubicle in the groping area because she would not let the TSA imbeciles x-ray her expressed breast milk. Foam titties should really get them all fired up.

texasm31
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't worry about underdressing when going through the scanner. The scanner sees everything but your clothing. The TSA person watching the monitor has no idea you have pink satin panties and thigh high stockings on (unless you have metal in your garter belt.) However, they are able to tell if you are a man or woman.

I was wondering what would be detected. I assume they would not be able to tell whether I am wearing men's or women's undies, but would be able to detect if I am wearing a bra. I was thinking an unlined, soft cup with no wires would be ok, but there is still a bit of metal in the hooks. Also, even just a light shadow they may see would not be standard menswear and could raise a flag.

VanessaVW
12-07-2010, 05:13 PM

I was under-dressed the other day, and got the scanner. I was nervous, but no big deal. The guy said to stand there for seven seconds and then step forward. Then a female TSA employee walked over and talked to me, it was pleasant. Then I was cleared and on my way.
I have to admit that I liked that a female came over. Maybe I'm further in my journey than I thought?