PDA

View Full Version : Finally went to the mall

Tammy V
11-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Well it was the day before Halloween and I thought that would make it easier for the first time out en femme at a crowded place with all kinds of people. I drove up to Raleigh in the morning (could not do this in my little town) and transformed at my friend Laura's house. She goes shopping en femme all the time and has been wanting me to go with her for awhile and I had this opportunity so we ventured out.
It was a Very crowded Saturday and I was nervous walking from the car to go in Macy's. Another friend, Jessica was already inside and waiting to meet us. She is transitioning and lives most of her life female, so I think I was the only one petrified.

I was in a daze, and of course when we all met up at one of the make up counters I had to go to the bathroom. I found a unisex restroom (yayy) but there were several ladies waiting in line to get in, so I went upstairs to the ladies room. It was a big restroom with lots of women coming and going so I did not venture in, but went Back downstairs to the unisex restroom and waited behind a Hispanic woman standing with her 2 kids. The little boy was running around all over the place and I Hope thats why they abandoned their place in line and left me next up. When the person inside emerged (female employee) she smiled at me and I went in. I am not sure I really had to go but was more nervous than anything. Someone was knocking at the door over and over and even though I do have a good fem voice I didnt say anything, just finished up and walked out.

That business behind me we proceeded to walk around and look at shoes, etc. and I saw myself in the mirror and I realized my skirt might be too short for this place. I really do not think we were attracting much attention, but I felt self consious anyway. After walking around awhile we went outside the mall in front of a satellite store where the light was better for a picture. My friends were getting the camera set up when an attractive younger gg came up and asked if we wanted her to take our picture! Yes! She was nice, snapped a couple, asked us if we were going out and told us that we ladies looked nice. A little acceptance made me loosen up more when we went to a couple more thrift stores before calling it a day.

I have to admit that it was a little bit scary and weird to be out among that many "straight" people that day, but it was fun and I cannot wait to do it again. It will be soon, not Halloween eve and I might actually try on and/or buy something next time. I bought this sweater dress the day before at Penny's (in male mode) and do y'all think its too short. I should have worn tights with it, but I am used to wearing hose and had just shaved my legs so didn't wat to hide them.

Stephenie S
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Do I think the dress is too short? Yes I do. MUCH too short for a woman your age at the mall. However, do I think you look good? Yes I do. Very good. I can't imagine you will have any trouble "passing".

You look great. Three lovely girls.

Stephie

Michelle 51
11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
You girls all look good.I wouldn't read you walking by.Especily in a crowded mall.

Phoebe Reece
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Tammy, you look fine for a day of shopping. Yes, the dress is a little short, but it also looks fairly casual and you are wearing flats - so I really think it was OK. I like your hair as well.

Jessica Who
11-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Congratulations on your outing! Sounds like a lot of fun! I want to go shopping, I need some new clothes :D ... Great outfit, it's a little short but not too short and you pull it off well :)

Christy_M
11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
You all look great. I have to agree with th eothers about the dress length but you certainly look like you pass. Congratulations on your outing. I wish I had the courage to do this.

JOJO44
11-04-2010, 11:57 PM
I concur, it is a bit short.
But you look just like any other gal out shopping for the day.
So relax girl, no one is going to do or say anything but
"Hey honey, you free for a coffee?"

renee k
11-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi Tammy you look great. I think the sweater dress would have looked better with tights and boots. But thats a ladies choice, and that's what's nice about womens clothing. You can change the look to suit you. So now get out there and shop for those tights and boots! LOL!

Renee

linda allen
11-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Tammy, you look great. I wish I could do what you're doing. :daydreaming:

Jenna Stunned
11-05-2010, 08:29 AM
I agree with whats been said, Its a tad on the short side, But it looks fine on you. If I were passing by you I wouldnt even think twice that you weren't a GG. Congratulations on getting out shopping, That a huge step.