PDA

View Full Version : Correct CD Protocol

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Now, as a newbie here, I feel comfortable enough to ask a few questions knowing I am amongst female personas such as myself.

When addressing another CD/TV in e-mails I have a habit of addressing these gurls as honey and sweetie along with their female persona name. Am I breaching any rule here? Never had any complaints but just like to get an input. Thank you.

Rachael502
11-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Just PLEASE don't call me "Dear"!!!! We like to be called by our names, certainly, and more familiar terms if you know me......make sense?

Michelle James
11-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Please hun be a dear and address me by my name until you have at least bought me drinks. OK sweety.

LOL

Hugs

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Got it. Yeah I don't the the "dear" either Thanks for the input

Karren H
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
God I hate.... (in he following order).... GURL, Honey, Sweety, Hun....... How about just calling them by their name???? There are no rules here..... I just have my rules.........

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Got it Michelle. If I were near Michigan I would buy you those drinks. Thank you again.

Hi Karren,

Well, I found one way to get lots of responses. rangeing from not only no but HELL NO. My cheek is stinging even thru the internet mist. Very attractive you are and PA is very lucky. Thank you so much for the reply. Hope to bump into you from time to time in this adventure(and learning experience) of crossdresser.com

leggylucy14
11-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I prefer name (or username!) too. I do think that aversion to 'love' 'hun' 'sweetie' etc is down to the maasculine side of me however.

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Thx Lucy That is certainly the majority. In this case will listen to the majority tho am bit of a rebel. thx again

Sophie86
11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Maybe it's a southern thing, but I don't mind being addressed that way.

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Hi Sophie, you are definitely in the minority in replies. Thank you so much for your comment. If I may say you are very attractive

docrobbysherry
11-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi, CCT. When I first joined here, those kind of references freaked me out! I naively thot I was being hit on! Lol!

Now, 3 years later, I take it as a sign of; compassion, acceptance, and friendship! And, I catch MYSELF doing it!

Presh GG
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm a GG and when people use those terms it's universally taken as a put down in the GG world .

Presh GG

Jorja
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I prefer Jorja but you can call me anything except bitch. That is reserved for my special friends. :D

Sandy Banks
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Anything, but "hun"........................yukkkkk!!!!!!!:doh:

Stephanie Miller
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Whatever name I get called by is fine with me - as long as the person is sincere and it doesn't sound like it's forced in order to elevate thier "femaleness". ( that's an old word I just made up :heehee: ). I just enjoy people on a whole as long as they aren't fake.

Debb
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM
"Beth" works for me. I guess I'm not progressive enough, or Southern enough, to let "sweetie" or "dear" passwithout a comment.

Sophie86
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm a GG and when people use those terms it's universally taken as a put down in the GG world .

Presh GG

"Universally" takes in a lot of territory. Ladies here in the south use those words to address each other in a friendly manner all the time, and I've had them address me that way as a male. I also watched my wife blast a salesman once for calling her "honey", but that was in a very specific context where it was obvious that he was using the word to pat her on the head. If it's kindly meant, women in the south do not mind it.

AlexisWest
11-10-2010, 12:12 AM
you can call me any of those, just don't say 'sir' or 'mister'

LOL

Christy_M
11-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I certainly don't have a depth of experience being out but being treated with respect is certainly welcome however they get my attention. Disrespectfully calling me by my name is more offensive...

kynw08
11-10-2010, 12:56 AM
I guess I'm wierd....I use those terms when talking to a female, trans or not, that I'm friendly with. It's a southern thing for me, kind of like Ma'am...

cctgurl
11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Ah, a definite reason as where this is a problem. Thank you so much. I shall be minding my "terms". Am a cat lover myself and work with ferals from time to time. Thx again

Ha, LOL back Thx

Thank you so much for the comment.

suzy1
11-10-2010, 03:57 AM
When I first joined crossdressers, having spent my entire life on my own as Suzy and was referred to as girl, I spent the rest of day walking two feet off the ground. It was wonderfull.

SUZY

Rianna Humble
11-10-2010, 05:38 AM
I don't think that acceptance of terms like that is a purely southern phenomenon, but neither are they universally used as a put-down. I have a friend in the North who calls me Chick or Hon and it doesn't worry me - she also uses those terms to other girls she knows.

Most of my friends and acquaintances call me Rianna and a few very close friends shorten that. When I want to stand on my dignity, I will use my full three names.

Kate Simmons
11-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Not really. I call everyone honey and sweetie, except maybe for guys who think they are "jocks".:heehee:

JohnH
11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
God I hate.... (in he following order).... GURL, Honey, Sweety, Hun....... How about just calling them by their name???? There are no rules here..... I just have my rules.........

Here in the South (Dallas, TX) I get called Honey, Sweetie, or Hun even when I am in drab! So guys are not exempt from those titles!

you can call me any of those, just don't say 'sir' or 'mister'
LOL
I hear women getting addressed as "sir" at times.

Crissy Kay
11-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Maybe it's a southern thing, but I don't mind being addressed that way.

Although I am from the north, I don"t mind that either!! Maybe its because my heart belongs to Dixi!!

Marissa
11-10-2010, 09:51 AM
"You don't have to call me 'darlin'..darlin.. you don't have to call me 'Merle Haggard'.."

Hmmm..that song just came to mind as I read through the posts :D

So I had to reach for my writing pad to jot down who likes to be called what and who doesn't..so I don't offend. :heehee:

A few years back, my step-son (at the time) was attending a high school near New Orleans, when during our visit to see his counselor, informed me about being offended. So I asked him to explain. He said the counselor kept referring him as 'honey' or 'sweetie' and it bothered him. He saw those as words of affection so in his mind it was like she was taking a liking to him.

So I had to explain that as the woman was about 40 and from that area (the south) that it was common terms used and not meant to offend. Yes, he has the right to ask not to be called that if it bothered him that much, but in no way was it being offensive.

I do find myself using those terms when dressed or writing on here at times. Not overly stated though, but sometimes in a post or PM, using 'Sue' or 'you' twenty times get old.

And how about the term 'guys' ???? does it mean males, females or a just a gaggle of people.. :D

So please, use the terms you wish and if someone is offended, they will let you know or never talk to you again.. its life :heehee:

Hugs,
Marissa

Janet Bern
11-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I prefer dropping the huns and dears.. Call me Janet,,