PDA

View Full Version : Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

Ria
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Like you- most likely, I'm a pantyhose conosur. The love affair started when I was around five years old when I procured my first pair from mom's dresser drawer. I was compelled to put them on, it was one of my earliest childhood memories. In later years I "liberated" ripped nylons from my mom's garbage can in her bedroom, gross hey! ... my only option at the time.

I was lucky to have a fashionable mom that wore nylons daily. Her color choice widely varied depending on her outfit so I had a steady supply. In my early twenties I shaved my legs and it was like I discovered pantyhose all over again. I started wearing them even more but the desire to crossdress wasn't really strong with one exception. Skirts looked and felt amazing with my new legs!

Truth is, it worried me a lot- that I might be heading down a continuum with one clothing item leading to the next- tops, shoes, bras etc. I was concerned my exploration and curiosity would end with the purchase of a wig and makeup; this was on my mind and my feelings were mixed as I slowly discovered my crossdressing life unfolded as predicted. Was I going to become a transvestite? This was troubling to me.

Today, I'm very happy and accepting of myself. I have brown eyes, why try and make them blue or pretend they are blue... enjoy brown eyes. So I enjoy my feminine side that came to me honestly. I'm lucky that I also enjoy being a man just as much, variety is the spice of life.

So! that's my story, pantyhose is where it all started for me.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc415/lt_scout/2ndProfilePic.jpg

pernille d
11-04-2010, 11:15 AM
It will be interesting to see where this thread goes!

I too am one that started with pantyhose at an early age, then fell in love with lingeri and stockings, but it took me almost 25 years before I moved on and brought some heels . From there on in there was no stopping me and in the last few years I have developed more than in the last 20 years, maybe I just grew up or injust relaxed and let me be me

joannemarie barker
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Well the first thing I ever tried on was a one piece swimsuit but it was when I found tights that I fell in love with being girly :)

Karren H
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Nope.. When I started. Pantyhose hadn't been invented or if it had wasn't available yet... I was totally into bras and girdles... Heavy duty, industrial strength, 1950's vintage foundations... My mother had a nice collection but my grandmother had the best stuff.. And silk stockings!! I do remember in high school when my girlfriend asked me to stop by the store and pick her up some pantyhose... I bought myself a pair too... But I was never that emphatuated with them..

Office Stacy
11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Pantyhose was my start and i went into heels, skirts, wigs and makeup. I really got into it after i went through a bad relationship that lasted for about six years. It was very exciting for me to get dressed up and go to my PO Box late at night.
Also cute outfit, sexy legs and love the heels.

Emily Ann Brown
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
As a young children YES I sneak mommas stockings. I still find the feel of two stocking cladded feet rubbing together heavenly.

Em

RachelDee
11-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Seems to be the case for me, my mother brought up stories of me wearing her tights/pantyhose at a young age (5 or so, maybe younger). I don't really recall why (I was 5 after all lol) but I apparently did it a lot...

I do love how they look, wish girls wore them more often :) they are so lucky! They feel amazing too.

In adult life, this was the first thing I bought. It just sort of symbolised feminine to me (sorry if that sounds like a horrible stereotype).

Christie ann
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think it was pantyhose, although I do remember mom hanging them to dry in the bathroom (remember when most families had only ONE bathroom?) What I remember are the bras and swim suits, anything that had a strap go over your shoulder. I have since discovered the joys of skirts and dresses and have graduated into all kinds of different styles.

Tima
11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

No. I wear them from time to time, but they didn’t cause me to crossdress...
You know what “paved my path” to crossdressing? My frustration over having to wear boy’s clothes, and the desire to wear something pretty and feminine. Case closed.
:clap:

renee k
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Nope, It was heels for me. Then nylons and garter belts.

Renee

Cristi
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Yup. Though I desired to wear many things before getting any chance to (my sisters' party dresses, school uniforms, etc) the first piece of clothing I really got to TRY were pantyhose.

It didn't take long to work my way up from there, resulting in no time at all in 'borrowing' dresses, skirts, full outfits.

Still to this day nothing feels as feminine to me as pulling on a pair of sheer hose.

kayegirl
11-04-2010, 01:12 PM
No. When I started dressing I wanted to look like a little girl, and in those days little girls didn't wear stockings or tights, just short ankle socks, or when it got colder, knee high socks. Stockings/tights came much later when my older sister had them. Incidentally I never ever, even thought about wearing any of my mother's items, apart from the size issue, her in built radar would have had me caught immediately.

lingeriegurl
11-04-2010, 01:18 PM
No. For me it was panties...then bras.....slips. Eventually it evolved to garter belts and nylon stockings. Today I rarely dress without putting on a garter belt and nylons.

Wendy W
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Too early to remember, but I'm sure panyhose was one of my firsts to try on, then it was all down hill from there for the last 35+ yrs.

WW

Foxy Lady
11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
For me it was an OBG and stockings.

5150 Girl
11-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I can't decide if it was long curly hair, or pantyhose that started drawing me to girly things. When I was young I also coveted the frilly dresses. I really can't say. But waht I can say is pantyhose are my one faveorate things, and first things I got ahold of.

SienaDawson
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I remember my family getting the Sears catalog when I was a kid (6 - 8 y.o.) and just studying the hosiery pages in absolute awe. Then sneaking into my mothers underwear draw and loving how her pantyhose felt on me. That was definitely a formidable experience for me. Even now, on a chilly day i love how they feel under my pants. I've always preferred hose to garter and stockings probably for that reason.

ShellyMadison78
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
It was pantyhose for me, Started back in the early 80's and at that time every woman I knew wore pantyhose.....skirts, dresses, dress pants, they mostly wore them. Now being a leg person myself I was naturally drawn to them. I remember rubbing up against my mom's, sisters, and aunts legs and feeling how soft and smooth looking with hose. I don't remember exactly when I first tried them on but it was my sisters pantyhose first and then a pair of my moms tan Sheer Energy hose. After that I was hooked and then came the snowball affect and I branched out to everything else feminine. That being said, pantyhose will always be a staple of whatever I'm going to wear.
Never did get heavily into stockings and garters.....it was the 80's....they just weren't around at the time I was discovering my other side.

RADER
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Like Karen;
I started with the heave girdles. I would sneak into my
Mom's closet and try out her Playtex Pantie-girdles. I can still smell
the rubber sent of the girdles. No pantie-hoes as of yet, just hose
with the seam in back. And would try the bullet bra's that were the
Rage in the 50's. they were all to big for me then.
Boy, those were the days. Rader

Joni Thomas
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
OH MY YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mom would hand wash her stockings and hang them up in the laundry room to dry! Of course a young lad or beginng lady was obligated to touch them and eventually try them on! Then the girdle, open bottom with a silky lacey slip and as they say, the rest is history! I've been girly ever since and I like it!

lmildcd
11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't think pantyhose paved the path for me. I think it was knee highs that started it for me then panties.

gracee
11-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Pantyhose are not nylons! [Discuss]

TiffanyTgirl
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Started with one stocking. Ihad gone on Halloween as a stockinged masked robber. Later in my room, I wondered what it would feel like against my leg. Wll, you can guess the rest. Moved onward and upward.

