PDA

View Full Version : I am a crossdresser but dont like dressing up (fancy dress)

qaws123uk
10-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Is it odd that I am a crossdresser and like dressing up as a woman but I dont like dressing up "fancy dress" - although never actually really done it - but wouldnt want to dress up for fancy dress party??

My only dressing up "fancy dress" was when I was in primary school - so about 7 ish?? - dressed up as a spider. Remember the boys had to borrow a leotard from the girls in the school and had to wear tights - not sure if they were borrowed.

Maybe this is how my fetish for tights / crossdressing started!!

StaceyJane
10-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Being a crossdresser means you can wear whatever you like.

Jorja
10-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes, yes it is veeeerrrry odd indeed :D j/k

Who said you need to dress all fancy to be a girl? Wear what you like.

Karren H
10-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Ekkkk. Talk like that is more than enough to get you kicked out of the club!! Lol.

Samantha B L
10-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I like tights and all that stuff,long overshirts,etc.but actually I'm on a budget and if I could,circumstances permitting, I would dress fancy everyday. There's no feeling quite like it.

janet p
10-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't mind dressing fancy once in awhile but would much rather just wear a pair of jeans or skirt and blouse with heels.

Sarah Doepner
10-30-2010, 11:19 AM
My taste has changed over the years, and while I still have some fancy things in the closet, I tend to dress more casual in separates now. I was surprised to find I have more pairs of pants in my closet than dresses these days. Check back with us in a couple years and let us know if you are still not attracted to the fancy stuff.

Lucy_Bella
10-30-2010, 11:28 AM
My only dressing up "fancy dress" was when I was in primary school - so about 7 ish?? - dressed up as a spider. Remember the boys had to borrow a leotard from the girls in the school and had to wear tights - not sure if they were borrowed.

Maybe this is how my fetish for tights / crossdressing started!!

Its how most start IMHO. nothing wrong with what your preferance in dressing is. Some don't like make up others perfer no wigs ,we are all different in our own way.

juno
10-30-2010, 11:40 AM
People worry too much about classifications. That is why many people think crossdressing means you are gay. The reality is that there is a huge diversity even among MTF crossdressers. Some people here are really androgynous-dressers, and don't even like things as feminine as your profile picture. Like StaceyJane says, the biggest part of crossdressing is just being yourself and wearing what you want.

Also, everyone is odd in some way. The "normal" people just try to hide it and spend their life unhappy.

Loni
10-30-2010, 11:53 AM
fancy-- smacy, just be your self.

as for me i try to look good, but nothing all that fancy. just a bunch of skirts, long and shorter. (not mini). and countless tops. a handful of dresses. and yes jeans. mostly for when in drab of a sort.

Frédérique
10-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Is it odd that I am a crossdresser and like dressing up as a woman but I don’t like dressing up "fancy dress" - although never actually really done it - but wouldn’t want to dress up for fancy dress party??

I haven’t had the pleasure of “fancy dress,” but I would jump at the chance to do it. These are the things that dreams are made of, after all. Most likely, I would get a gorgeous dress of this sort, hang it up, and worship it as a fetish object. Alternately, I would wear the dress and twirl around my immediate surroundings – if I was younger I might go somewhere, with someone, but these days I keep my crossdressing magic close to home…

kay2
10-30-2010, 02:13 PM
"Fancy dress" is Brit speak for costume. So far all the replies have misunderstood the OP - must all be Yanks. The give-away should have been the spider costume, which would be rather original attire for an American fancy dress party.:D

I have the exact same feelings as the OP. I'm very uncomfortable in a costume - hate it actually. I just won't do it. For a Halloween event I will go as myself - some pretty clothes that are semi-formal, light make-up, pretty jewelry, no forms, no wig. All my friends know me well enough to know it won't be a costume.

Cassandra Lynn
10-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Yep, have to watch out for that brit speak, could cause some major dressing issues if one were to cross the pond and get invited to a dress-up event. Imagine walking into a
party wearing a fairy tale/tinker belle outfit and everyone else is in cocktail party type dress. Oops!
mj (Cassie)

Heather_Marie
10-31-2010, 10:35 AM
That is the best thing about being a CD'er you can do as much or as little as you like, just remember to do what you like.