PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Mama San, or You Just Never Know Who is Sitting Next to You

Phyliss
11-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Second day at my part time job, and my first FULL day there. Yeah my feet are tired somewhat. Glad I wore my support hose and brought a comfortable pair of clogs to wear. Business was good today in spite of the rain in the morning. Cleared up by mid afternoon. Helped with fetching different articles of clothing as needed, recommending different styles, straightening racks, usual stuff. The best part of the day came after we closed shop in the evening. I**** has her birthday in November, ( being a good “suck up”) I invited her out for supper as a present.
Took her and her daughter (who knows and likes me as Phyliss, hasn’t ever actually met the “him” part of me).

I’d decided on a local Japanese steak house, where you sit around the grill as the chef puts on a cooking show while preparing your meal. Really good fun to see. The chef interacts with the customers and has quite the banter going on while he does his magic with those very sharp knives. During the back and forth talking he turned to me and asked the following question,
“Does Mama San want fried rice?”
Took me a second to grasp the enormity of the question and it’s full meaning. I smiled quite wide as I answered “Why, yes I would”. A little bow on his part as he scooped up a serving and placed on my plate.

Now, if you’ve never eaten at a place like this, each grill has seating for about 8 people and the restaurant will put people together to fill the table for the chef’s show. The three of us I****, her daughter and I were at one end, soon two couples were brought to our table. In a matter of a few moments we were all talking among ourselves as strangers will sometimes do in a situation like this. Next to I**** was the husband, who seemed like a decent fella. He and wife ordered some sort of large drink served in a bowl with two straws. Must have been some good stuff. By mid meal he was quite talkative.
He noted some ladies at the table next to ours and sorta asked in a quite voice if we thought they might be Lesbians, ( I have to admit two of them looked a bit “hard bitten” but that doesn’t mean anything) I answered that I wasn’t sure, as did I****.
Mr. “red shirt” (that was the color of his shirt) nodded his head as if to confirm his thoughts.
Toward the end of the meal he asked I**** and I if we were fans of a recent movie series (don’t remember the name) and both of us said that we weren’t. He went on to mention that he’d recently been in Seattle where it was filmed and didn’t bring back any souvenir of it to give his wife. Just couldn’t resist the obvious opening. Looked at wife and said that was worth at least 6 weeks on the couch. Wife looks at him and says “See, you listen to her, she knows what she’s talking about.” (OMG I’m greedy, when I get a ball rolling I can’t stop) …
Asked the rhetorical question of “If a man speaks in a forest and there’s nobody around to hear him, is he still wrong?” … She (wife) agrees with me. I**** picks up on this and says to him “Face it buster, you’re outnumbered” (gawd I love her) Red shirt gets the message and quiets down.
About this time I**** has to visit the powder room and “good old red shirt” just can’t let it go. He leans over to me and says “My wife agrees with me about those women being Lesbians” I give a half smile and say nothing just then. (can you see this one coming a mile away?)
I**** returns and I quietly say to her “Follow my lead” and give her a quick fill in about the Lesbian comment.
As we get up to leave, I move over the wife of “red shirt” and say, “You just never know who is sitting next to you.” turn to I**** and say “Isn’t that right honey?” and plant a big kiss on her.

Confronting bigotry face on and having the upper hand when doing so … PRICELESS

We walk out holding hands.
Did everything we could, to keep a straight face until we got in the car. Sat there for 5 minutes laughing our self silly At the expression on their face

Danni Bear
11-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Phyliss,

You are a baaaaaaad girl!!!!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

wish I could have been there to see their faces.

Danni

P.S. now straight to bed with you YOUNG LADY. You have more to get tomorrow.

Raychel
11-06-2010, 05:48 AM
What a fun story, Thanks for sharing it with us Phyllis

Danielle Gee
11-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Phyliss: It's now 6:55am where I live,and your story has brightened my whole morning (so for) GREAT JOB!!

Love: Danielle

Christina Horton
11-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a funny night. I hope since your a good "suck up" and gave her a great stroy to tell that she gives you a raise soon. I mean let's face it... How many times can you go out with the boss and not only kiss her ( in fun ) but have a great time.
I think you did a bang up job of ( sucking up ) lol. Sounds like a great place to work and it looks like you now gave two new girl friends to go out with.

Have fun and congrats on the new job and the two new friends!!!

SherriePall
11-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I guess that will make him think (if he can) twice before he says anything anymore. Sounds like that exit just capped off a wonderful day for you.

Tomara
11-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi Phyliss,
I'm glad you had another good day at your new job and a nice dinner with I**** and her daughter to celebrate her birthday.
It is funny and sad all at the same time how a lot of people just don't have a clue as to when to keep their homophobic views to themselves , maybe I**** and your exit will give them something to think about the next time they are in mixed company.
Thanks for sharing with us and have a great weekend.
Tomara

Tina B.
11-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Funny and wonderful story! love those type restaurants.
Tina B.

Chickhe
11-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Excellent! Perfect response... great story.

sterling12
11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
And The Best Part? Hopefully, these sorts of TRUE Incidents might finally inspire others to go out, and become part of Society! One "Truth" that always seems to become evident..."Our Fears and Perceptions about life never see to be quite as bad as we imagine them to be. You are now working and interacting with Society.....and it's a Big "No Sweat" Deal! I know there are plenty out there who don't believe it can be done. I think they are wrong. Over and over again, we witness Encounters like yours. I think Society is slowly, but inevitably changing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

brandi
11-06-2010, 07:40 PM
That is a great story. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
I love those japanese places. The food is fantastic.

Brandi

S. Lisa Smith
11-06-2010, 07:45 PM
What a great story!!!

ShannonDragon
11-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Love it! :GD: