PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more girly

stefanie
10-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Okay, not sure if this is the right location but wanted to find out how many of you girls sensed you were a TS early in life vs. much later in life.

I have been CD'ing for many many years....and with each decade, getting more and more feminine....dress, sexuality, duration, etc. I do not have yet this strong urge that says i hate my male self but definitely find myself liking to wan to be more femme more and more in every way.

Was curious how many of you felt this especially if you were a late bloomer or crossed the line after thinking you were more of a part time tv/cd.....

Danni Bear
10-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Have known that I was female since age seven. Been presenting female since fourteen except four years in Navy. Transitioned in 2000 at age 52

Danni

Kelly Blaine
10-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Stefanie,

I am a really late bloomer. I have known this since I was in my early teens. I have supressed it all my life but, in the last couple of years I have given in. I am a girl within and can no longer fight it. I have had several more decades then you.

noeleena
10-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi,

I never saw my self as girle or as i would say im not a girle girl ,that feminine look or even trying to be feminine. that wont happen im just a woman, im way past that at 63,

look at it this way im a builder i like useing tools chainsaws & the like i like making things yet do my own sewing & makeing clothes so i can be dressed for our groups out in the field doing Archery. yet can & do fit in with our women & be dressed nicely & a little make up i get by .

Tho to be girle . no thats not me or even who i am im just another woman whos a little bit different thats all.

...noeleena...

Steph.TS
10-30-2010, 07:04 AM
I wasn't allowed to explore that side of myself when I was younger, I loved it when I crossdressed, and it felt right to me, until my parents found out and told me it was a sin, I thought it was totally natural, soI'm not sure how you'd read that. but lately, I've been dressing in private, and I sleep in a night shirt every night, wear women's jeans everywhere (including work now YAY!) and have started wearing make up, everytime I wear nail polish and look at my hands I feel great about my self and feel closer to be the girly girl I know I should be. today I want to buy more make up, just deciding what to get...

StaceyJane
10-30-2010, 08:07 AM
I always knew I wanted to be a girl. I remember thinking that back in Kindergarten.
It's taken a long time but I have begun to take some real steps in that direction.

Louise C
10-30-2010, 08:53 AM
I used to have dreams about dressing up and having girlfriends putting make-up on me when i was about 7 or 8, and knew when i was 13 that i wanted to be a woman when i saw Tula (Bond Girl) in the Daily Mirror. I thought, "hey, she's like me" but was too terrified to tell a soul. I crossdressed all these years thinking that would keep a lid on it, but finally gave in 2 years ago, when the crying became too much to handle, when having to revert to male role after dressing days. Here i am on the way but wish i could have done it a heck of a lot sooner.

I have great respect for those who transition later in life than me, or indeed when they are much, much younger. Sometimes i feel a bit guilty as i didn't actually make the brave conscious decision to transition like some, it sort of crept up on me and became an issue of self preservation.

Renee_E
10-30-2010, 09:09 AM
I had to really pay attention throughout my life to act more masculine. I constantly was accused of doing things as a girl would. I still have a problem being accepted and behaving as a proper male.

Inna
10-30-2010, 11:42 AM
At 7 I knew I wasn't like boy I should be but more of a girl I shouldn't. At 10 I was already dressing up on daily basis in secret which lasted a lifetime. At 14 I had a revelation, one day while walking back from school, without mirror reflections and any woman's clothing, most wonderful, warm, insightful, liberating feeling came over my entire body as though I received a shot of good venom, I felt at peace and entirely feminine. It was one time in my life I felt nirvana where my entire being felt one within and whole, I was a girl walking back from school feeling bliss and peace. I knew then this is who I am, dreadfully though this feeling subsided and was lost for ever, until 2 years ago I couldn't bear to live a lie anymore and decided transition. Since then I am getting better but this feeling I remember is still away from my grasp. Heavenly realization that you are who you are and beautiful and living and loving, I so wish upon a star I could once more experience this feeling.

Jennifer Marie P.
10-30-2010, 05:08 PM
I knew I wanted to be a girl at age 5 and started to act and dress like a girl and went full time until I fully transitioned.

RebeccaLynne
10-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I've known since age 5. The frequency of dressing femme has accelerated continuously, and I've grown accustomed to spending nearly every waking hour wearing women's clothing other than when reporting for work, running errands, and spending time with my GF. She knows, is tolerant, yet prefers the male me. So wish she'd be more accomodating...

Were I able to roll back the years, knowing what I know now, I would have transitioned in my twenties.

Now I'm just playing out the string.

Maybe in the next life if there is one.

I want a do-over. :daydreaming:

Karen 812
10-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I have dressed for several years now. My current SO was, ans is still my make-up person. I met her while she worked in a transformation/adult store. The more we talked, the more she wanted me to come to her shop dressed. Soon we were going out many places with me dressed. today we still go out.

Rianna Humble
10-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Okay, not sure if this is the right location but wanted to find out how many of you girls sensed you were a TS early in life vs. much later in life.

I've known since my childhood that I'm not a "proper bloke", but in those days it wasn't something you could discuss. During my teens I got mixed up with a religious group that taught that anything other than binary gender heterosexuality was the result of "sinful choices" and that messed up my thinking for ages.

In my twenties, I fell in love with a girl and she with me, but I couldn't allow it to go full course as I could never see myself in the role of a husband - so I pushed her away :sad:

I carried on fighting the knowledge of who I am until the age of 53 when it all got too much for me. Even then, I spent some time trying to be "a bloke in a dress" because I had persuaded myself (wrongly) that it was too late to transition.

I have been full-time since 1st july and people say it has taken years off of me. Why didn't I do it before?

Karinsamatha
10-31-2010, 06:34 AM
I had represed the female side until I was in my 30's when the flood gates opened. since I turned 40 I have been slowly getting rid of my male clothes and have been dressing to match my innerself except at work.

cara
10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Every Transsexual was once a Crossdresser.
Started crossdressing at 3 1/2 y.o. didn't begin transitioning until 56 y.o..
Cara

Kathi Lake
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Every Transsexual was once a Crossdresser.But every crossdresser does not necessarily "continue" in the path of a transsexual.

I had the same feelings and desires of many here. In my younger years, I prayed that I would wake up a girl, always managed (with great success, I might add) to suggest that the girls I grew up with (no sisters, unfortunately) dressed me up, experimented with how far I could go with makeup/androgyny (quite easy in the 80's) in my daily life, etc.

So, where does that leave me? Right here where I am, of course! :)

I seem to have found a "middle ground" in my male-female dichotomy. I have found a place where I feel comfortable with a foot in both streams. To me, gender is no longer a binary either/or, but more of an inclusive and. My odd forays into "full femme mode" during my shopping trips, etc. keep my girly pressure valve from blowing. Is it perfect? No. Would I like more? Yes. My love for my wife and family - essentially the status quo - keeps me from straying too far down the slip n' slide of transition. That's not to say that I don't do things to "bridge the gap." I have been doing laser on my face and neck - even my eyebrows. I will also remove the hair on my underarms, hands, fingers, and most of my arms as well. These things are often done by those who transition, rarely by those "recreational dressers" like myself.

So, as I said; Where am I? Right here. Where am I going? Don't know. I haven't arrived yet. I'll let you know when I do.

:)

Kathi

Stephanie Anne
12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
You know, it is funny but after going full time (that seems so silly saying it now), I really don't feel girly or presenting as a woman. I just finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Of course I am overweight and really need to get started taking off this weight I put on but that is neither here nor there.

I just finally woke up one morning and said "enough!" and started my transition. Now I can barely even feel what it is like to present as male like I did for so long. That past feels so labored and stressful now, like I was acting in a really bad soap opera.

I always felt stupid as a "crossdresser" like I was putting on a really bad clown show. Don't get me wrong, I agonize sometimes over shoes or tops that go with what but I never really felt comfortable labeling myself as a cross dresser.

Melody Moore
12-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Thats is not a true statement at all, I never considered myself a cross-dresser, I wanted a sex change at the age of 15.
You will find most transsexuals simply felt right dressing in clothing appropriate to their true gender and for me this was
the saviour of my sanity. When I dressed as a female, I felt happy and at peace. Whereas I felt inappropriately dressed
as a male and also hated the image of myself as a male which made me feel angry & caused me untold amounts of anxiety
that would get me really down & depressed until I started living 24/7 as a female and presenting myself for who I truly am.

Stephanie's comment endorses my point of view about this....

You know, it is funny but after going full time (that seems so silly saying it now), I really don't feel girly or presenting as a woman. I just finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Of course I am overweight and really need to get started taking off this weight I put on but that is neither here nor there.

I just finally woke up one morning and said "enough!" and started my transition. Now I can barely even feel what it is like to present as male like I did for so long. That past feels so labored and stressful now, like I was acting in a really bad soap opera.

I always felt stupid as a "crossdresser" like I was putting on a really bad clown show. Don't get me wrong, I agonize sometimes over shoes or tops that go with what but I never really felt comfortable labeling myself as a cross dresser.

For a cross-dresser, they don't seem to struggle or go through so much pain & seem to be able to live their lives in either
gender roles. for a transsexual it gets to a point where you cannot function in your birth gender role and that is why we
finally decide to transition to the gender that we feel most comfortable with. I hope some people also understand why
many transsexuals often don't identify with the mainstream cross-dressing community.

Karen564
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM

This is actually a very true statement !....because I crossdressed in MALE clothing every day before I transitioned.......:lol:

Sorry Hun, but when one is truly TS, the girly clothes are just the tip of the iceberg & doesn't matter that much...it's only clothes...it's all the other things that add up & matter way more..

Melody Moore
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
This is actually a very true statement !....because I crossdressed in MALE clothing every day before I transitioned.......:lol:
Well yes, when you look at it like that it's true :lol:

Rianna Humble
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM

:yt: I actually told the psychiatrist who was trying to see whether I was merely mad or really had GID that the cross-dressing was when I pretended to be a man - and she seemd to undertsnad what I meant.

:I agree: but for me it was no joke

Laura_Stephens
12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I knew at a very early age that I should have been a girl. Unfortunately, it took me decades to be able to admit it to myself.

ReineD
12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I found an article published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, entitled "Age of Onset and Sexual Orientation in Transsexual Males and Females (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.02142.x/full)". While the sexual orientation is irrelevent to this thread, there are some statistics available for onset age.

Apparently, among the MtF transsexuals in the study, about 38% knew at an early age vs. 48% coming to know in their later years.

Just the abstract is available to me, but here are their statistics. These are the abbreviations used: Onset Age (OA), Early Onset (EO), Late Onset (LO), Residual Group (RES).

Results:

The majority of FtMs appeared to have an early OA (EO = 60 [77.9%] compared to LO = 10 [13%] and to RES = 7 [9.1%]).

Within MtFs, percentages of EO and LO developments were more similar (EO = 36 [38.7%], LO = 45 [48.4%], RES = 12 [12.9%]).

FtMs presented to gender clinics at an earlier age than MtFs (28.04 to 36.75).