PDA

View Full Version : Approaching another CD in public

Dixie Darling
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I've seen a lot of posts and questions about approaching or speaking to another crossdresser when you see on in a public setting. Many have reservations about doing such since they aren't quite sure what to say, how to say it, or what the reaction might be. Obviously some 'gurlz' would welcome the opportunity to open a conversation while others are too shy and nervous to do so. Also, some might become agitated when they know they've been read, while others may not.

If you can catch the person's attention, one way that might not be to intrusive would be to simply smile and give them a "thumbs up" sign. Sometimes this will put the other person at ease a little more and their facial expressions and/or 'body language' might be a hint that they would like to talk or speak to you. Has any one else found other ways to at least let the person know that you are a friend and not a critic?

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Wendy me
09-10-2005, 01:14 PM
i thought a while ago we said nice shoes works.....

JocelynG
09-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I think any kind of subtle compliment would go a long ways for them.I know I would feel more at ease when I'm out in public I like the nice shoes comment :)

Maddie Knight
09-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Anybody who compliments my shoes is a friend of mine.

MistyCD
09-10-2005, 04:08 PM
We did discuss this before, and I suggested that rather then saying "nice shoes", to say "Nice shoes, I have a similar pair in Red"! -- leaving a possible invite to them as a sister CD

misty

emmicd
09-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Dixie Darling,

You're a crossdressing celebrity!

You have a cool website and you are a contributor to the crossdressing book "My husband Betty" written by Helen Boyd among other things I'm sure!

I agree with you, a thumbs up is a good way to acknowledge a crossdresser. It's also a great way to compliment a female!

Emmi

MichelleGray502
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
yes a thumbs up saying is always a nice approch, but what i like best is when someones complients 'me outfit that i am wearing makes me fel real good 'bout meself and i am doing somthing right and makes me more passable then i thought i was to begin with. I have come in contact with cd sisters in public that i never met before and i always say what a nice outfit you are wearing and you look pretty good in it and most times i get a big smile and thank you from them and leads into a new friendship. that how it usually had worked for me, 'th shoes and thumbs up works well as many other nice suggestions will work as well.