PDA

View Full Version : my first bad experience

Steph.TS
10-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Today I went into The Body Shop, and asked the SA if there was a shade of lipstick that would match my lips, and she laughed then asked if it was for Halloween, I played it off as if it were but I wasn't interested in buying from her after that.

Lately I've been buying my make up from a great sales women at London Drugs and not once has she acted as if what I'm doing is funny or wierd, she keeps it professional, she even gave me some free samples today...

dilane
10-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Halloween is a dicey time to be a "straight" (non-costumed) CD.

I usually *don't* go out during the day en-femme on Halloween, simply because everyone's Tran-dar is primed. But I do go in costume to parties :) (such as one tonight in my flapper costume)

Nicole Erin
10-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Since tomorrow is Halloween and I am off, it will be one of the days I frump in a tee and shorts.

kayegirl
10-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I had a similar experience with the Bodyshop, several years ago when I asked about waxing/sugaring products. Not been in any ofd their shops since. For most of my makeup needs now I use Superdrug, finding most of the SA's very helpful.

Kayla Shadows
10-30-2010, 05:46 PM
She didnt scream freak and go running so it could have been worse.I just go in knowing that people arent going to act the exact way I'd wish.At work or not,people are just people and think what they do. I was at Sephora today holding a lipstick and I heard male voice say,"ooo,I love that brand too"..It was the SA..At another place the woman looked disgusted.Just go where you feel is right or talk to somebody else there.

Amy Hepker
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I always went to Sophia, they always treated me with respect and I was always greeted by my Amy name.

tifftg
10-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Kayla has it right, most places are very comfortable, focus on those, and just let the bad ones go. Their customer service most likely is bad in many ways.