PDA

View Full Version : feeling ridiculous

Christie ann
11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I just love putting lipstick on while in the car and using the rearview mirror. Today I was putting lipstick on and all I could see was this guy's (me) face looking back and that momentary thought flicked through my brain. Why was I putting make up on and then going out to do errands. This is so stupid...

Fortunately it was just a fleeting thought.

Anyone else out there get the same thoughts?

Miss Lisa
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
At least once a week but I get over it pretty quick

Cassandra Lynn
11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I go out in full drab, but with mascara, eyeliner and colored lip gloss quite often. How much i use depends on where i'm going. And yes i ask myself once in a while "why am i doing this?" Simple really, cause i like it.
Feeling usually lasts for a few minutes, then off i go.
mj (Cassie)

Steph.TS
11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I love shopping for women's clothing, and accessories, at the start I was embarrassed but I can still get myself shopping, and I love it. well last weekend I tried shopping for lipstick and the SA laughed at me, I've yet to actually been increasingly thinking about how silling it is for me to shop for women's clothing, it's causing me to worry more about what others are thinking, will I ever buy lipstick or eye shadow (makeups that can't be bought buy a guy without admitting to being a CD/TG/TS)? when even I see myself in the mirror dress or something I feel bad when I see my beard...

Christy_M
11-04-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't typically mix drab and drag but there are times when transforming that I look at myself and think WTF am I doing...you are so obviously not a woman...

Stephanie Miller
11-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry to say I really don't think about Christy Ann, let alone Christy Ann putting on lipstick while I'm out driving around. My mind is to absorbed with thoughts of how good I feel. Sorry. :rofl::rofl:

Andy66
11-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Yep, yep. It can happen on the FtM side too sometimes. When I'm trying on men's clothes and they don't fit quite right, I think how much easier things would be if I would just behave like "other girls" and wear girly clothes. Then I remember, oh yeah... I don't like to. :heehee:

Sophie86
11-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I get that. It's like some guy in the corner of my brain wakes up and goes "wtf!?" I tell him to just go back to sleep, and everything will be fine. So far, so good. :)

erickka
11-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I get that. It's like some guy in the corner of my brain wakes up and goes "wtf!?" I tell him to just go back to sleep, and everything will be fine. So far, so good. :)

Here Here! You said it sister!

diane51
11-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Yeah I too get that WTF you doing thought. Sometimes I feel very self-conscious.

sherri
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
It happens to all of us from time to time, dear. I have learned to go with my feelings and not force it. If I feel like an ugly duckling -- or an idiot -- it's better to change my plans and do something else. Or avoid mirrors. ;-)

Karren H
11-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Can't say I've had that feeling... Not in the recent past at least... I wear makeup most every day and I feel it enhances my looks, no mater what clothing I'm wearing.

Jennifer Marie P.
11-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Really dont have that feeling anymore now that Im a woman.

Christie ann
11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone. I like how we can share on the forum and find out so many of us are going down similar pathways. I hope that soon I will be like Karren and makeup will just be part of my day.

donnalee
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Perfect!:lol:

Michaella
11-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Very often feel that way. Overall that's my feeling about my dressing femme. I love the feel of dressing, but . . . .The conflict is horrible.

Michaella

suchacutie
11-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Hmmm...because it's better? I am never without OPI Nail Envy. The "why" is because my nails have improved dramatically since I started wearing it. I look better in either gender because of it. I have brown eyelashes and eyebrows, but all my hair is lightening (greying as well) with age, and my lashes just look better with a slight coat of brown mascara, again, no matter what the gender. Ditto the moisturizing that goes on every morning before I leave the house. I don't see why improving my appearance shouldn't be good for both genders. At one physical a few years ago my family doctor told me to fight aging every way I knew. Why shouldn't we all look better, no matter what the gender?

Tina

Nikki A.
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree with suchacuie, a little bronzing powder will perk up the the face a little even at work. Off work add a little foundation and or concealer and a little shadow (not much though) and I look a even better & younger. When I dress up though I can go a little colorful and even get better.

audreyinalbany
11-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I get that "this is so stupid" thought every time I get girled up. I get over it.

