PDA

View Full Version : I NEED YOUR HELP! I Am a Little Scarred About My Boob - Anyone ever have this?

Traci Elizabeth
11-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Revsised & updated at bottom of thread!

Last weekend (Sat after coming in the house from working outside in the yard all day) I noticed a light red or pinkish spot just under my right Areolae that was (still is) about 25mm wide & 15 mm high as I was about to take a shower. I first thought maybe I bruised my boob while working in the yard. I do remember hitting it hard out there.

Well here it is Wednesday and it is still there and color has remained unchanged not what one would expect from a "bruising" and typically with bruising you get variation in colors from yellows, reds, to blues. But this is not the case.

It almost looks like what a sunburn would be.

Well today midday I checked it again and I have another one touching the left edge of my right Areolae at the 3:00 position. This one is about 15mm diameter and almost a perfect circle.

Well that second one has me scarred now. Both of them are very smooth and appears no different than any of my breast tissue other than the fact it has the light reddish or pinkish color to it. They both touch the edge of my Areolae and spread out onto my breast tissue.

I have never seen this before and it is not on my left breast. But the last week or so both breasts have really been hurting much more so than in the past so I don't know whether something is happening that is serious or I am having some inflammation on the mammary sack or what.

My doctor's appointment is Monday but I would hate to be worrying for the next three days.

Any one experience anything like this especially you gals who have been on HRT for awhile?

Karen564
11-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I see no reason to panic over it, email me a clear closeup picture for me to confirm, but again, I see no reason to give it much thought now unless your in pain or if the area feels very hot (which would be an indicator of an infection) but I see no reason why or how that would happen without an open wound....if it does become great concern or pain for you, there's nothing stopping you from calling your doctors office tomorrow, many times a nurse can tell you over the phone if it's something that can wait or to get you in earlier to check it out asap.

To answer you as to whether I ever had that kind of issue, no, never..

jerca
11-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Is there a chance that you were bitten by a tick? Check this Wikipwdia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease) about lyme disease.

Kathryn Martin
11-04-2010, 05:59 AM
It seems a clearly demarcated area, and if it doesn't hurt then you should show it to your Doctor on Monday. If it is of srious concern it would not show overnight. I do wonder too if you were bitten by a tick?

Melody Moore
11-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Im also thinking it might be insect bites or some other type of allergic reaction to something you came in contact with when you were outside

Traci Elizabeth
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I would be extremely surprised if it were caused by a tick or resulting Lyme disease. And it does not look like a bulls eye whatsoever. This year the weather was such that there were very few ticks that survived and actually none were on my wife or me this year. On prior years, yes we would always get a least a couple on us during the spring & summer months. That is one thing I do check for when working outside as I hate those damn blood suckers. We do have a dog but he is an indoor dog and we keep his flea, tick & heart-worm medicines on him year-round. We have never found a tick on him in 12 years nor a flea for that matter.

Perhaps it is some type of mild allergic reaction (I hope) to something I came in contact with as Melody has suggested. I did start a new Allergy pill that I have been taking daily for the last two weeks. But I have taken this one several years ago & had no reaction to it. Plus most of those have antihistamines in them.

I have checked a couple of times already today and it has not spread beyond yesterday's areas.

It has just scarred me as after waiting all my adult life for breast and now that they are getting large, to find something that's not suppose to be there all of a sudden was/is shocking (and of course having emotional spikes on HRT can play havoc on one's rational mind set).

What I really wanted was to wake up and find those two spots gone. And then just laugh off my over-reaction!

Maybe tomorrow!

Thanks for your suggestions and trying to put me at ease. You gals are great!

Hugs,
Traci

CharleneT
11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Probably contact dermatitis. Something irritated your skin from the outside. Could be an allergic reaction or just chemical irritation. Have you switched to a new laundry soap recently ? Spider bites sometime look like that, although there would usually be a little swelling.

Stephanie Anne
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
So any new bras or detergent used to clean them? It could be contact dermatitis caused by an acute allergic reaction brought on by chaffing.

It could be a hormonal reaction, fungal infection, or bacterial infection.

The itching is a sign of skin irritation. If you do not have hardness, heat, or bad tenderness, I would believe it is something that has caused a histamine or immune response on your skin.

Either way, seeing the doctor is good. the fact you are not dead yet means it is not radiation poisoning.

Edit: story time!

