PDA

View Full Version : Where to dress in secret?

Genivieve
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone! I recently moved back home from grad school and I never get a chance to be alone. I have on occasion dressed in the bathroom but that rarely gives me enough time to put on makeup and try different outfits. It is also too risky to be enjoyable anymore. Do you have any suggestions about what I can do!

suzy1
11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
If you can, stay at a hotel overnight. A cheep one will do. You then have all evening and night. You can even wake up in the morning and lay there for a bit in your bra and panties.
I have done it and its fun.

Hope this helps, SUZY

linnea
11-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Without knowing more about your situation, I can't really suggest much without being totally speculative. How about going to a motel for a weekend? How about getting a place of your own? How about a friend's place that you could house-sit? Apartment sit?
Good luck.

StaceyJane
11-02-2010, 03:37 PM
If you live in an area with a support group, they nornmally would let you get dressed at the meeting place before a meeting.

Stephenie S
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM
A motel sounds good. You should be able to find one for around $40. Then you could be there from whenever check-in is (3P?) until check-out (11A?) the next day. Take some food, or get to go out "dressed". Fun!

JohnH
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM
I guess I don't have the same mindset as most of the participants. I simply wear women's clothes for the most part the same as a woman might wear a plaid shirt, jeans, and hiking boots.

I would simply start small at home - e.g., wear panties and nightgowns, let the people around you get used to what you are wearing, and then work your way up. You could also grow your hair long.

The advantage to this approach is that everything would be in the open, and you would not have to worry about keeping things a secret.

The disadvantage is this approach would take time. So in the short time you might want to take the advice of the previous postings.

ReillyF
11-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Plan a weekend away. Find an inexpensive motel and have a great time. It is inexpensive entertainment.

Stephenie S
11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Well, I'm impressed. John has a most intelligent and mature solution to your problem. And perhaps the only suitable long term resolution. Many, many, crossdressers suffer years of unneeded psychological pain because they become enmeshed in social constraints (family, wife and children) before they establish their feminine identity.

If you start NOW and introduce your crossdressing gradually, those around you will be surprisingly accepting. Wait until you have a firmly established masculine identity and you will have unimaginable mental and social problems in your future

S.

Chickhe
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, you can second guess your choice, but to answer your question. How about just getting out of the house. Many CDers dress and undress on the road and go shopping, jogging, biking etc. Its free if you only buy what you need.

JohnH
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Many, many, crossdressers suffer years of unneeded psychological pain because they become enmeshed in social constraints (family, wife and children) before they establish their feminine identity.

I'm a bit different because I have not attempted to establish an exclusively feminine identity. I simply want to be identified as a freestyler who wears masculine military looking olive drab clothes one day and a dress the next day, all with the same fingernails. toenails, and hair, and going by the same name. When I wear feminine clothes I do nothing outside of what a GG would do - I don't mess around with wigs, breast forms, or hip pads. I also don't alter the way I speak or act.

But if you want to establish a feminine identity, I second the notion to do it before you have the social constraints placed on you.

Wait until you have a firmly established masculine identity and you will have unimaginable mental and social problems in your future

I think a better description would be to say - "Wait until you have established an exclusively masculine identity ...

One can have both masculine and feminine attributes to one's identity.

I strive for a balance of the masculine and the feminine - I happen to have a very deep bass singing voice. I can get by with being a bit more girly than most men. Some men of the community chorus shave their heads and not their arms and legs. I have fairly long hair and shaved arms and legs so that I look more like the women in the chorus than the men - but who is going to razz the basso profundo member of the chorus just because he sort of looks like a girl?

So you might want to do the same thing. Identify a masculine aspect of yourself and play it up. Then you can get by being more girly than the average man.

John

Emily Ann Brown
11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Make friends with a sister in your town. A friend with a safe place to dress would let you use her place to change before going out.

Em

Karren H
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
A motel sounds good. You should be able to find one for around $40. Then you could be there from whenever check-in is (3P?) until check-out (11A?) the next day. Take some food, or get to go out "dressed". Fun!

Or a self storage unit... $40 a month! lol