PDA

View Full Version : what to do

TiffanyTgirl
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I am having a satellite dish installed next week. I have suddenly had a thought that I might do it as Tiffany. My neighbors wouldn't see me outside, only the installer when he comes in. Kind of excited, but slightly terrified. What do you ladies think?

JulieC
11-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Meh. I'm not big on using the expected arrival of an employee of some company I'm doing business with as a means to show myself en femme. If it happens by accident, then so be it. But, not planned. Just me I guess.

msginaadoll
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Well it would give the dish installer something to talk about. however when you end up with 300 channels of soccer from Peru and under water basket weaving you may realize you made a mistake. it is your house so you are free to do as you wish... however think of the installer.

AKAMichelle
11-04-2010, 05:50 PM
do it

Christie ann
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
You should be able to dress as you want in your own house. I am sure that the installer has seen it all and I am also sure that a story will be told. I say just do it!

Phoebe Reece
11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Go for it Tiffany.

eluuzion
11-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Most satellite providers have many installers on the payroll. (unless they farm it out) The nature of the work presents some serious exposure to potential legal actions arising from some event occuring at a residence. (whether real or fabricated).

I used to run a company that had 16 service techs in vans out on the road everyday making service calls. I can guarantee you that any company with that scenario has an HR dept with an intense focus on training the techs in the field to dodge any instance that they sense could expose the company to legal sanctions. So, don't be surprised if that tech disappears quickly or has a supervising "witness" show up as a "helper".

Just a heads up, in case you have not considered that "angle". Sounds good on paper, but could be a nightmare if the cards fall the wrong way...

jus sayin'....

regards,
"Bobby Buzzkill" hhehehee

Jason+
11-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm with JulieC on this one, and had the cable installer kept his end of the deal and called me when he was coming as promised I'd likely have changed before he got here. To his and his helpers credit they didn't bat an eye, shook my hand and went about the business of hooking up my internet and cable.

JOJO44
11-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Do you live in a small town?
The word might get around faster than their install time.
Just something to think about if you are not ready.

TiffanyTgirl
11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
It may be out because my son is out of school that day. If I can't find a sitter, then there is no way.

RachelRICD
11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
I have taken packages from UPS, The mailman and several furniture deliveries as Rachel with absolutely NO incidents.