PDA

View Full Version : Shoe question, high heeled thongs

MistyCD
09-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi girls, does anybody wear mid or high heeled thongshoes similar to the ones in the picture? If so, does your feet slide down against the thong, making them uncomfortable to wear? GG's are invited to reply to this as well.

Hugs misty

Kimberly
09-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Never in my life worn a pair like this... but I can imagine!

GG friends constantly complain about blisters inside FLIP FLOPS!! Let alone high heeled thong shoes.

Do you have a pair?
Best of luck with them, if you do. (I WANT THEM!!!) xx

MistyCD
09-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Do you have a pair?
Best of luck with them, if you do. (I WANT THEM!!!) xx[/QUOTE]

Are you serious, the shipping costs to the UK would be expensive !!! LOL

misty

Kimberly
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
All the best shoes are unavailable! :rolleyes:

Amelia Moxon
09-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Tall Girls do a realy classy looking pair, here's a pic they cost £60 though and you need to be a size 9 or larger to fit them. They are cute though.

Hugs
Michelle xxx

Tamara Croft
09-11-2005, 08:02 AM
You call those 'thongs'?? that's a new one to me..... but yeah we have those in the UK.... IMHO... they are uncomfortable and I wouldn't buy them. The flat ones are ok, but then that nasteh bit that goes between the toes has to be made of fabric, the leather/plastic type ones are very uncomfortable.

urban gypsy
09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I tried a pair of this style of shoes on the other week and found them very uncomfortable so didn't buy them. plus they didn't do my feet any favours as i am size 10 give me strappy sandles any day.

MistyCD
09-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Imagine that thongs for feet and your...er nevermind.... :p

Girl, you gotta get your mind out of the gutter....LOL

hugs misty

urban gypsy
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
its better to have your mind in the gutter, rather than in a glasshouse

Aly Cooke
09-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I bought a pair like those this summer, only went out in them once - they looked great but tried to cut my feet in half - I live, I learn!

CharleneCD
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
No matter what we are calling them, these are my favorite shoes. I find them to be the most comfortable pair I have ever owned, drab or fem. I liked them so much I bought two more pair in different colors.

Heelwearer2002
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM
in australia that sort footwear that has a piece between the big & index toe has been called thongs here all my life. (prety sure they originated here in australia) i think there uncomfortable too, althouh i have a few styles myself, & some with heels. i do love wearing them too with freshly painted nails. i have heard them in new zealand known as jandals...

Lissa Stevens
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a pair of black 2 inch heeled thongs. They are perfectly comfortable. It is not much different than slides. I have worn them for hours with no problem.

Dragster
12-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't like thong sandals because you can't wear stockings with them, and I just love the feeling of wearing stockings. I guess that applies to tights/panty hose too. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this yet!

Stocking lover,
Tony

Jodi
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Dragster, have you tried toeless hose? That's what they are made for.

Jodi

cosmolovesph
12-08-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't like thong sandals because you can't wear stockings with them, and I just love the feeling of wearing stockings. I guess that applies to tights/panty hose too. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this yet!

Stocking lover,
Tony

I would be in the same boat and toeless, i just can't quite accept that, love my toes in hose and being able to see them too!

freshfrankie
12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
I like the way thong sandals and shoes look but could never get used to the feeling of them between my toes. As for the other thongs. Ooooo LaLa! :)

Love
Jeannie

Kierci
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I have to agree with Tamara. I really hate things between my toes and I have got to have at least a strap on the back.

Tiffany Tuesday
12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi girls, does anybody wear mid or high heeled thongshoes similar to the ones in the picture? If so, does your feet slide down against the thong, making them uncomfortable to wear? GG's are invited to reply to this as well.
Hugs misty

Misty honey,

try using Party Feet, they are little clear plastic gel pads that sit under the ball of your foot and make killer high heels comfy for a night dancing. They also stop ones foot shooting down the high heel slide. They do the same job as that Pretty Polly hose with the dimpled soles .. but hose would be Nerd Central with thong sandals.