The other day I wore a new pair of black skinny jeans form old navy. I forgot I had not washed them yet the first time. That night my skin on the top of my thunder thighs itched like crazy. I ended up with two very ugly rashes for a few days. after about 3 days they went away but I was scared I had contracted the plague or something.

Traci Elizabeth
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Thank you all. There is no swelling and no itching. I am going to watch it each day until Monday then if it's still there I will show it to my doctor for sure.

Have not worn "new" bras and we have not changed detergent or shower soap. My wife bought me a bottle of Miss Dior Cherie Eau De Parfum two weeks ago "just because" but I don't spray it on my breasts (smiling).

I was killing off some poison ivy last Saturday but did not knowingly touch any of it. And I get that very easily but that is blistering sores from poison ivy.

In one of the threads I responded to - now the infamous "Progesterone with estrogen" thread, I joked that I had fallen on my boob. Well, I did and at first I thought this might be bruising from that but those are not bruises.

But the one thing you have all done for me is to reassure me that it is probably something very simple and I have gotten over the "panic" anxiety.

Karen564
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I was killing off some poison ivy last Saturday but did not knowingly touch any of it. And I get that very easily but that is blistering sores from poison ivy.

There ya go right there, That's what it is...Poisin Ivy....!
All it takes is a microscopic amount...you would be very surprised what you touch & not aware or knowingly ...

Traci Elizabeth
11-04-2010, 01:18 PM
There ya go right there, That's what it is...Poisin Ivy....!
All it takes is a microscopic amount...you would be very surprised what you touch & not aware or knowingly ...

Well Karen, again you must have hidden cameras watching me :mooning: because I do feel my boobs at least 1,000 times per day.

But I can't buy the poison ivy theory as I "always" react within an hour or less with a blistering reaction and have to immediately put that "yucky" pink stuff on it for several days!

Karen564
11-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Well Karen, again you must have hidden cameras watching me :mooning: because I do feel my boobs at least 1,000 times per day.

But I can't buy the poison ivy theory as I "always" react within an hour or less with a blistering reaction and have to immediately put that "yucky" pink stuff on it for several days!

Well, That's my little secret...cause I have eyes & ears that span the globe....nobody is safe....Hahahahahaha....that's my mad scientist laugh....lol

I really do suspect it was from poison ivy because the same thing happened to me before , just didn't get on my boob that's all.....I figured out I had gotten it from a delayed transfer effect from a lace on my sneaker that I touched later but was contaminated...and I didn't get it bad because it was such a minuscule amount....so I think the same thing happened to you in this case...doesn't have to be from a lace, it could be from any piece of clothing you wore that day that you could of touched later ....it can be as simple as picking up your shoes to put them away or back on again..

Anyways, seems like a logical explanation in your case too ..but who knows..

PS, I just noticed your KD Lang signature song the other day....Great choice! I love that song & her voice..

Melody Moore
11-04-2010, 08:06 PM

I think we are now getting somewhere, and just because they are not blistering sores it still doesn't mean that it wasn't the poison ivy. But then again it might not be the poison ivy at all - it could be something else that you touched that has been transfered onto the more sensitive breast tissue. I'm still leaning toward this belief that this is some type of allergic reaction to something you came in contact with while you were working outside the other day. If its not painful or getting any worse I wouldn't worry too much but still show it to your doctor on Monday and maybe they can shed some more light about what is actually causing this.

Melissa A.
11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, it's most likely a skin thing. Do you have pets? Ringworm(just a fungus, not really worms!) results in a spreading of little red, itchy breakouts.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

CharleneT
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm reconsidering this issue, and I believe - given new evidence - that you have an alien infestation !! Have you been near any flying saucers of late ? Feeling like you've been visited at night ? Maybe even a short journey up to a ship ??? Inquiring minds want to know !

:)

Traci Elizabeth
11-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm reconsidering this issue, and I believe - given new evidence - that you have an alien infestation !! Have you been near any flying saucers of late ? Feeling like you've been visited at night ? Maybe even a short journey up to a ship ??? Inquiring minds want to know !

:)

Well between you and Karen, I have no privacy whatsoever. OK, OK, OK! I confess...there is this really cute Purple People Eater and the events went down like this:

Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)

Well he came down to earth and he lit in a tree
I said Mr. Purple People Eater, don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
I wouldn't eat you cuz you're so tough

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
One-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater
One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One horn?)