Aprilrain
11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Yep, yep. It can happen on the FtM side too sometimes. When I'm trying on men's clothes and they don't fit quite right, I think how much easier things would be if I would just behave like "other girls" and wear girly clothes. Then I remember, oh yeah... I don't like to. :heehee:
ditto, only the other direction.

Ria
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, like WTF am I doing? Am I going insane? I get that sometimes... but then I put it into perspective for myself- this is deep rooted feminine expression that requires an outlet, among other things... If it doesn't get expressed I might become an angry negitive person that's incapable of true self expression. We are artists that paint our canvas through self expression.... gag! just kidding... I do believe that.

Jenny Doolittle
11-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I do exactly that Christie, I love wearing lipstick and for the most part don't go with out any on now.

I love to re-touch my lipstick in traffic at a stop light and then see if anyone noticed. It is just a thrill to maybe allow someone to be aware that a girly boy is sitting in traffic beside them.

msniki48
11-05-2010, 05:03 PM
What do you think GG's say? same thing:doh:

those that don't, don't put on makeup....those that do...Do:)

seee your thought process isn't to different form any other girl:battingeyelashes:

Hugs

nikki47
11-06-2010, 05:04 AM
I used to get these feelings often when i was younger,to the point that i wouldn't dress or put makeup on for weeks.Then in my 30's the urge came back really strong and though i do sometimes think why am i doing this,i mostly just live in the moment and realise this is a big part of me and makes me who i am today.I may not look the perfect woman,but when dressed inside i feel like one.I feel so lucky to be who i am.

Nikki

SherriePall
11-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I often get that "what am I doing" feeling when I am taking off my lipstick and make-up and he starts to show back up again.

Joanne f
11-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I go out with nail varnish and a small amount of eye makeup on and quite often think how others must think that i look silly as sometimes you see people giving you a second glance but the only reaction i have had said to me so far is " nice nails" from a sales assistant .

JenniferR771
11-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Oh sure. I think, "Why are you doing this? Are you nuts??!!"
Sigh. Its because I am a crossdresser--and I don't look good without this stuff.

Frédérique
11-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Today I was putting lipstick on and all I could see was this guy's (me) face looking back and that momentary thought flicked through my brain. Why was I putting make up on and then going out to do errands. This is so stupid...

How about thinking “This is so AMAZINGLY AWESOME!” I do that all the time…:battingeyelashes:

Hayley Comets
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I usually get it when I'm doing a morning run and I'm stuck jogging on the spot at the traffic light. I just get aware that my sports bra can be seen through my tank top and my girly accessories (pink watch, hairband around my neck etc etc) are being scrutinized by the other pedestrians waiting.

The usual thoughts would be like "omg omg omg I'm wearing a bra. omg omg omg turn green will you!" But it usually dissipates after I run off.

DianeDeBris
11-07-2010, 01:16 AM
How about thinking “This is so AMAZINGLY AWESOME!” I do that all the time…:battingeyelashes:

As usual, Frederique has perfectly captured the sheer joy I feel in allowing my feminine self out!

I often get that "what am I doing" feeling when I am taking off my lipstick and make-up and he starts to show back up again.

I so agree -- that is so often a sad moment for me!

sometimes_miss
11-07-2010, 04:35 AM
And this is why I never look in the mirror at home while dressed. All I can see is the pretty hair, clothes, jewelry, and shoes. Nothing to disturb the illusion.

Sarah Doepner
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
There are times when there is nothing I can do with my makeup or clothes to make it possible to see anything in the mirror but a guy wearing girl stuff and makeup and being an idiot. Other times I wonder where I ever got the idea I haven't always been female. I don't know what causes it. Quirks in the lighting? The phase of the moon? The quality of coffee I had that day? How my life has been going? Ozone? Changes in body chemistry? When I do see the guy and I'm feeling ridiculous I tend to keep working at getting around that feeling. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. I do know that regardless of who I see in the mirror, I know who I am and I'll be looking at the girl again one of these days.