If not for sale in the US drug or shoe stores etc ... am sure i got a pair in Safeways before, so i bet they or similar must be ... i'd guess they could be found on a world wide eBay search. Should be about $5-10.

hugz
Tiffany x

Dragster
12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't like toeless hose either, I like to see painted toenails through the sheer nylon; it looks so much sexier to me, whether the toenails are mine (I wish!) or a GG's.
I couldn't wear anything between my toes either, because up to this year, they were all crossing over, due to my big toes bending away from one another, and causing bunnions amongst other toe problems. They've both been operated on this year (3 months on crutches for each) and are much better, but there's still an overlap (but no bunnion lumps). Unfortunately, there's not much upward mobility of my right toe yet (may come with time), so I don't know what heel height I'll be able to get into when it's fully healed. I've been in 5" spikes before (but only once) with little problem, so I've got my fingers crossed I'll be able to do it again.

Tony

BrendaChristine
12-09-2005, 12:31 PM

Stocking lover,
Tony

I was about to.

VeronicaMoonlit
12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I really hate to say this but: Hose with sandals is a fashion no-no. Really, it is, a major fashion faux pas.

And don't make it worse by wearing white hose with black sandals or shoes or black hose with white sandals or shoes. No opaque hose with sandals either. Please. don't be a fashion victim. :-)

And no suntan/toast/cinnamon hose either. they're tacky, the only colors in your drawer should be black, off black, and sheer nude as close to your own leg color as possible. (which might be toast/cinnamon/whatever if you're a "person of color") If you want "suntan" legs, then use self tanner or something.

None of this applies if you only dress at home, of course. And there's exceptions for those who can't shave their legs. But there are "unspoken rules about fashion" and you'll get more attention (negative) if you break them.

Veronica

Jodi
12-09-2005, 08:59 PM
I am going to quote a couple of gg friends with whom I go out. "You can always tell a tranny. She is the one wearing hose with sandals". They have also said that they cringe when they see a cd wearing black hose and white shoes.

As said in the above post, if you dress at home, don't worry about any of this. But, if you are one who is concerned about passing when going out, please heed this about fashion faux pas. Many women are brutal when it comes to being the fashion police.

Jodi

Staci
12-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Very uncomfortable. Your weight continues to push you down on a high heel. But I really don't like the flat ones either. I prefer the strappy sandals to these. The thongs look great but I just can't wear them very long.

Kierci
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I tried telling someone else that about black and white and ended up becoming an a*@Hole. But you both are correct on that although the nylons and sandles all depends on the style sandle or you can go with the footless nylonns in that situation.

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 02:43 PM

Hugs misty

I love wearing sandals like those, especially with pantyhose!! (Take THAT, Veronica!!)

MistyCD
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=VeronicaMoonlit]I really hate to say this but: Hose with sandals is a fashion no-no. Really, it is, a major fashion faux pas.

What about wearing hose with dress or evening sandals ????? Hmmmm!!!

VeronicaMoonlit
12-10-2005, 09:19 PM
What about wearing hose with dress or evening sandals ????? Hmmmm!!!

Here's a thread from last year in AF (USENET newsgroup alt.fashion)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fashion/browse_thread/thread/b5f1c547daab0002/44cc5f1436fd938e?lnk=st&q=group%3Aalt.fashion+hose+sandals&rnum=25#44cc5f1436fd938e

The consensus is, open toe shoe means no hose. Though I have seen very sheer hose worn with dressy/evening sandals in winter. By very sheer I'm talking 7 denier. as sheer as you can get.

Veronica

cosmolovesph
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Here's a thread from last year in AF (USENET newsgroup alt.fashion)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fashion/browse_thread/thread/b5f1c547daab0002/44cc5f1436fd938e?lnk=st&q=group%3Aalt.fashion+hose+sandals&rnum=25#44cc5f1436fd938e

The consensus is, open toe shoe means no hose. Though I have seen very sheer hose worn with dressy/evening sandals in winter. By very sheer I'm talking 7 denier. as sheer as you can get.

