PDA

View Full Version : GG Role Models

Shaylynn
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I was just wondering how many of you girls have GGrole models? Mine is Nicole Kidman, she is such a pretty and classly lady. I know that I'll never come close being as pretty but I try for my femme personality to match hers.
hugs
Shaylynn

Sigrid
09-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Gifted actress, loving mother and human rights advocate... charming, stylish, beautiful, elegant, graceful ~ Audrey Hepburn.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1267/ah050ct.jpg

Khriss
09-10-2005, 03:54 AM
omg, but who could ever hope to compare with Her?!
I agree by the way-
but selfishly --- people tell me I look like this -amazing Lady-

Wendy me
09-10-2005, 05:51 AM
for me i would say i could not just pick one ....more like a sampleing of a lot of gg's....

Carlacd
09-10-2005, 05:54 AM
My wife is my GG role model. Class and elegeance, plus being down right sexy too. What better role model could i ever have.

Toyah
09-10-2005, 08:20 AM
omg, but who could ever hope to compare with Her?!
I agree by the way-
but selfishly --- people tell me I look like this -amazing Lady-

Dianna rigg does it for me and Shania twain shame I have no chance!

Stormgirl
09-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Off the top of my head,Claire Danes and Jodie Foster.Both intelligent women that aren't mindless dits like Britney SPears.

Rachael Warren
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Off the top of my head,Claire Danes and Jodie Foster.Both intelligent women that aren't mindless dits like Britney SPears.

I wouldn't mind looking like Britney, or having her money.

Come to think of it I wouldn't mind being her.:)

Role model, Nooooo, I'll stick with my wife!

Rachael. :)

JocelynG
09-10-2005, 12:32 PM
There are a few GG women I use as role models as a woman. The kindness and charity of Florence Nightengale is one of those.

Rachel Morley
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Role models?....well, I know it's a cliche but my wife Marla really is a the woman I want to be like. Pretty, intelligent, compassionate, loving, great dress sense, and very sexy!

Maddie Knight
09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
When I was youger it was Cyble Shepard in moonlighting (thats why my name is Maddie), but now I have found my own style.

Natasha Anne
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Nicole Kidman is wonderful.

Kylie Minogue would be fun.

I'm more of a quiet home girl, I have a close GG friend that I really admire. I guess if I had to choose a role model it would be her. Pretty, quiet, very strong willed, hard working, great mother and very feminine.

Marla GG
09-10-2005, 06:17 PM

Jodie Foster has been a role model of mine for many years. I also idolize Sigourney Weaver, especially in her Lt. Ripley role in the Alien movies. Now there's a lady who can kick some butt....

Tamara Croft
09-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Jodie Foster has been a role model of mine for many years. I also idolize Sigourney Weaver, especially in her Lt. Ripley role in the Alien movies. Now there's a lady who can kick some butt....Ditto to that. Jodie Foster has a new film coming out called Flight Plan... looking forward to seeing that, the trailer looks pretty good :D

Kylie Minogue.... :thumbsdn:

fionablack
09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I've always admired Julia Roberts. I thought she looked particularly amazing in Notting Hill and Ocean's 11. She seems to look more beautiful the older she gets.

The same can be said about Madonna. She looks better than ever now and i can't believe she is nearly 50. Some of her clothes lately have been really girly and feminine.

I also love Kate Winslet and Jennifer Anniston.

I guess though when it comes down to it, if i woke up tomorrow morning and discovered I was Charlotte from Sex & the City i would be extremely happy to say the least. I think the actress is Kristin someone. Anyway, she wears the prettiest clothes in that show. I would kill for that wardrobe!!

racquel
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Raquel Welch
Date of birth 5 September 1940
Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Hard to find a classier lady in my opinion. :love:

Phoebe Reece
09-10-2005, 07:25 PM
There are many women I admire and would like to emulate. If I had to pick just one, it would have to be Merideth Viera of "The View". She dresses very classy, is intelligent, has a sharp sense of humor, and is even close to my own age.

cd_isabelle
09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
hello,

for me there are many ggs i look up too, however my one love is mandy moore.

as someone who started out in the same light as britney and christina, she has managed to maintain a style, an elegance and sweetness without resorting to sex and nudity. she is the epitome of what i wish to be, sexy, hot, beautiful but trend setting without resorting to sex and the like.

what a sweetie, i love you mandy.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

MarinaTwelve200
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I am attracted to, and get lot of my makeup and appearence ideas for the "Councelor Troi" character on Star Trek, TNG. The first time I saw her, she sort of weirded me out.---there seemed to be something "odd" about her apperance that I never could get a handle on. Not that I didnt think she was beautiful--that she was (and is), but something about her both "disturbed" and facinated me.