StaceyJane
11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
When I was a teenager I loved to wear pantyhose.

Ria
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
So interesting! the CD thing has its roots in one single "try on" event, then you're hooked. The curiosity may have been around for sometime before putting the item on but it's still that ONE EVENT that kept us wanting the feeling again, which lead to the next item...

gracee said

Not sure what the difference is, I just like the word "nylons" better than pantyhose. The "hose" in word pantyhose sounds too utilitarian, like a garden hose or something, but nylons sounds feminine, soft and girly- but this is a personal association I've developed.

Nylons are pantyhose in my world and I choose nylons. You can call them whatever you like =)

ShellyMadison78
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree with you Ria. I don't really have a set word for them but it's either pantyhose, hose, or nylons because they are in fact made out of nylon for the most part. Stockings are nylons that are clipped to a garter, thigh highs are stockings minus the garter, tights are what dancers and figure skaters wear, as well as teens kids and me when I have hairy legs. I think it all boils down to how you were raised and what part of the planet you live on. In the UK and other places in Europe, pantyhose are called tights.....tights is the name regardless if it's sheer pantyhose or thick opaque tights.

Irregardless, they're awesome on legs!!!

AlexisWest
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Mom's stockings and pumps. Later it was pantyhose!

justbejulie2
11-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Yup, nylon stockings rock. Many times during my marriage (that was breaking down) I would put on a pair of her nylons and go to bed, and hope that something would happen. I'm sure she felt the feeling of my legs on her, but ignored that, and ignored the other obvious stuff. I am separated now, very happily, and exploring "Julie". Panties and bras. I think bras are the best. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Purple. Gorgeous. Even on me:-)

I'm confused if other's can see my profile picture. I have it turned on, but I can't see it, even as a guest. Do junior members have no pic? I'm proud of the pic! Many years lead up to it!
Julie

Jessica Keys
11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Yes, very much so as I remember pulling on moms OBG and feeling all those garters hitting my leg just wanting to be hooked up to nylons

FeelingFem
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes. Pantyhose started it all (and still my #1 item today).

Simone.B
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Pantyhose were the first thing I tried on at an early age, it was after church on a Saturday night.

Joanie_Shakti
11-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I can remember being fascinated by the smoothness of my grandma's legs when I was about five when I noticed the fact when we were riding in a car. She always wore gartered hose, even after pantyhose came in style. I know this as she saved her old stockings to stuff dolls that she sewed. And I've always had a "thing" for satin as long as I can remember.

Flash forward to about twelve years old. The parents were out at a function and I was left alone with my younger brother and sister. I walked into the parents' bedroom and found my brother trying on our mom's pantyhose. That had never crossed my mind before, so I tried them on and was instantly hooked. I just wore borrowed panties and hose until I was out of high school, though I do remember buying some novelty print bikini panities from the Penney's catalog while still in junior high. But it has all snowballed from first trying on the hose.

JustineFallow
11-05-2010, 02:12 AM

I consider 'nylons' to encompass both pantyhose and stockings, as in "All stockings are nylons, but not all nylons are stockings".

And for me, too, it started with pantyhose. As I've related here before there's a picture of me trying them on in my crib; I'm at a loss as to how I got my hands on them in the first place at that age! After that I wore my mother's and grandmother's whenever I got the (rare) opportunity. From there it just escalated into full dressing over the years.

I can't see my avatar photo, either. IS it a 'no. of posts' thing?

Diane Smith
11-05-2010, 03:28 AM
After figuring out at a young age that my mom's outer clothes and shoes didn't fit me, I gravitated toward her lingerie drawer and spent a lot of time as a child (around ages 5 - 12 or so) wearing her classic Playtex girdles and stockings. She didn't wear hosiery often at all after I came along and really never got into pantyhose, although they were on the market by that time. And she wore her stockings so rarely that I don't think she ever really noticed if they were out of place after I raided her drawers.

So although I did, practically speaking, get into crossdressing largely through hose, it wasn't especially by choice -- it was just the one thing I could get hold of easily that fit me reasonably well. I would have loved to wear skirts, dresses and heels back then, but didn't have access to any that I could get into until some years later.

I also enjoyed mom's jewelry drawer, and especially her earrings. She knew about this part, and didn't even raise much of a fuss when I wanted to get my ears pierced at age nine. That, however, was also the end of my borrowing, because she wore only clip-ons and didn't have pierced ears.

- Diane

erickka
11-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Pantyhose weren't around when I started, but when they came out....Woo Hoo! I guess it was nylons and garters, bras and heels that started me. Pantyhose became a nice driving force later on.

deebra
11-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Ria, as good as you look I think your biggest problem would be undressing and going back to guy mode, it would be for me. My first item was trying on a little girl playmates shoes when I was 3 or 4. believe it or not at that early age it was so exciting and wonderful we had an argument because she wanted her shoes back and I didn't want to give them up. Next time was wrapping a baby blanket around me while playing at age 12, like electricity going thru me once again. Lipstick at 18 in the high school play and wearing my wife's panties at 20 of which she couldn't understand and I shouldn't do that. After the divorce it was freedom to pursue what had been natural all my life, it's a blessing so many others don't have.

Tina B.
11-05-2010, 09:48 AM
slips, panties, and girdle where my starting place, nylons where to delicate, and, I feared ruining them. After all I was only six, and they seemed so delicate, and my big sister might have beaten me up if I ruined her stockings. But by seven I was into everything. As far as one thing setting us off, I doubt that, if it wasn't the slip it would have been something else, I was meant to wear this stuff, and there must be little boys out there that tried on a piece of girls clothing and said yuck, and never did it again.
Tina B.

Lynn Marie
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty much a stockings man, and woman! I like them on the ladies, and on me too. I only use pantyhose to disguise myself when robbing banks.

Seems as if I've said this before. Maybe on the same thread, just a previous version.

Stephanie47
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Nope, it was my mother's nylon slips hanging in the bathroom. But, that lead pretty quick to stockings and girdles to hold them up. Stockings and thigh highs remain my choice with a garter belt. I only wear pantyhose when I am under-dressing. I do not want the girdle outline to show through my pant legs.

Olivia2
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Started with my mother's high heels but quickly wanted to see how it would feel to have stockinged feet inside those heels. First tried on my mother's stockings but later borrowed my sisters pantyhose. Pantyhose became my early clothing of choice but enjoyed shoes almost as much. Now I prefer a full outfit to complete the look and feel. Not all that motivated to wear only one item of clothing anymore.

Christina2008
11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
What a great thread, particularly due to that fact I am in agreement.

Yes “tights” were the item I first tried and got hooked on. It seems so trivial yet fundamental that a pair of hose could have such an influence and hold so much power. I have always had a love of hose. It was the first thing I wore that made me feel femme.

12 years after first wearing them, now at 32, I wear tights or stockings at least a few times a week, including to work.

Now it’s colder here, I wear them nearly every day.

MargaretJ
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Stockings and heels was what piqued my curiousity when I was about 4. Dabbled with tights, as we call them in the UK, for my teen years, but was always more interested in Stockings. Thank god for the advent of Hold ups/Thigh highs, as I love them.

