PDA

View Full Version : living in a parallel world

suzy1
11-03-2010, 04:07 AM
I read a lot here about people not noticing things about us when dressed. Or just not caring, or not commenting when they do.
I believe every word of it. I really do.
My only problem with it is, I think I must be living in a parallel world or something.
If walked down my high street in just a pair of heels I would have crowds of people staring. If I walked down the high street on a Friday night I would be lucky to get to the end of street alive!

Just how I see things, SUZY

Joanne f
11-03-2010, 05:17 AM
" Just a pair of heels " no wonder they would be staring :censor::roflmao:.

I do know what you mean though , most people most of the time just do not care or do not notice , you can have thousands of people pass you by who do not care but you only need that one who is a complete A** that can ruin your day and effect you more than the thousands put together and when they know where you live , well i wont go into that .:sad:
But high streets on a Friday night is somewhere best avoided by most whether your TG or not and it is about time they done something about it .

Kathryn Martin
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Have you tried? I mean actually tried, not at night in the club district of your town but in a mall? Women in general tend to be circumspect about where they go at night. Maybe that is the issue. I read somewhere this week, that a TGwoman was walking through a parking lot of a Chinese restaurant, waved at a group of six guys standing a round a beat up car and got clocked when she passed them. Last time I saw a woman do that was NEVER.

Even as a male I would make the widest birth around that scenario. I have not once been harassed, received any commentary, or felt unsafe, I am circumspect:straightface: have to be I am a 6'4" woman. I already attract enough attention.

Stephenie S
11-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Kathryn has a good point. If you try to go "dressed" where you might go as a male, you often invite attention. Remember, women just DON'T go out at night alone unless they are "working". And that's NOT the kind of attention you want. If you can't find a friend to go out with, stay home. Or go out during the day. Women DO go out alone during the day. Say to a mall or to the supermarket.

And be careful where you do go at night. Men often don't understand the social constraints placed on women today. If you grow up with "male privilege", you may have NO idea what women have to undergo. Staring (men LOOK at women), rude remarks, unwanted touching, cat calls, whistles, all are a daily occurrence for many women. If you receive this attention, it may not mean you are being "read". It may mean you are just experiencing what we women can expect on a regular basis.

If you ACT like a guy, if you try to go out at night alone, if you do walk through that parking lot at night by yourself, if you do sit at the bar alone, you ARE gonna attract attention. If you want that attention, OK. But many of you don't want that attention. And often, that attention may result in your being "read".

A mall or supermarket during the day is almost always a safer, and MUCH more relaxing, place to be.

S

Chickhe
11-03-2010, 11:06 AM
It is the blending thing.... people like people who look like themselves. So wear heels and you are different from the normal and people notice. If you dress to blend in, it is litterally like the cartoons when the wolf throws a sheepshin on to look like a sheep...the sheep may know he is the wolf, but because he looks more familiar they don't all run away... If you look unusual, by wearing heels and nothing else, people think you are intending to make a statement which they may be uncomfortable with.