PDA

View Full Version : Big step for Michelle

Michelle 51
11-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Only my wife knows about my cding and although she allows me to dress she don't want to talk about it so my only outlet is on here and i love this forum and all you sisters it can be lonely.last week i had a chance to meet and have lunch with a girl on this site and her SO who i won't name out of respect to their privacy.We met in drab and to a passerby were just 2 men and a lady dining but but i knew i was dining with 2 ladies.For the first time in my life i could carry on a normal conversation with real people about mostly cding and other everyday things.I needed that.I know for a lot of you out and about ladies this is trivial but when you been in a closet 59 years it was uplifting.I feel that out in femme is not far away.Thanks to both of you if you read this :hugs
Michelle

AndreaS
11-02-2010, 08:15 AM
That's great Michelle! Everyone has got to take some kind of first step. Now just make sure that you take that second step.....and third step.....

Tasha McIntyre
11-02-2010, 08:20 AM
That's great Michelle, and certainly not trivial. Apart from the wonderful people here, my wife is the only one who knows about Tasha, and like you - the subject of CDing is strictly taboo at home, so this is my only outlet as well.

Good on you for meeting another one of us, and good on the other member and her SO for taking the time to meet you. It certainly makes a huge difference to chat face to face doesn't it?

AKAMichelle
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
it is very important to have that connection with someone else. I am so glad that you found someone you can talk to

Sarah Doepner
11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Men don't have many opportunities to express their emotions. In fact, we are often discouraged from exploring that side of our personality. However, crossdressing is a very highly emotionally charged situation and the best way to deal with those emotions seems to be through discussion. Without that chance to explore or compare notes we end up finding the closet closing in. While I was still hiding it from everyone I began to doubt the reality of what I was doing and when I accepted the reality, I began to doubt my sanity. Finding someone, either on the Internet or in person is necessary to bring balance and understanding back into your life. Like Michelle says, I'm very happy for you that you found someone you can talk to. It's a survival tool, nothing less.

Michelle_NY
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Good for you dear. the first step is the hardest.

linnea
11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Good for you! I spent about 50 years in hiding too. Now I'm much more free to go out en femme; in another year, I'll be out almost all the time. It feels so good, and I'm happy for you!

Heather Daniels
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Michelle, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I had the greatest experience this past weekend meeting another member of this forum. It felt so exciting and liberating to finally talk about these feelings face to face with a sister. The best part of it though, is the fact that her and I have formed a solid, lasting friendship.

Ms_Veronica
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I totally understand how you feel as well Michelle.. I came out to my fiance as well about a month and a half ago and recently came out to one of my close GG friends.. While it definitely felt good coming out to my fiance about things, it felt equally as good coming out to my friend as well (who absolutely loves it too).. I definitely felt it as a big step with things.. So congrats on finding someone to share you feelings with.. Its definitely an important thing for us all to have

Kathryn Martin
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
It is a wonderful step to take Michelle. And hopefully it will happen again and again