JustAlex
11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I am of the unfortunate kind. My first pantyhose experience was as a teenager. And I wasn't looking for it. I mean not specifically for pantyhose, but the idea of wearing female from head to toe was there often. So when the opportunity showed up, time, space and available pantyhose, I took it.

Kara in CT
11-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Pantyhose started it for me. I remember the day it happened. A girl in gym class wore them under her shorts. From that day on I was hooked.

dennisGTS
11-06-2010, 10:34 AM
It was just plain satin panties that got me started when I was about 6.

cosmolovesph
11-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Absolutely, YES! - Mom wore everyday and i remember being fasinated with them... so eventually i "borrowed" some and was hooked. Today nylon (PH, KH, Stocking/thi-highs) of some sort will always be part of my dressing and often under dressing.

tinalynn
11-06-2010, 12:24 PM
The combination of pantyhose and high heels naturally led to skirts and dresses, for me. I love the feeling - the smoothness, the tightness... Yummy! Not to mention that they can make legs that maybe wouldn't look too good without them look sweet. Being a leg man myself, I like to see a nice set of legs peeking out from a skirt...

Alice B
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Sure. I started with nylons, but thigh highs. Used the excuse that they were to keep my legs warm. The rest is history.

Tommie T.
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
panties,slips, nightgowns bras then pantyhose now usually garterbelt and nylons or thigh hi's the panties were the easiest early on my mother had lots of them so she didn't notice a pair missing now and then.Of coarse as I'm sure most of you will agree the whole package is where it's at-kind of like the hokey pokey lol

annecwesley
11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
My mother didn't wear pantyhose, I started with stockings. But Pantyhose were my holy grail, and when I first tried them on it was sheer delight! (and sometimes opaque delight!). A friend used to sell me his sister's thrown away pantyhose. I don't recall how I found out that he "recovered" them, and I never asked why (should have, we could have had fun as highschoolers dressing together ;-) ). I wear pantyhose every day now and I'm always looking for just the right ones, like the ones my Highschool friend's sister used to wear.

WomanAtHeart4
11-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the thread - brought back so many memories. Yes, come to think of it - probably the start. Yes, mom would wash her hose in the shower and let them hang on the rail in the back of the shower to dry. I dont remember the first day I tried them on - but I did, and the rest is history. Of course, in the shower was mom's razorblades, and I quickly learned the joy of smooth shaved legs in hose. Mom must have known. But it was those hose, that were my first womens item to wear which caused me to love the feel of smooth shaved legs.
Thanks. Stephanie.

VanessaVW
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Pantyhose were not the first item starting me on the journey, but they certainly were a help.

Phoebe Reece
11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I remember putting on garter type nylon stockings that were either my mother's or grandmother's way back when I was just 4 years old. It seemed to trigger something in me. I held a fascination with stockings from then on through high school. It was when my wife and I were dating (about 42 years ago) that I first got into pantyhose. I haven't been without pantyhose of my own since then. I just don't feel "dressed" without them.

PattiMichaels
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
At the tender age of 4, I vividly recall insisting on being able to wear a pair of my Mom's pantyhose. Kind of ironic now, being that I prefer going bare legged with open toe heels. I wear hosiery maybe once a year...

LisaLedoux
11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, but I'm old enough that it was actual nylons and not pantyhose that I first tried on. Had to keep those seams straight you know!

rocktheplank
11-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Nope, not at all! It all started with the underwear for me. I never even wanted to touch my moms clothes, to me they were gross, but I always thought they felt kinda nice. When I moved out and had a gf, I tried on a pair of her underwear and I've been a fan ever since. But nylons are nice!

Bobbi Lynn
11-06-2010, 10:06 PM
No, started with panties, pantie hose were a LONG time in the future for me. I doubt they had even been thought of when I made my first attempts.

Tasha VanEssen
11-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Except when they run...

For me the clothes were just the completion to how I feel about women and the sway they hold over me. Slipping on a pair of pantyhose, nylons, tights was easy to disguise and still let me know I was being as girly as I allowed myself to feel. They also let me feel as naked as I can feel while wearing an item of clothing and still feel feminine. I grew up in the days of "the speedo" so I sorta equated speedos with how panties felt but boys weren't supposed to wear pantyhose so that added to the mystery.

I always look at women wearing leggings of any sort and pay a lot of attention to how they dress up their legs. Tonight I was really turned on by a very cute woman wearing opaque black tights with really cool black shoes. So the fact that legs get my attention first and foremost makes the answer to "if pantyhose got me hooked on crossdressing" no - but I still love them best.

Genivieve
11-07-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm glad you brought this up and I'm just going to share some embarrassment.
I was raised in a super strict Catholic family so I had no idea what masturbation was. When I was 11 I slept in my parents room on the floor because I was afraid of earthquakes. I saw a pair of my mom's knee highs under the bed and I wore them in my sleeping bag.
I was so damn excited. I began to rub against the floor while picturing myself as a grown woman.
It was all downhill from there.

=p

MissyW
11-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Nope it was panties first closely followed by pantyhose

Jaclyn NM
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
High heels is what got me started, but once I put on nylons, that just enhanced the whole thing, and I was on my way. Today I can't imagine dressing, without wearing stockings as part of my outfit.

BobbiU
11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Pantyhose is what I first started with, and played with for years. After getting married, my love for Pantyhose was the first article of womens clothing that I would wear with my wife, and started to expand from there. Still to this day, they are my favorite piece of clothing.

TGMarla
11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Yes, for me the very first item I tried on was pantyhose, when I was only 12 years old, but it wasn't for crossdressing purposes. However, I loved the look and the feel of wearing them, and I still do. I've been wearing women's clothing ever since.

Ria
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
"...pantyhose hanging to dry in the bathroom" Interesting, for many of us this is our first glance of the item that created that divide between us and the non crossdresser.

kellilake
11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Most definately pantyhose for me, since about age twelve. Heels followed soon after.

scpantyhose
11-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Tights for a second grade play. Had to wear them without underwear the first time out.

Julogden
11-10-2010, 09:29 AM
For me, beginning when I was very young, 3 or 4, it was my mom's dresses and shoes, didn't try nylons until many years later when I was at the point where my mom's shoes were getting a little tight, so I tried on a pair of nylons to ease my growing feet into the shoes. That led to a garter belt and other lingerie. Pantyhose didn't exist at that time, although I did take to them immediately when they essentially replaced gartered stockings, which was during my high school years.

Carol

BRANDYJ
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Not for me. It was a white nylon full slip. Hose did not show up in my wardrobe until I was about 17-18, some 7-8 years after the slip and then other female clothes.

Empira
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh yes!
For me, it was tights. I am not sure exactly when my obsession as I was so young. I do remember a local news report on TV (I must have been five or six at the time) and it showed a children's ballet class and the boys were wearing tights. I swear that they were wearing pink tights, but I'm sure that is my imperfect memory. Something about that was such a turn-on to me. I had to find and wear some. My mother had tights and I was obsessed with a pink pair of hers. She must have noticed somehow as she had this serious discussion with me about, "Why are you wearing mommy's pink tights? You're a little boy!" etc etc etc. It was a horrible and humiliating moment that I remember 40 years later. At that age, how could I respond with with a discussion of a fetish and how it might have developed.

