PDA

View Full Version : Everone Wish Me luck...It's That Time Again!

Traci Elizabeth
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
This coming Monday (Nov 8th), I have another 6-month COMPLETE physical exam including the "bend-over" exam and a battery of blood test from my Doctor. This is one part of transitioning that I hate.

As some of you know, I have zero tolerance to pain OR needles. That's why I still have not gotten my ears pierced yet dispute all your encouragement to do so. Even my wife and adult daughter keep telling me to just go and get it done.

So if any of you wonder why I am not online next Monday, you can imagine the fun I am having instead! :angry:

Nicki S
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Good luck Girl! You can do it, it is worth it in the long run.

So Monday after your Dr. appt, go to the mall and get your ears pierced. Get all of your issues taken care of in one day. The pain from ear piercing is so minimal.

CharleneT
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Physical exam .... much easier than electrolysis !!!

Good luck to you, being uncomfortable/fearful of med exams is a particularly hard thing... I hope your doc is gentle and understanding of this.

Good luck on those blood values too ;)

Traci Elizabeth
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Physical exam .... much easier than electrolysis !!!

OH GREAT Charlene! You are full of good news! :angry:

Now I know who to call when I need a sympathetic shoulder to cry on or a tender hand to hold and squeeze when I am about to receive a dose of "pain."

I guess now I am going to just have to nix electrolysis and opt for a good razor. Thank goodness I have a "baby face" with very little facial and body hair!

No thanks to my corn chucking girlfriend!

Hugs,
Traci

StaceyJane
11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Just remember, it's all part of the process.
One more step on your path.

Traci Elizabeth
11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Just remember, it's all part of the process.
One more step on your path.

Path? Hell, I thought I had progressed from the trail, to the path, to the country road, to the paved road and was now on the interstate...you mean I have to go back to the beginning again! Is Harker Heights close to Iowa? :lol2:

StaceyJane
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Path? Hell, I thought I had progressed from the trail, to the path, to the country road, to the paved road and was now on the interstate...you mean I have to go back to the beginning again! Is Harker Heights close to Iowa? :lol2:

No, Harker Heights is kind of far from Iowa.
Right now my path is more like a trail of bread crumbs but I'm working on it.

If it makes you feel better I had the "bend over" exam last month.

7sisters
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
:hugs:

Chickhe
11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Ask your doctor to pierce your ears...

MarieTS
11-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Traci Elizabeth--Clip earings are just fine. I wear them too. Oh, and all of you can totally forget about navel piercing. Yikes!

Freddy12
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
As far as electrolysis, there are folks who are given a powerful pain killer, like one used for filling cavities at the Dentist's. I understand there is no pain. Shaving and covering the 5 O'Clock shadow is no fun. I hate it.

Traci Elizabeth
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
As far as electrolysis, there are folks who are given a powerful pain killer, like one used for filling cavities at the Dentist's. I understand there is no pain. Shaving and covering the 5 O'Clock shadow is no fun. I hate it.

I hate just the thought that as a woman, I have to shave my face...what's up with that!

Thank goodness, I don't get 5pm shadow. I can go 2 or 3 days before any individual whiskers begin to check for daylight!

Karen564
11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
As some of you know, I have zero tolerance to pain OR needles. That's why I still have not gotten my ears pierced yet dispute all your encouragement to do so. Even my wife and adult daughter keep telling me to just go and get it done.

They are right, you really should get your ears peirced....There is no pain when they use that piercing gaget.....they mark the spot, put that thing on your lobe & pull the trigger & your all done...it really doesn't hurt...so just put on your big girl pants & get it done, you'll be glad you did !
Clip earing's hurt far more after they've been on for a while than wearing any pierced earing ever will, unless they get pulled..

Traci Elizabeth
11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Clip earing's hurt far more after they've been on for a while..

Karen... you must have worn some of my pairs because you are absolutely right, the longer they are on the more they hurt. Then when you try and take them off at the end of the day, it's like holy mackerel that hurts! :censor:

Kathryn Martin
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Traci

I think you will do fine. Tell the doctor that you don't want to bend over but lie on your side in a fetal position:D. It removes some of the implications:eek:

And gauge the color of your blood for me and tell me if it is as beautiful as you are :)

all the best

Kathryn

Traci Elizabeth
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Traci

Tell the doctor that you don't want to bend over but lie on your side in a fetal position:D. It removes some of the implications:eek:

And gauge the color of your blood for me...

Kathryn

Two things: 1) there is NOWAY I am going to be looking at my blood coming out of my arm...NO WAY... they don't have enough smelling salts on hand!
2) humm, laying on my side...interesting.

PrettyGirl
11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Best wishes to ya Traci. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to go through any of that so you have got my respect and many blessings in your journey.

Cat

Melody Moore
11-03-2010, 06:41 PM
humm, laying on my side...interesting.
I too would think it was very undignified if a doctor ever expected me to 'bend over'
with a very good reason then I would most certainly let the doctor know how I felt.

I like the suggestion made by Kathryn here :)

Karen564
11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Karen... you must have worn some of my pairs because you are absolutely right, the longer they are on the more they hurt. Then when you try and take them off at the end of the day, it's like holy mackerel that hurts! :censor:

No Traci, I wasn't wearing your earing's, it's just from my past experience...I haven't forgotten what those feel like after a day having them on....So to use the pain you felt before as an example/comparison to what it feels like to have your ears pierced, the piercing hurts FAR FAR LESS than what you felt after taking those clips off at the end of the day..

If you were to have your ears pierced in the upper part of your ear (the cartilage part) then that would hurt more & take longer to heal than doing just the lobes..

So go do yourself a favor & make me proud...
I had mine done at the Pagoda, it's a chain jewelery store at many malls & it's not expensive....if you lived closer I would drag you there & hold your hand if need be....lol