PDA

View Full Version : An update plus I got "ma'am"ed today

Natasha Anne
09-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I was accosted by a car washer in Fourway Mall (South African shopping mall) today and she said to me, "Ma'am, can I wash you car". I was wearing lady's pants, shirt and brown mules, but other than that no makeup, just me and my steadily growing hair (not super long though, just enough to cover most of my ears). When I turned to say no, she apologised and I just had a chuckle and carried on walking :)

I just entered my 8th week of HRT, so it was pleasant. I told everyone who knows!

I just wish my face wasn't so scruffy! I let my facial hair grow for electrolysis, but previously used to Epilady it. It's ironic that part of transitioning requires ones facial hair to grow. I've always hated it, and never let it show, so I'm keen to get the first electrolysis sessions behind me (4 hours done and continuing on Monday)

Last week was my first full week of wearing lady's clothing to work. Nothing crazy, just slacks/pants and shirts. Fairly androgynous to most guys, except those that are fashion concious, and extremely noticeable to most women because I wear clothing of the same brand many of them do! One of the women was wearing the same shirt as me on Friday, so I said to her "nice shirt", which did not prompt a return response, just a glance and a little grin.

One of the other girls in the office wrote me an email on Friday with this bit to end off, "you’re honest to yourself. You do what makes you happy and I admire that – I wish sometimes I could live for myself :) " which was really cool to read.

I'm sure there are some nasty people saying things, but that hasn't reached me yet. My manager also made a fairly subtle approach to me to let me know I was welcome to speak with him. He knows a little about what I'm going on, but I have not confirmed with him that I am transitioning yet. I need to confirm everything is going OK when I visit my endochrinologist on 4 Oct, and then I'll start broadcasting the news, because around that time my psychiatrist will expect me to go full time RLT.

Rachael Warren
09-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Congratulations, it's a great feeling.
I hope that it happens to you many more times, sincerely.

Love, Rachael. :)

Tristen Cox
09-11-2005, 05:35 AM
:clap: Here's to you on embarking on the next voyage of life, may it be all what you've dreamt it was. And yes please keep us updated. :)

Vaerise
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow it must have been nice to be "Ma'am"

Goodluck on your new life, hope to hear more about your new experiences soon :)

JocelynG
09-11-2005, 12:59 PM
That must of been really nice Natasha. I wish you the best in your transition. It looks like things are going smooth so far.Keep us updated sweetie

MarieTS
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Natasha--I'm SO happy for you! Isn't it exciting? Kinda like going through puberty only you already know everything. :)
Oh, and don't let the naysayers make you feel bad. We're all in your corner. Enjoy!

Natasha Anne
09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the support. MarieTG, I love you comment about going through puberty but knowing everything, although I must admit my body is a little less familiar than it used to be.

I keep accidentally bumping my chest on things, so I'm learning the hard way. For example leaning over a table, or folding my arms in the male way :)

Natalie x
09-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for sharing, Natasha, some really "aahh" moments there.

I hope all your experiences will be as good as these and, yes, please keep us posted on your progress.

Natasha Anne
09-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Subconcious habits are hard to break. I'm still banging my chest by mistake!

Will I never learn :)

On the plus side, there are definite bumps behind my nipples now. Not just a tiny lump, but something more the size of a Smartie sweet. You can't see anything normally, but if my nipples contract when it is cold you can see they're changed slightly, which is encouraging!:rolleyes:

Priscilla1018
09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Good for you girl.I would have loved to see her face when you turned around and spoke to her.Best wishes.