Anyway, tights were definitely my "gateway drug" for crossdressing. I was mostly a fetishistic crossdresser, sticking with dancewear. In my late 20's however, I went to Dragstrip 66 and being out at a club crossdressed was such a headrush that I had to continue and expand my wardrobe. I was going out dressed-up for about 10 years, until I got a girlfriend and moved from SoCal.

I still crossdress in private, though mostly stick to my massive collection of dancewear. I haven't had the desire to go out while dressed and am quite happy keeping my antics private.

Empira

AvidFan
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Perhaps, I've always wanted to try them on,and I love the way they feell on my GF. Just never had the nerve until recently. I love them

Mary of Long Beach
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Pantyhose for you, net slips for me. It is always something :) mary

liz.thomas
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Like you- most likely, I'm a pantyhose conosur. The love affair started when I was around five years old when I procured my first pair from mom's dresser drawer. I was compelled to put them on, it was one of my earliest childhood memories. In later years I "liberated" ripped nylons from my mom's garbage can in her bedroom, gross hey! ... my only option at the time.

Funny enough, this is exactly the same as my story. I was in Kindergarten or 1st grade when I realized the pantyhose my mother wore were so smooth, so soft. Soon after I "liberated" a nice pair of Navy Pantyhose from her drawer and the rest...is history.

Liz

kimdl93
11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
My first CD experience was at a very early age, wearing a sister's full slip. I didn't discover pantyhose until some years later, but I was hooked on the feeling, and since my sister only had panty hose in those days, I had no access to garters and stockings or stay ups until I was an adult. I can't say I have a strong preference now. I wear stay ups or garters with more formal or sexier attier, pantyhose and tights in cooler weather or with short skirts.

Emma Chase
11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
I was 5 when I discovered the joys of pantyhose/tights.... never feel fully dressed now unless I'm wearing them.

BTW .... I miss my condo in Vancouver ... wave towards Kits for me and say hi ..lol

Tbirdgal
11-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I guess so............. I was mabye 5yrs old . I saw my Mothers stockings and her slips too. I wanted to wear rhem to bedas one would a Nightgown. Since I couldn't do thatI would sneak them on every occasion I could . I wanted to transition even then ! I guess had I not met the late Christine Jorgensen in 1970, I might have stayed as a closeted individual.

LauraEwing
11-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Nope, my sisters shoes and worn panties did.

Angie G
11-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't know if it was paved but I think my dad cleared a path for me. And made it easier for my wife to accept my dressing. Even if it was years before I told her.:hugs:
Angie

Farrah
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I actually started with slips. I loved the feel. I moved on to panties and other underwear. Out the blue, i decided to put on a dress. I loved it. I've been hooked since!!

Sophie_C
11-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Nope, never did anything for me. Besides, girls don't even wear them anymore, outside of specific outfits for special occasions. You might as well be wearing outfits from "Gone with the wind", it's that outdated...

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll add myself to these ranks, although it was really tights more than sheer hose that first got me. I was very young and my best friend was a girl named Lisa and I remember seeing her wearing different colors of tights and wanting to wear them, and not understanding why they weren't for boys too. From them on I simply started to notice more and more things that I wanted to wear that boys weren't allowed to. It simply took me a couple of decades to to realize I was the only one whose permission I really needed.

EDIT:

To the poster above, if you're talking about sheer nude hose, then you're right, but if you're talking about opaque tights or patterned tights, then I see women wearing them all the time, especially as it starts to get a little bit colder out.

Alice Torn
11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Nylons were the one big thing for me. too, then borrowing a dress, girdle. Decades later, high heels, wig, makeup, jewelry, many more dresses, skirts, and tops, sweaters.

Pythos
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I would definitely say yes. I felt it was incredibly unfair that only girls could wear them with skirts, hell I couldn't even wear them with shorts. Looking back if I could though, there would have been many destroyed pairs. But for formal stuff I would have loved to have worn them.

I always loved how they looked, and wanted to try them on but was forbidden by my mom. I remember seeing her put them on right in front of me, not knowing I was in the room. I was intrigued at how they were all she put on under her skirt. I asked her when I would get a pair and she said "boys don't wear pantyhose, they are for girls only".

Well it looks like that is slowly but surely changing. (very slowly).

When I put on my first pair, I so wanted to know how it felt to have them under a skirt or dress, and later on I got to experience that out in public, and absolutely love the feeling. :) I also love how my legs look and feel in them. Why women are put off for the most part I don't know. Why do they want hairy legs on their men? LOL

Hayley 09
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I love stockings and tights, they are what got me started.

Kaz
11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Over here in the UK, pantyhose = tights. When someone says nylons we think of nylon stockings (ie pre non-run stuff), and there are loads of people (male and female Tamara:)) into retro stockings.

Yeah for me an early recollection was a need to wear tights under my clothes... maybe 11, 12-ish... certainly puberty. I remember wanting to become a woman not a man, though that has changed since... I am fairly happy with who I am! I just need to be me!

Hayley 09
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Over here in the UK, pantyhose = tights. When someone says nylons we think of nylon stockings (ie pre non-run stuff), and there are loads of people (male and female Tamara:)) into retro stockings.

Yeah for me an early recollection was a need to wear tights under my clothes... maybe 11, 12-ish... certainly puberty. I remember wanting to become a woman not a man, though that has changed since... I am fairly happy with who I am! I just need to be me!

Im still finding myself at the moment, sometimes I want to be all male and other times I want to be all female, I only recently joined this site to see if it will help me. So far its made me want to accept myself the way I am.

Karentgny
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I was born in the 40s and my mother wore real nylon stockings (post WWII). At the age of 5 I can remember seeing my mom put on her stockings and hook them to her garters. I was fascinated. I was first caught putting my mother's stockings on a couple weeks later at the age of 5. From the moment I first touched them.. then slid them on my skinny little legs, with my shoes still on, I was hooked. Throughout my teens, twenties and 2 marriages I graduated to garter belts, panties and camisoles. By the close of my 2d marriage that lasted 21 years, I was dressing completely and going out in public and was told I was quite passable. Being busted as a CD ended my marriage. All throughout these years I never lost my love for real nylon stockings, 10 or 15 denier, full fashioned, RHTs or sandal foot. Today my 3rd wife (3 is a charm!!) of 6 years and I go out together. She enjoys helping me choose fashions that are most flattering and being a vintage stocking wearer herself (she wears everyday to her office job and at home) she includes stockings for me when she places her order with Secrets In Lace, Stocking HQs or any other vendor she finds who can furnish our preference. I rarely wear pantyhose. I can truthfully say that nylon stockings started me at age 5 on the road to being a very happy CD!

Miranda71
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree that stockings / tights / pantyhose / nylons were the main reason why I got into this way of life. Like Hayley I have also just joined this site, and it is great to know there are many people who think like us. I remember the smell of my mother's freshly unpacked tights that I found, and then for some random reason, putting them on. The rest...is history.

Julie Denier
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
For me, it started with the shoes, but hosiery has long since taken over as a key motivator ...