---One thing I noticed was that she was a living artist's anotomy textbook---I was studying this at the time--and she had EVERY curve, dimple, promince and angle that was noted in my texts---Something very rare to find on most individual women. That was facinating enough, but still, she disturbed me.

Did she have an atypical proportion somewhere, that sunconciously tweaked my artistic sensibilities? Well, she was a bit short, but that wasn't it. After a while, I finally noticed something---facially, she looked quite a bit like ME. Not an exact match to be sure, but she had the big dark eyes, and a bigish, longish nose, not unlike my own--especially in profile. Her hair color was also the same.

Eventually I began to use her as a "model", so to speak, to test makeup ideas for MYSELF.---I have since also discoverd that she also has a very "mobile" face, and can like ME, generate many different "looks" (see my characters)---no wonder I couldnt get a handle on her appearence--it always changes. No two photos of her look anywhere near alike---I have that same ability that I am learning to exploit, yet it can play hell with my photo sessions.

Ive never actually deliberately tried to see if I could copy her face in a photo. Im thinking about it though--It could be fun. I tried matching one of her photos against one of mine, to post here, but never could find a pair where the poses and makeup matched. There's just too many photos to choose from. ANd then there are the differences--She usually has her hair pulled back from her face , while I like to have my face framed by my hair. My jaw. cheekline is also a bit different---but thats nothing makeup cant fix---but then again would I want to?---Sometimes, in some photos. I think I look better than she does.

Tristen Cox
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
There's one GG I look to, but she does get grumpy sometimes :p :think:

Tamara Croft
09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
There's one GG I look to, but she does get grumpy sometimes :p :think:I wonder who that is then....... :rolleyes: :p

KathrynTX
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Role models...

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
Claudia Christian
Fran Drescher
Geena Davis
Barbara Eden
Kate Pierson of the B-52's
Melissa Joan Hart
Natalie Portman
Christina Applegate

They all look damn good in pantyhose

Katie Ashe
09-13-2005, 08:12 PM
:think: Hilary Duff, Kate Beckinsale

I :bow: to Victoria Secret's Models :p

Sophie_A
09-14-2005, 12:45 AM
There is only one name i can post and thats Sophie Ellis-Bextor, yes thats why i call myself Sophie. I went to one of her concerts many years ago, i had always worn panties and the odd skirt, and thought the odd guy was cute, ok i confess had several crushes on them whilst at school and uni. But that night at her concert, i looked up and saw this long legged beauty in high heels and a little dress, and it was odd, i realised yes she was great, but more than anything i wanted to be wearing her heels and dress and to be her, and have the hunky dancer from the back row as my lover. I felt very mixed up after that evening, but a couple of days later it was my first pair of shoes purchased.

Lisa Golightly
09-14-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm with Sigrid.... Audrey Hepburn. A true Angel :)

But... on those days when I'm just too naughty to be good... Rita Heyworth.... Meeeeeeow ;)

letsdance GG
09-14-2005, 02:05 AM
If I had to chose a celebrity, I'd say Jamie Lee Curtis.

That lady is awsome. She writes childrens books and won't star in a movie her kids couldn't watch, I've seen interviews of her and she always says her family is first. Having famous parents wasn't easy for her but she sure seems levelheaded and sincere.

Can't stand too many of the "new" stars. Might be perfectly nice folks but can't hang with the hype surrounding them.

Lady 2 might be Faith Hill. Married to Tim McGraw and raising a family has gotta be hard, That, and WOW, can she sing! Very pretty lady too.