Veronica

Well Veronica, I too don't agree, but do your own thing, but i DON'T really like or want to hear from people that ....
YOU CAN'T or YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO or FASHION SAYS, cuz if you go down that road "techincally" all (most) of us would be in the "you are not supposed to wear ........ , that's for women..." :rolleyes:

Excuse me as I get off my soapbox ;)

Jodi
12-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I think some of you are missing the point that Veronica is making. Noone is telling anyone what to wear. There are numerous threads on this MB about passing in public. Women will pick out a fashion faux pas and will then begin to visually pick everything else apart and the read is done. The point is--many women are slaves to fashion and will respond to peer pressure. The fashion mode now for sandals and open toe shoes is-no hose. When I worked the floor for the Limited a while back, their dress code specifically stated that if a girl wore sandals or open toe shoes, NO hose will be worn.

Each of us may dress as we please, but remember, when we go out in public, we are under the scrutiny of the fashion police. Certain things are sure to get us read. Hose with sandals and dark hose with light shoes will get you read every time.

Jodi

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
I think some of you are missing the point that Veronica is making. Noone is telling anyone what to wear. There are numerous threads on this MB about passing in public. Women will pick out a fashion faux pas and will then begin to visually pick everything else apart and the read is done. The point is--many women are slaves to fashion and will respond to peer pressure. The fashion mode now for sandals and open toe shoes is-no hose. When I worked the floor for the Limited a while back, their dress code specifically stated that if a girl wore sandals or open toe shoes, NO hose will be worn.

Each of us may dress as we please, but remember, when we go out in public, we are under the scrutiny of the fashion police. Certain things are sure to get us read. Hose with sandals and dark hose with light shoes will get you read every time.

Jodi

Yes, they are. You and Veronica seem to be fronting for the fashion Nazis trying to do away with pantyhose altogether. Whatever happened to being yourself? That's what cross dressing is about, at least for me. I have seen women (and I KNEW they were women) of all ages in the fairly recent past wearing hose with sandals. It's not a guarantee of being read. The next time I go out in public, I'm wearing tan pantyhose and sandals, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my pantyhosed ***.

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Those who decide what is fashionable treat women who wear hose with sandals like horrible, gangrenous lepers. They are looked down on with no more regard than anyone else would regard a cockroach. That kind of judgemental behavior is just wrong, and (I hope you're reading this, Tammy) not appropriate for this board. Cross dressing is about individual expression, and it shouldn't matter how a sister chooses to dress when going out. But, apparently to Veronica and Jodi, it does matter, and that's just sad. :mad:

I have heard women refer to other women who wear hose and sandals as "nasty", "wrong", and worse. Shame on you two for helping promote that kind of hate among your sisters. :flamemad:

dawnmcdaniels
12-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I wore 5 inhch sandals on halloween for 9 hours and I had to get what is called Mole Skin (Any Drug store foot care dept.)with one adhesive side that stuck at the ball of the shoe preventing me from sliding down. wasnt to uncomphy

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
I wore 5 inhch sandals on halloween for 9 hours and I had to get what is called Mole Skin (Any Drug store foot care dept.)with one adhesive side that stuck at the ball of the shoe preventing me from sliding down. wasnt to uncomphy

Did you wear pantyhose with your sandals, because if you did, according to Veronica and Jodi, you'll get read more quickly than if you were wearing a big neon sign saying, "THIS PERSON IS A CROSSDRESSER". :mad:

VeronicaMoonlit
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
YOU CAN'T or YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO or FASHION SAYS, cuz if you go down that road "techincally" all (most) of us would be in the "you are not supposed to wear ........ , that's for women..." :rolleyes:

Quite true. I'm referring mostly to passing concerns and fitting in. And women (and especially those teenage girls, eyes like eagles) do notice the little things, which will get you more scrutiny which can lead to being clocked.

There's an age thing too, people who grew up wearing or seeing hose with sandals aren't used to the new "rule" yet. Which explains why most of the female-at-birth hose and sandal wearers I see are 50+. People in my age range and younger have tended to adopt the change.