Julie

Polly R
11-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Hmmm. Think it was when I had to play the part of a Spanish nobleman in a play at school when I was about 10 and my Mom put me in a pair of tan stockings to go with the knee breeches. Was having trouble holding them up so she put me in one of her girdles. Then there was the stage makeup. An interesting experience all round...

Took a few years for it to resurface but when it did, it was stockings and girdle (+ bra, slip, dress, wig, makeup - you know how it goes...). Now I'm stuck with it and having to live with it...

xx Polly R

katrinakat
11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Pantyhose and tights were for sure my first trigger. There was always something about them that made me feel femme and relaxed. I still love wearing them both, but I've moved to bras, heels, etc. Other than the absolutely femme look they also change my psychology. I feel like time i pull them up, its official....I'm a girl now.

Theresa1955
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
...... Eventually it evolved to garter belts and nylon stockings. Today I rarely dress without putting on a garter belt and nylons.

First it was panties then garter belts and stockings. I now enjoy vintage girdles and stockings. I have a couple of vintage playtex girdles that have the exotic rubber scent associated with them. I really enjoy the feel and the 18 hour support along with a nice pair of 10 denier vintage nylon seamed stockings. Just lovely.

Kelly Blaine
11-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I have always loved silk and I think it was my mother putting my into a pair of my sister's panties because she was washing mine that turned me.

nylon boy
11-16-2010, 11:03 PM

I was lucky to have a fashionable mom that wore nylons daily. Her color choice widely varied depending on her outfit so I had a steady supply. In my early twenties I shaved my legs and it was like I discovered pantyhose all over again. I started wearing them even more but the desire to crossdress wasn't really strong with one exception. Skirts looked and felt amazing with my new legs!

Truth is, it worried me a lot- that I might be heading down a continuum with one clothing item leading to the next- tops, shoes, bras etc. I was concerned my exploration and curiosity would end with the purchase of a wig and makeup; this was on my mind and my feelings were mixed as I slowly discovered my crossdressing life unfolded as predicted. Was I going to become a transvestite? This was troubling to me.

Today, I'm very happy and accepting of myself. I have brown eyes, why try and make them blue or pretend they are blue... enjoy brown eyes. So I enjoy my feminine side that came to me honestly. I'm lucky that I also enjoy being a man just as much, variety is the spice of life.

So! that's my story, pantyhose is where it all started for me.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc415/lt_scout/2ndProfilePic.jpg
Sounds so much like the path i went down to get where i am today p.s you look stunning and your legs are fab on the above pic
Lexie x

Diane Smith
11-17-2010, 12:33 AM
I have a couple of vintage playtex girdles that have the exotic rubber scent associated with them.

I'm not into them now, but when I was little, my mom had several of those rubber Playtex girdles, and the scent was certainly strong and distinctive. I always associated it with her lingerie drawer (which, sad to admit, I opened frequently) where she kept them.

I'm curious, though: Do other people we come close to also catch a whiff of that lovely Playtex odor, or is it only obvious to the wearer? Is it a dead giveaway to those we meet that we are wearing a vintage girdle? Has anybody ever heard any comments about it, or had any experience with this?

- Diane

Zoie
11-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Paved my way stealing them from store or dresser then buying them.. just to feel them on the skin.. still excites me :)

luvtodoit
11-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Ever since I first tried on my mom's stockings at about 6 yrs old I've been hooked on them. I'm now 62 and still addicted!

crossdressed4fun
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
yup, i remember i was like 3 years old i found a pair of my moms nylons and put them on, i fit all the way in them up to my head lol, but then i remember the feeling that i had, which was similar to the feeling i get when im, "in the mood"

jeniinnylons
11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Pantyhose were my first item

Deanna B
01-06-2011, 01:47 PM
hi for me it was my mum sexey panties i was very young. but my first girlfrend made me wear stocking or no sex in my car . the only thing was i love them .
23 years on 4 months ago i brought my own and a lot more. what calms me down is painting my nails ,pink or red

NicoleScott
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Nope.. When I started. Pantyhose hadn't been invented or if it had wasn't available yet.

....but animal prints were in vogue or all that was available.

Jaclyn NM
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Actually, High heels paved the way to my crossdressing, since I simply loved putting on my mom's and walking around in them, but then one day I put on her garter belt and nylons, and then her high heels, and that certainly sealed the deal. From that point on I believe I was committed to crossdressing, and kept going further and further, until I was totally transformed. I have no regrets, and love the person I am today, but while it started with high heels, nylons certainly played a huge part.

Melody Phillips
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
When I first tried on panties and bras, I knew I was hooked. pantyhose came later.

Jonelle
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Actually, High heels paved the way to my crossdressing, since I simply loved putting on my mom's and walking around in them, but then one day I put on her garter belt and nylons, and then her high heels, and that certainly sealed the deal. From that point on I believe I was committed to crossdressing, and kept going further and further, until I was totally transformed. I have no regrets, and love the person I am today, but while it started with high heels, nylons certainly played a huge part.

me too... even though they were too big then!! nylons were next.. then skirts... SKIRTS were the game changer for me.

Kate Lynn
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure what it was,between ages 1.5 to 3,wearing my mommys shoes,or the 2.5 years I lived in Germany,from age 4 to 7,step dad was Army stationed there,and he always made me wear girls clothes,and at that young age,things happen to the brain.

DebsUK
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I always suspected this was really common. It was the same for me, at about 3 or 4 years old, playing with the washing basket I tried on a pair of my Mam's tights and that was the start

NicoleScott
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
It was high heels and lipstick that got me started.

Jilmac
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't say that nylons were a paving stone to my dressing as much as they were an enhancer, and as Karren Hutton said pantyhose weren't around when I started dressing. I started with stockings, garter belts and long leg girdles of which there was an ample supply, having a choice from three older sisters. I still prefer the sexy look and feel of stockings and garters, but because pantyhose is more available and cheaper I only wear stockings and garters for very special occasions.

cathie
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM
definetly pantyhose. Full name is Cathie Pantyhose after all :)

megan163
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Yep, pantyhose were my entry to CDing and I still love them.

NoraTV
01-07-2011, 01:25 AM
I remember those bras, Karen. They could have been made with Erector Sets.

SallyS
01-07-2011, 05:51 AM
As I've got older I feel more 'feminine' in tights or hold-ups and very rarely wear suspenders and stockings. Just think its what most women wear these days during the week.

But I think it was stockings that got me interested as a teenager....still prefer to see them on my wife rather than me though :)

Of course the feeling of new nylons on smooth legs is pretty damn great!!!

lauraabdl
01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
For me it was panties and then slips and then on to the rest, which I now have quite a collection. The envey of any girls or womens closet, Not that I would ever hope to compete with Davida's collection of shoes, but mind you I have an extensive selection of all sorts of clothes and lingere in a vast choice of colors styles and materials. Two walk in closets full and one and a half dressers full, plus boxs and luggage full, guess I just don't want to run out of choices and will never purge agian.

AlisonRenee
01-07-2011, 08:10 AM
For me, the first item/event was my sister's swimsuit at age 4. By the time I was six or seven I really loved Mom's hose and garters (pre pantyhose era) as well as her heels. Sister's panties, slips all came into play before long as well. Pantyhose did kickstart me back into dressing going on 20 years ago, though, and from there it all happened so fast...