I said Mr. Purple People Eater, what's your line
He said it's eatin' purple people and it sure is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to land
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band

Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flyin' purple people eater
Pigeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin' purple people eater
(We wear short shorts)
Flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me

And then he swung from the tree and he lit on the ground
He started to rock, really rockin' around
It was a crazy ditty with a swingin' tune
Sing a boop boop aboopa lopa lum bam boom

Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flyin' purple people eater
Pigeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin' purple people eater
I like short shorts
Flyin' little people eater
Sure looks strange to me (Purple People?)

And then he went on his way, and then what do ya know
I saw him last night on a TV show
He was blowing it out, a'really knockin' em dead
Playin' rock and roll music through the horn in his head

After that, I got this "thing-a-ma-jigger!"

Sharon
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh, jeez, I'm going to have the most awful song on my mind for the remainder of the night....:sad:

And I haven't a clue about the source of your rashes, though poison ivy is number one on my likely culprits list.

Danni Bear
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh, jeez, I'm going to have the most awful song on my mind for the remainder of the night....:sad:

And I haven't a clue about the source of your rashes, though poison ivy is number one on my likely culprits list.

Sharon,

It could have been worse. She could have used Witch Doctor. :tongueout

I told the witch doctor I was in love with you
I told the witch doctor I was in love with you
And then the witch doctor, he told me what to do
He said that ....

(Chorus:)
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Walla walla, bing bang...
Walla walla, bing bang
Walla walla, bing bang

I told the witch doctor you didn't love me true
I told the witch doctor you didn't love me nice
And then the witch doctor, he gave me this advice
He said to ...

(Repeat Chorus)

Now, you've been keeping love from me
Just like you were a miser
And I'll admit I wasn't very smart
So I went out and found myself
A guy that's so much wiser
And he taught me the way to win your heart

My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to say
My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to do
I know that you'll be mine when I say this to you
Oh, Baby ....

(Repeat Chorus)

Danni

Traci Elizabeth
11-06-2010, 02:29 PM
My breast is doing much better. The one smaller spot is completely gone and the other (the larger one) is very close to being gone. It maybe totally gone by Monday when I go to my Transition Doctor.

My wife had told me that it looked like inflammation to her and she thought it might be an inflamed gland since I have grown so much this past month.

She instructed me to put ice on it about 4 times a day (yes, nurse wife..lol).

That has seemed to have been the trick. What's left of the larger one is faint and I am hoping that after a couple more of ice packs (20 minutes at a time) today, it will be gone!

Amazing how quick I got alarmed about my boobs! Just call me "Spooked" Traci.

Karen564
11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Yikes!...No Way.....I cant even imagine putting ice on my boobs.....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Traci Elizabeth
11-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Yikes!...No Way.....I cant even imagine putting ice on my boobs.....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I know! I hate being cold and putting ice anywhere on my body not alone on my boob!

Traci Elizabeth
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
GREAT NEWS!

My boob issue is a non-issue. In fact, there was nothing left for the doctor to see.

The rest of my ONE HOUR 15 MINUTE appointment was uneventful and just the normal Transgendered exam stuff and a lot of questions about noticing any physical changes, and emotional changes (well yea, I have been just a little more emotional than in the past) but he just looked at me as he always does and took more notes.

I had to open my mouth and ask the doctor to increase my Spiro another xxx (I don't think I can say here in this section how much that was but it is pushing the extreme end). Well, he solved that problem really quick. He scheduled me for more blood work and I have to return in 30 days. THEN he will decide! PLUS he only gave me a 1 month prescription instead of the normal 6. Me and my big mouth! What ever happened to "Now, we only need to meet every 6 months?" I guess if you ask, you pay the price LOL!

Bottom line, it went well and I enjoyed seeing him again (yea right - I hate doctors but please don't tell him that).

p.s. For all you sadistic gals out there, I lucked out and did not have to bend over to pick up the doctors pen he dropped in front of me.

CharleneT
11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
p.s. For all you sadistic gals out there, I lucked out and did not have to bend over to pick up the doctors pen he dropped in front of me.

NO ??? Is he any good at being a doctor then ???

So, we can lower the alert status from pink to mauve ????? :lol:

Really, I'm glad to hear there was nothing to worry about !

7sisters
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh thank God ! I'm so happy you are okay. God bless!