PDA

View Full Version : What gets you in the mood when dressing?

rocktheplank
11-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I've noticed that lately, when I am getting dressed and doing the whole makeup/shaving thing, that I really feel the need to turn up some music and just get into the spirit of what I am doing. It may sound like an obvious choice, but I really love putting in my wife's Lady Gaga Fame CD and "Just Dance" while I am getting ready (that song especially) I can play the whole CD while doing all the stuff needed and it just really helps set the mood for me.

Is there anything like this for other people? Maybe not a song or music, but something to help set the mood and tone for what you're doing?

JustineFallow
11-05-2010, 01:59 AM
For some reason, I really like to listen to Goldfrapp when doing my makeup, particularly Supernature. Roxy Music does the job, too.

Rachael502
11-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Give me a beautiful sunny day and a bit of free time, and I'll be in heaven!!

Karren H
11-05-2010, 08:48 AM
I really enjoy watching a ice hockey when I dress... Something about crosschecking gets me in the mood for crossdressing! Lol.

Emily Ann Brown
11-05-2010, 08:51 AM
What gets me in to mood......breathing!!!

Em

Tina B.
11-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I wake up in the morning, and I'm in the mood!
Tina B.

tamarav
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Everytime I think to myself, "What will I do today?" I am in the mood...

deebra
11-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I agree with Em and Tina, just the thought of a sexy, curvy nicely endoued young, pretty woman with a tight skirt or jeans on, tight sweater showing a nice set of boobs and clevage walking thru the mall is enough to get me going. The thought of being that woman really get's me going.

Marissa
11-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Okay, I'll bite on this one :) I'm sure its different for many.. but I want to think that most of the replies above me are those who have incorporated dressing into their daily life or a good percentage of it.

I don't have that privilage so yes, I do throw on the tunes.. Shania, Cher..the Eagles :) again, depending on the mood. Now this is all from start to finish of getting ready..the rest will again depend on the mood.. such as I might put in Cher's FINAL FINAL FINAL TOUR DVD..lol

Hugs,
Marissa

Sarah Michelle
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Like some of the previous posts, it is the mood that gets me dressing rather than the other way around.
And it is the mood that drives the choice of clothing, dress vs skirt vs leggings......
lace vs cotten
heels vs flats......

Crissy Kay
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
A pile of dirty dishes in the sink gets me in the mood to get out one of my french maid outfits!!! I just have to decide how many petticoats I can wear with it at the same time and still reach the sink!!!

Cheryl T
11-06-2010, 03:14 PM
What gets me in the mood is getting my clothes out and deciding what to wear. I don't need any other stimulant...lol.

rocktheplank
11-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I guess I wasn't that clear with what I originally posted. I am already in the mood when I start to dress (thats why I am doing it!) I never listen to that poppy kind of music, and its pretty much girl music to me. But when I am dressing, I like to listen to music, and metal or hiphop isn't really the mood I and trying to set, but something like Lady Gaga or even some Brittney Spears just feels right for what I am doing.

I guess its a Pavlov's dog type deal, I was driving my wife's car to my night job the other night and since I dont normally drive it, I came across her Lady Gaga cd and started to listen to it. By the time I got to work I really wanted to put some make on lol

sometimes_miss
11-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Don't need anything to get me in the mood; for me, dressing as a girl feels normal. It's dressing as a guy that feels out of place.

Sally24
11-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I generally put some smooth jazz on the cd player. It's usually Mindi Abair because I like her style and her lovely voice. The smell of the shaving lotions that I only use when getting ready to go out also help set the mood. When I finally put my nylons on and put on just a touch of perfume, I'm there.............

Sophie86
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
The Pretenders -- Brass in Pocket & Talk of the Town especially. :)

Shari
11-08-2010, 05:30 AM
My music would be the sound of a slow and steady rainstorm when the sky is semi dark and the air is fresh and cool.

Other than that, I can never recall any one thing that made me decide to get dressed. When the thought hits me, it's rarely started by anything other than what my own mind decides.

funforall
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
what gets me in the mood is when i get up is thinking what a pretty female i am
jacklynn

Sheren Kelly
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
For me, it is laying out my clothes that gets the mood going, but I find that it gets helped along after a bath/body shave and a little perfume.

mywifeswoman
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I dont know what sets the mood, or have anything in particular to listen to, cuz most times, im just me and me with the wife. I can dress or stay boy mode at will I guess, if thats how to explain it. But......when that pink fog does set in, I just want to abandon all manly things and let Lauren come out and play. Wife loves it when she does come out at times, says her GF has come to visit!

suchacutie
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
When I'm ready to transform to Tina, the first thing I like to do is my nails. There is just something terrific about all the rest of the process when I have 10 lovely shiny red nails to watch. Much of what we do to transition has us watching our hands and it just sets the right tone for me!

Tina also enjoys a gin and tonic as she transforms :)

tina

DebsUK
01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Something mellow by a band like Zero 7 or Portishead when I'm getting ready. Portishead's Dummy is especialy good because it finishes with Glory Box which kind of knock Shania's obvious anthem into a cocked hat:cute:

Otherwise, Gaga is good, or some Kylie or Girls Aloud

Sometimes Steffi
01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Olifactory stimulation - Femme deoderant

I got dressed one time and put male deoderant under my arms as usual before putting on my top. I didn't realize what a kill joy the musk scent would be.

Since then I got several varieties of Lady Speed Stick. Even though the scent is subtle, it's enough to put me in a higher gear.

JL Walker
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
normally when I wake up and my partner it taking her daughter to school is the moment I make my mind up whether to dress or not to dress. its not a mood thing it more of a compulsion.. which I can't control.

bromleybarbie
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Any sort of class A stimulant, helps to get me excited.

Loni
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
to get me in the mood to put on a dress or a skirt....taking off my nightgown.

john7447
01-14-2011, 06:49 AM
music plays such a big part!

ke$ha is my stimulant :p