Karen kc
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I remember trying on moms thi-hi"s and couldnt figure out how to keep them up. Then came the sears catalog, and saw a garter belt, good, mom had that too! Then pantyhose, etc, I was and am hooked!!!!!!!!

Stephanie47
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Nope! The first article of clothing I wore was a slip which my mom had hung in the bathroom to line dry. When I finally built up the courage to check out her bedroom drawers, I found a girdle with garters. Of course, then I had to try on stockings. I do not think my mom ever wore pantyhose. I wear stockings with a garter belt when wearing dresses. However, I do wear pantyhose when I underdress in guy mode.

drushin703
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM
What got me started was my mothers satin paneled short leg girdle and even to this day I am turned on by the
sight of girdles whether in a catalog, in a drawer, hanging on a line or on the internet.Strange isnt it? My
crossdressing today MUST include pantyhose which is part of the ritual.But girdles got me started....dana.

Adele
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I started with my Mum's old tights (pantyhose). I always remember admiring women's legs at an early age and I must have been about 6 when I found that she put her old ones in a cupboard to be used for tying up plants in the garden etc. From trying them on I also quickly moved onto Mum's dresses and shoes that were in a wardrobe in my room (her wardrobe was full). During my teen's I added in other underwear, but was too big for Mum's clothes so had started acquiring my own "stash".
I have fought my feelings all my life and had I known in my teens what I know now my life would have been very different. Knickers are worn daily and tights at every opportunity, dressing up happens less often but is so right.

sherri
01-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?No, but shaved legs did.

MichelleP
01-07-2011, 01:18 PM
My big sis bought me a pair of tights because I had been oogling her pantyhose. It didn't start all this for me but they sure kept me wanting to explore further.

Salina
01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Nylon panties started me and I stuck with just that for many years before slowly progressing to full dressing.

Pantyhose Queen
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Pantyhose were and are still my biggest part of dressing, to me it is just doesn't feel right with out them. I would also hate to venture a guess on how many pairs "disappeared" from various shower rods over the early years!!

Lilaka Ananda
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Pantyhose and lipstick were my gateways.

gia coll
01-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I was playing with a car around the coffee table once when I saw nylon stockings for the first time, my mom had a friend visit her and this lady was wearing nylon stockings and high heels. They made her legs look nicer. Then, the lady passed her soft hand over one of her legs and the sound of it moving over the nylon caught my attention and sent shivers up my entire body. Right there I knew I would want to touch her so I moved closer in my plaing until I touched her very deliactely.....I think that did it. I must have been about 3 or 4. Later it was other garments, but the fascination began with nylon. Pantyhose.......I rarely leave home without it......regardless of the mode.

Genivieve
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Growing up Roman Catholic I had no idea what masturbation was.
I wore my mom's nylons at age 11 after bedtime. I pictured myself as a comic book female
grinded on the bed and.. yup nylons did it.

Carly D
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM
The "flashpoint" if you will, for me was in fact possibly pantyhose.. There was a lack of the actual pantyhose garment in my moms dressers but she did have stockings.. I was so disappointed in the early days of searching for what I saw on the early days of commercials on tv and print ads and mom not having these things.. Shoes might very well have been the true article of ignition as it were.. Mom did have many pairs of really cool heeled pumps and sandals..

MaryFran G
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Pantyhose and stockings kicked it off for me. I remember slipping into my moms pantyhose and sliding my foot into her black patent heels....no question it was that one time that affirmed my desires and yes...it lead to the next and the next..

SamanthaStevens
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh yes, pantyhose paved the way and kicked open the door of my dressing!

MsJordan
01-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Pantyhose well actually my mother's knee highs was my first exposure to dressing. I wore them under my socks to school when I was 9! I've been hooked since. Even though I shave my legs now, I feel weird when I dress without hose!!

StephanieDragg
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I would have to answer yes to this, my first memories of crossdressing were trying on my mothers nylons that were sometimes hanging over the shower when I went in for my bath

herwannabe
01-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Pantyhose is boring Nylons is way better but I like the word Stockings as in Silk Stockings like in the 40's with the seems Now those are HOT!!! :daydreaming:

Charleen
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Yep! Stockings! Panty hose weren't around then!

ChanDelle
01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Nope. More like earrings, jewelry and shoes. A bit different, huh? But I do like nylons too!

ChanDelle

Christa Race
01-11-2011, 01:06 AM
For me it was panties and sexy lingerie, but now I am a full dresser with make up and all. I was not a big fan of nylons and I find them a little restrictive were as stockings have more freedom.

Virgin1A
01-11-2011, 09:13 AM
It was earrings for me. I desperately wanted pierced ears from the age of about twelve when not many girls in my town had them done (yes, a long time ago!).

Virgin1A
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Nope, never did anything for me. Besides, girls don't even wear them anymore, outside of specific outfits for special occasions. You might as well be wearing outfits from "Gone with the wind", it's that outdated...

I love those outfits from "Gone with the wind". Can't stand the movie, worship the clothes and the hair-styles!

JulieC
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I love those outfits from "Gone with the wind". Can't stand the movie, worship the clothes and the hair-styles!

There's been a lot of movies over the years where the wardrobe of the lead actress has been very appealing to me. Of late, "Secretariat". Diane Lane's wardrobe is just stunning!

Chrissy8888
01-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah a little bit. I actually still love to wear pantyhose. I haven't read many of the threads but like many of you I am sure, I felt pretty feminine wearing them.

missyvf
01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Nope. Panties were my beginning. My best friends moms to be exact when I was 12.

markinhose
01-15-2011, 06:30 AM
it had me the first time i tried them on and ive been wearing them since and would not change a thing

Leohose
01-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Yes more like sucked me into it. Dous anyone remember the legs sheer energy pantyhose commercial that started out After a long day of walking my legs feel like they are sinking in quicksand. When i put on sheer energy they set me free.

Well into pantyhose, leotards, then quicksand we go

Madilyn A.
01-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes, nylons lured me into a life of all things feminine. As a young child just brushing up against my mother's nylon stockings. One time, and bang !!. That was it. Then going into her drawers, wearing them with her garterbelts, although I had to figure out the fasteners, no small feat for a 4 yr.old. Then shoes, way to big but I soon grew into them, a sad day when they became too small. Panties, girdles, corsets, dresses, makeup. By 3rd grade, I regularly paraded around fully dressed all day, when I was " too sick " to go to school. Oh, the fond memories !!!

Casey
01-15-2011, 04:24 PM
No. It was panties for me. I used to steal my sisters panties and sleep in them. I now wear panties 24/7 and have evolved into garters and stockings. I am looking for a place that has bras in my size in a lacy pretty style but haven't found it yet. I also have a few skirts that I match with some of my wife's tops when she is out of town. I am not interested in looking female as I would be one ugly woman. LOL I really don't know how far this is going to go but I guess the journey has begun.

CDAllie
01-15-2011, 04:57 PM
For me it was the first pair of panties I tried on, and from there I couldnt stop, I was always trying on everything I could. I didnt even realize I was a crossdresser till I had been doing it for about a year :P. I was definitly put in a really good mood though when i made the discovery of Stockings and Nylons :D they make you look amazing and the feeling is describable !