Imogen_Mann
09-14-2005, 02:35 AM
As much as I admire (worship at the alter of) Audrey Hepburn, if I had to choose a role model for my looks it would be Yvonne de Carlo (a 'la Lilly Munster), as for my attitude... Probably my grandmother, because she was the other member of my family besides me who never took any sh*t from my mother or my sister.

XX

Jayme

Sara Kat
09-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Carrie-Ann Moss (REPRESENT!!)
Gwen Stefani
Michelle Rodriguez

Stephanie
09-14-2005, 08:39 AM
For me, if I had to name a GG role model, I would probably say Stevie Nicks, who is also my favorite music artist. I love her songs, her unique outfits and performances, her overall appearance (she still looks amazing for her age!), and her seemingly friendly and easygoing personality. She seems like such a genuine person who really cares about other people and doesn't feel like she has to resort to outrageous publicity stunts in order to attract attention.

Olesha
09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
mine is my own GG

Karri M
09-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

Me, too... it's an assortment of GG's that do it for me.

However, the one that stands out the most for me is my ex-GF's mother. She's not afraid to appear both quirky--and she is an oddball, to be sure--and straight (a misnomer if there ever was one!). She can both spontaneously get down and do her infamous "Bayou Boogaloo" as well as help orchestrate massive campaigns against deforestation (no spring chicken, in her 70's, she was jailed for more than year total for blocking logging roads by sitting down in front of logging rigs).

She's a feminist; a published writer (who, ironically, started out writing Harlequin-type romances); a rugged individualist with a huge social conscience; a loving mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother; a wise elder; a fun-loving Southern Belle (though she's been living in Canada for the past 40 years or so, she's originally from Mississippi--and still has the accent to prove it!); hard-headed, pig-headed, and, yes, sometimes bone-headed (and she rarely makes apologies for that); she can smile to split the universe in two; last, but certainly not least, she's the "sire" of the only woman in my life I've ever fallen in love with. Her name is Betty. She's my role model. I don't think she even knows that.

http://ens-newswire.com/ens/pics15/krawczykbetty.jpg

Love,
CJ

Helana
09-14-2005, 11:32 PM
I was just wondering how many of you girls have GGrole models? Mine is Nicole Kidman, she is such a pretty and classly lady. I know that I'll never come close being as pretty but I try for my femme personality to match hers.
hugs
Shaylynn

Funny you should choose Nicole Kidman as she is considered to be an AIS girl meaning she is actually a genetic male whose body does not recognize testosterone and instead her body developed as a female, even though she has normal male chromosomes. Another example is Jamie Lee Curtis whom Letsdance nominated. Being genetic males they are infertile and have to adopt children to have families but otherwise live normal lives as females.

Just goes to show how "males" can turn out to be classy, beautiful females.

Sharon
09-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Funny you should choose Nicole Kidman as she is considered to be an AIS girl meaning she is actually a genetic male whose body does not recognize testosterone and instead her body developed as a female, even though she has normal male chromosomes. Another example is Jamie Lee Curtis who . Being genetic males they are infertile and have to adopt children to have families.

Just goes to show how "males" can turn out to be classy, beautiful females

Umm..., umm..., ummm..., nevermind. +?

Khriss
09-15-2005, 12:08 AM
WoW Helana - I feel better now hmm ...I thought I had gender probs eh? hehe"K"

Tamara Croft
09-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Another example is Jamie Lee Curtis whom Letsdance nominated. Being genetic males they are infertile and have to adopt children to have families but otherwise live normal lives as females.Blimey I didn't know that and after doing a few mins research..... it seems, albeit doctors will not confirm it, correct....

I haven't found anything about Nicole Kidman.... I'll keep searching ;)

Helana
09-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Well they would never confirm it as it would bring their career to an abrupt end. Not that it should matter since they have always been brought up as girls and no doubt they themselves think they are real women. The mind boggles though to think that you are a woman who then is told by doctors that you are actually male.....

They say quite a few of the catwalk models are AIS girls too. Their male chromosomes mean that their bodies tend to be taller, leaner and leggier than GGs. Their condition naturally qualifies them as beautiful as per present beauty standards.