No value judgement on my part either way, it's just one of those "unspoken rules". Most of us want to look as much like the "real thing" as possible, right? (at least when we're out in public, private dressing is different)

Veronica

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
No value judgement on my part either way, it's just one of those "unspoken rules". Most of us want to look as much like the "real thing" as possible, right? (at least when we're out in public, private dressing is different)

Veronica

Since when do we have to abide by "those unspoken rules"? If you're self-confident and act naturally, it shouldn't matter how you dress. I refuse to kowtow to some elitist fashion world notion, especially because you say we have to.

DanaJ
12-10-2005, 11:00 PM
OK - enough is enough. Please do not argue here, no one is trying to force anyone else how to dress here - period! Everyone has expressed their opinions, let's move on please...

VeronicaMoonlit
12-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, they are. You and Veronica seem to be fronting for the fashion Nazis trying to do away with pantyhose altogether.

No, on the contrary, I always keep hose around. I just wouldn't wear them with open toe shoes. Women don't have the emotional attachment that some of us do with hose. They're just a fashion accessory to them and they can take them or leave them and more often leave them these days.

Let's put it this way, what would you say to those CD's who have an emotional bond with crinolines and petticoats. Wearing those with a 50's dress to the mall would get one increased scrutiny, correct? Fashion changes and we can either adapt/adopt or not. But doing the "not" means you will "stick out" more than others and the last thing many CD'TG's want is to "stick out", which increases the likelyhood of not passing. If your goal is passing, if not then it doesn't matter.

Whatever happened to being yourself?

Nothing. Crossdressing in general is being yourself. Making the choice to wear pantyhose with sandals is a fashion decision and not as deeply involved with issues of self.

That's what cross dressing is about, at least for me.

Kudos to you.

I have seen women (and I KNEW they were women) of all ages in the fairly recent past wearing hose with sandals.

So have I, but it's very uncommon (especially on younger folk). And becoming less so every year.

It's not a guarantee of being read.

Correct, but it will increase the scrutiny you get.

The next time I go out in public, I'm wearing tan pantyhose and sandals, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can kiss my pantyhosed ***.

More power to you.

Veronica

KathrynTX
12-10-2005, 11:11 PM

Stocking lover,
Tony

There is a type of pantyhose that can be worn with thong sandals. They're called Tohos (just google it) and are designed to provide the wearer with increased flexibility when choosing what shoes to wear with pantyhose.

Lawren
12-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Actually I have exactly the opposite problem with shoes like that. I have trouble keeping them on my feet as they are always sliding off when I walk.

Love,

Lawren

Laura Jane
12-11-2005, 12:14 PM
I bought a pair of flat 'Thongs' from M&S and when I first tried them on they were impossible, my toes went into convulsions etc.

But after a few tries they became more and more comfortable and now they are one of my best buys. I suppose they are like contact lenses, they hurt like hell at first and soon you think what was all the fuss about.

Dragster
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
There is a type of pantyhose that can be worn with thong sandals. They're called Tohos (just google it) and are designed to provide the wearer with increased flexibility when choosing what shoes to wear with pantyhose.

Thanks for this information KathrynTX, I didn't know such things existed! Unfortunately, there's many reasons I won't be following this up. I prefer stockings to tights (more sexy, to me), I don't get the opportunity to wear shoes much anyway (wife is anti at present.....big talk coming soon, I hope), and the real killer, my big toes have grown sideways over the years (condition inherited from my mother, but not due to wearing high heels, like my doctor joked...he,he if only he knew!). I've had two straightening operations this year (6 months on crutches in total), but they're not completely straight and there's no gap for a thong. Also, no high heels for me yet.....boohoo! In time, maybe, those 5" strappy stilettoes which have a "buy me now" label on them will be on my feet.....Fingers (and toes!) crossed!

Tony

stlmichelle
12-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I have never worn shoes like that and I don't mean to get my head chopped off, but there are hose avaliable for those shoes and they are not toeless. I forget the link but they are called toehose. The big toe is separate from all the other toes so you can wear hose with thong type shoes. Just my two cents.
Michelle

stlmichelle
12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I missed Katheryns post sorry