Didi
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Actually, it was stockings and a girdle for me, but the pantyhose came shortly after!

JenniferDiaz
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Tights (yes, tights; I'm from the UK) are the absolute bedrock of my crossdressing. I first started doing it just so I could wear black tights, then I gradually added all the other elements - skirts, dresses, makeup, wigs - in order to stop the tights looking out of place; after all, to me tights look great on a good-looking woman, not so much on a weird geeky boy! LOL.

Although I no longer dress for sexual thrills, I never go without my black tights. It just wouldn't feel right.

Heathersgams
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
As good a place as any to post my first reply:) NO, it was shoes, red FMPs specifically. Our secretary/receptionist, June, always wore great shoes and was quite foxy for a mature women. One night while working late I noticed a pair of bright red pumps under her desk which is located just beside the photo copier. At first glance it was "June left her shoes under her desk, great pumps..." Then after making several copies and eyeing the shoes I got brave enough to do what seemed ludicrous, try them on. Seriously, I had never done anything like this before, off came the socks, on went the pumps, I stood up and a bolt of lightening shot through my spine! it was unbelievable (at the time LOL) That was it, most other CD dramas were soon to follow...

Elle1946
01-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Nylons, YES, stocking then shoes, my mothers. I did not have any sisters. Darn the luck!!

AmberM
01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
For me it started with the little black dress, and a white bra-panty set. I haven't tried pantyhose yet.

Jess Marie
01-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Nylons had nothing to do with my beginnings. My start came when my dads girlfriends daughter made me wear a thong and a dress. That's what kicked it off. When they broke up, she gave me the thong and I wore that as often as I could. I never tried on nylons until about 5 years later

CD Tammy
01-17-2011, 06:00 AM
When I was five my ultra fashionable step-mother used the closet in my room for the overflow of her clothing. One day she must have been in a hurry to change and left a pair of Leggs suntan pantyhose on my floor. It changed my life. I wore them as often as I could. Under my clothing to school, at night I slept in them. I was sure that I was the only boy in the world that wore pantyhose. When I got older we lived in a bigger house where she had more closet space which made it more difficult to get more items but I managed to.

BLUE ORCHID
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Ria, Theres no doubt in my mind that moms silk stockings
and high heel pumps got me started at 5 or 6 years old
that was 63 years ago and I never looked back.

Orchid

laurajade
01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Most definitely yes here!

Dian077
01-31-2011, 08:21 PM
My first memories were of my sister dressing me up as a little girl in some of her old frilly dresses. I remember how great it felt to wear a dress. I loved it. Yes a few years later I discovered pantyhose and I fell in love.... the rest is history in the making :)

Janine cd
01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
nylons helped. I was 11 when I tried on my mothers nylon stockings for the first time. It was a mind boggling experience. I've never forgotten the wonderful experience of pulling them up my legs.

Rachel nylons
02-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes, tights did pave the way to my crossdressing. I was about 8 when I got the urge to try tights for the first time, I don't what made me want to try a pair on but when I did I fell in love with them straight away. It took 19 years before I went on to try heels with tights and another five to try on skirts and dresses.

BillieJoEllen
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I remember the first time I ever saw a pair of pantyhose. It was late fall of 1966. I thought to myself that no girl or woman would ever wear such a thing because they would have to give up wearing garters and probably panty girdles if they did. (Those were very important to me at the time). Up to that point it was always girdles and nylons for me. It wasn't until about seven years later that I tried on my first pair of pantyhose. I didn't really like them because they weren't as silky as regular nylons. I later did take to wearing PH because for one thing they were about the only thing available anymore.

MrKunk
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
For me it was my step sister's tights and swimsuits. I got caught several times. However because she and I had
a crush on each other at the time, she let me rub her while she was wearing the stuff and then when I would go
into her dresser she would turn a blind eye on it. She even wanted to teach me gymnastics at that age.

Billie Jean
02-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Stockings around 4 or 5 and pantyhose at 13. I still love'em. I have quite a collection of stockings, pantyhose, and knee hi's. I have six pairs of Berkshire RHT stockings that I love. Billie Jean:o

Billie Jean
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Pantyhose well actually my mother's knee highs was my first exposure to dressing. I wore them under my socks to school when I was 9! I've been hooked since. Even though I shave my legs now, I feel weird when I dress without hose!!:daydreaming:I like to be bare legged in the summer wearing my denim skirt with my Gladiator sandals and my toenails in a french pedicure or just painted. Billie Jean

ebonycd
03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I have a fetish for hosiery, so it influenced me greately! LOL!

junetv
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
most definitely YES! I don't feel complete unless I'm wearing hosiery, even with pants and jeans.

Haley Heather
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
my simple awnser is no, in fact I hardly ever wear them *runs off to dust her stockings off*

Courtney
03-12-2011, 12:41 AM
yup! nylon definately had something to do with it!

larissa-laurie
03-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Started with a plunge. Around 12 or 13 my older sister dressed me up in her school uniform. Had to show me everything. It was interesting as she helped pull up my nylon stockings to hook up to the garter tabs on my girdle. I loved the feel of all the slippery things, especially nylons and satin girdle and slip. We did this 3 nights in a row. It started to give me strong sexual desires. I have enjoyed the girly longerie ever since.

chrissie
03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Well stockings and suspenders has lead to me having more lingerie - obg/corsolette and more recently an increasing number of bras...

diannecourtney
03-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Totally sold as I got hooked later in life when I followed a lusious pair of heels and stockings into a restaurant, oh my oh my. Went out immediately and bougth 3" heels (red) and now am fully committed to crossdressing over 805 of the time, and yes I have legs a woman would die for. Especially when sliding on a pair of stockings or paqntyhose.

danielletorresani
03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Seeing images from mags like Playboy of women in thigh high stockings and garters....that's what got me. Thigh highs with garters gets my engine going like nothing else.

glynnis
03-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Open bottom girdles and stockings are my favourit.

Staci Roberts
03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Most definitely..Pantyhose at a young age, then a skirt, top, shoes....

Sophie_C
03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Nope. Additionally, don't forget that most girls don't ever wear nylons these days except for like those new short ones as a rare fashion accessory. Then again, I am TS/TG, not TV/CD, so take it for what it's worth.

Michelle123
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
For me it was an OBG and stockings.

Very similar for me too foxy lady. Except it was pantygirdles at first. Mother wore a pantygirdle and stockings daily. Even for housework, lounging, etc. This was in the early 60's, and it was rather common for women to dress in this manner daily. I can still recall the absolute thrill of putting them on back then. I didnt understand it, And I felt some shame, But I knew even back then that this was something I "needed" to do....
I did do the typicall "boy" activities when i was growing up, but Never did I feel such joy and excitement as I did when I had the opportunity to put on mothers girdles, bras, sheer nylon stockings.
Now, as I am approaching 60 yrs old., My feeling of excitement for these items has Not diminished. They are essential for me when I dress...But Open bottom girdles became my preference after first trying one back in the 70's.

sweetjan
03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Nylons and panties stared it for me.

Linda Stockings
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
For me it was stockings, girdles, pantyhose, heels, makeup, dresses, skirts, blouses, and wigs, in that order. My first time for real (about age 12) it made me so giddy that I got dizzy and thought I was going to faint. Nylons were definitely what nailed me though, hook, line, and sinker. Super silky sheer ones were common back then, for both stockings and pantyhose (silkier than today's ultrasheer). Do you think they'll ever make pantyhose that sheer and silky again? Do you think the return of popularity in pantyhose and opaque tights will continue? I sure hope so! I'd still buy stockings and pantyhose even if the price quadrupled!

Enjoy,

Linda

girlfan
03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I started at about 4 years old ,getting caught by my aunt trying on her roll on girdle and stockings,I also remember being in bed with my mum at that age and thinking how nice her nylon nightie felt.By 8 years I was trying on my mothers girdle, stockings,and slips,around this time I was also trying my older sisters pantyhose ,knickers and dresses.I am now a complete nylon fetish crossdresser,I have an understanding wife although she dosn't get involved ,at the moment she is visiting relatives which has given me the chance to dress continuosly for a week so far,I can't imagine life without my stockings and pantyhose ,I now underdress fulltime including girdle and bra and full slip which gives me a strange shape under male clothes.

TracyBoy
03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
It wasn't nylons for me that first got me hooked- it was my mom's bra. Ever since I make sure I have a bra on when dressed. I progressed to my sister's dresses, then her high heels. When I finally tried on her nylons- I was hooked! I've kept my legs shaved for years just to feel that smooth sensation. Also progressed to long hair, pierced ears, painted toenails... when will it end! (I hope it never does!):brolleyes:

britney_me
03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
My first and still greatest Passion that drew me in is Bra's and still is but now I love everything female..all the wonderful designs, wild clothes, accessories etc. After Bra...for me yes stockings is the next thing that draw me in. But my love and fascination with women's clothing and design is too high and now it's fair to say..I love everything women wear.....and everything draws me in.

wearingtanpantyhose
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Panties and pantyhose together were my first real CD experience. I knew girls wore panties under their hose, so that's what I wanted to do, too. When I slid those white nylon panties with a little lace trim, it was absolutely electric.... so different from my scratchy boy's underwear. It really wasn't a sexual experience because I was too young, but it certainly had an immediate effect on me. I couldn't wait to try on the pantyhose I had fished out of the hamper, and when I pulled them up over my hips I knew I was "home." I couldn't see all my legs in my bedroom mirror, so I stood on the bed admiring my new pretty legs. It seems like only yesterday! And each new feminine item completed the image of who I wanted to be, the last being a wig and breast forms.

Today, I dress every day and it's a little more routine, but I still love the way wearing panties and pantyhose makes me feel.

sweetjan
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Panties paved my way and very close behind was pantyhose.

closetslave1
03-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Not really, with me it was skirts and blouses, preferably mid calf length and full, silky blouses or dresses. I also had a penchant for bra's and pantie girdle's, enjoying the constricting, harnessed feel that it gave me. I liked to wear my mothers high heels to, the teetering awkwardness of it all appealed to me a great deal. I am a real fan of bridal gowns, long evening dresses and other such wonders also, but never really had the chance to wear such things when I first began, and sadly do not really now either.

Wendy G
03-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Absolutely. 40 years later, they still thrill me. I love the feel on my smooth legs right now. They put me into this.

andreah
03-19-2011, 06:17 AM
for me yes I started off wearing my moms stockings when I was little , loved the feeling I got from them , when my sisters started to wear stockings I wore their stockings garters dresses and heels, then came pantyhose in the late sixties, I was in heaven, never looked back and still wear pantyhose all the time, and stay up stockings at times

Jaydee
03-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Technically, the first item that started me off into the CDing world were tights (US type). I was taking ski lessons at age 10. My mom gave me a pair of tights from a friend's daughter to keep my legs warm. I resisted at first, but once I wore them, I was hooked. A few years later, I found my mom's stash of old hosiery, including girdles in a back bedroom. Hosiery, primarily pantyhose became the focus, and an essential part of my dressing for the last 45 years.

Isn't it amazing how many of us started in this way?

Jaydee

Lois Page
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Pantyhose worked their magic on me followed shortly afterwards by panties. But it was a year before I discovered the incredible feeling of pantyhose covering shaven legs.
Lois

Rachel Lea
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Pantyhose started it all, then to skirts, and then high heels.

SandraInHose
03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Absolutely! I've ALWAYS had a pantyhose fetish, even before I knew what a fetish was. I remember as a very young kid (4 or 5) sitting on my mom's or aunt's lap and rubbing my hands on their knees. As I became a teenager, I would always get that anxiety whenever I'd see a pretty girl in pantyhose. I tried on my first pair when I was 13, and I was still pretty naive about things...had no idea what that sensation was but I enjoyed the hell out of it! Thankfully I was the right age to spend most of my dating years during the late 70's to mid-80's...prime years for pantyhose-wearing females. The woman I married was a daily wearer, although that isn't the reason I married her, but that fact didn't hurt things either.

I'm now 49, and still get that 'dry throat anxiety' whenever I see a woman wearing pantyhose...especially knowing that more than likely I'm also wearing some under my jeans. Pantyhose always have been the catalyst for CD-ing for me. Without them, I probably wouldn't feel the urge to dress. Perhaps that makes me more of a transvestic fetishist more than a crossdresser (according to some sites I've found), but labels don't really interest me anyway. Stockings and garter belts can be fun, but it's that all-encompassing feeling that I get from a nice pair of control-top Sheer Energy that makes me happiest.

samiam45
03-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Yes. My first memory of wearing any female clothes is my neighbor putting me in pantyhose and then a cheerleader outfit for a Halloween costume when I was about 8.

Pantyhose has always been the center of my dressing.

luv2dress01
03-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Guilty! also started in my early teens scrounging through moms drawers... I swear I would layer 4 panythose over one another, felt amazing! the rest is history.

VioletJourney
03-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Actually I don't think I've ever worn pantyhose or nylons. I've had such little opportunity to actually dress. I've only worn panties, skirts, camis, dresses, and messed around with a tiny bit of makeup. So far I've really only been able to fantasize about the rest, living it out through daydreaming and female characters in video games.

My main influence was skirts. When I was in middle school and just starting to notice girls, I couldn't help but notice that skirts just looked a lot less confining than pants, and kinda wished that men outside of Scotland could wear them. So at some point I decided to try on one of my mom's skirts, and fell in love with the femininity attached to the look. My CD fantasies just grew from then on.

Bree in Blossom
03-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Beyond any doubt, when hose first touched my legs I felt a surge flow through my body. There was no denying it. I had to look into the mirror because I was convinced I was not alone in my mother's bathroom -- some chick had slipped in without me knowing. Didn't take me too long to figure out where she was hiding. I remember I was young enough that I Dream of Jeannie was on every afternoon. Astronaut Tony rubbed a bottle and a beautiful girl magically appeared. I rubbed my nylon covered legs and a beautiful girl would magically appear within me.

I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Best of all, unlike television, my girl was real -- and available 24 hours a day.