PDA

View Full Version : The pros and cons of crossdressing

linda.wai
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a strong feminine side and the urge to CD for days and outdoors is always there. Due to family and work circumstances, I cannot do that often. In where I live, CD is regarded like a sexual offense, similar to up skirt photography.

I have to decide whether to CD in the opportunity coming up soon. I therefore want help to draw up a to do list and help me make rational decisions.

PROS
Great fun to walk around town, socialize and shop as a girl
Love feminine clothes and attire
Love the feeling of showing off my hairless leg
Love feminine postures and speaking like a lady
Intimate relationship, kissing and more with guys ! Wow !
Relaxing
Exciting time

CONS
If uncovered will wreck my family and career for sure - may loss all I have
If uncovered will cause pain to my unaccepting SO
Weeks of preparation is troublesome
Preparation will distract me from doing my job well in next few weeks
I can't bear the freak treatment again I had when outted last time
Cost
Sometimes, my urge to CD would suddenly disappear in the middle of a CD trip and that means aborting my holiday and leaving after a day or so
Weeks of uneasiness hiding my shaven legs and long nails etc from others/ SO

cctgurl
11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi Linda,

Am a newbie here but I do have a couple of comments if for no other reason I am most likely older.

first comment. Like me you must have had this "itch" for some time. It must a fairly strong urge as you have taken chances before. I KNOW, been there. Always worried about the being found out. Can't tell you how many outfits (and toys) I have gotten rid of and then the "won't do that again" only to try again some time later.

second comment. This is just one female persona opinion and I am not in your shoes(I hope really high heels-ha). Be careful but DO experience what you can while you can. I am at the upper end (mid 60's) and wish I would have been able to experience all this while I was younger and very attractive.

Oh about the change in desire. Thought that was just me. Mostly fear but also just ran out of the want of it. thank you as I know there are others who go thru the same.

juno
11-09-2010, 10:23 PM
The only real CON is fear of public exposure. The other cons are no different than any other hobby. Without hobbies, what is life for? If we all were out in public every day, the public exposure problem would mostly go away. Let's all try to work toward that day.

Karren H
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
CONS...... Wife hates it..... Overly complicates your life...... Have to hide and lie and steal...... Costs a fortune..... Not accepted by society... (yet) .... Can't quit.... Driven to crossdress..... Splits up marriages and familys.... Isolates you from your friends and family

PROS.... Smell nicer than the average male.......

Probably a few more Pros but combined they can't even come close to equaling the cons... imho....

linnea
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
For me, the PROS now heavily outweigh the CONS since I have come out to my family and some friends.

Presh GG
11-09-2010, 11:48 PM
The " kissing and more .. Wow ? " will cause more pain to your SO than all the pros and cons put together.

Are you sure you want to do this to her ?

my 2 cents
Presh GG

Tanya C
11-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I agree with Presh. Gettin with other men may just prove to be the big issue with your SO.

Christy_M
11-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I agree with Presh. Gettin with other men may just prove to be the big issue with your SO.

Aside from the monogamy issue, if you catch something, it could certainly hurt you both physically and emotionally.

linda.wai
11-10-2010, 12:45 AM
The only real CON is fear of public exposure. The other cons are no different than any other hobby. Without hobbies, what is life for? If we all were out in public every day, the public exposure problem would mostly go away. Let's all try to work toward that day.

The risk of public exposure is catastrophic. Please allow me not to elaborate more but I know my risk assessment is not exaggerated.
Therefore, even though a major CON is fear of public exposure, the risk will cost me my career and all that I care for.
It is still worth it ? ANY rational mind will say no.
Yet, the girl in me will persist to get me to carry on.

Aside from the monogamy issue, if you catch something, it could certainly hurt you both physically and emotionally.

You are right ! That is one great deceiving and immoral act to get intimate with men behind my SO's back when she is trusting and loving.
Especially for someone who is not gay and only wants to try that for fun.
The risk for disease is also a factor.

Hi Linda,

Am a newbie here but I do have a couple of comments if for no other reason I am most likely older.

first comment. Like me you must have had this "itch" for some time. It must a fairly strong urge as you have taken chances before. I KNOW, been there. Always worried about the being found out. Can't tell you how many outfits (and toys) I have gotten rid of and then the "won't do that again" only to try again some time later.

second comment. This is just one female persona opinion and I am not in your shoes(I hope really high heels-ha). Be careful but DO experience what you can while you can. I am at the upper end (mid 60's) and wish I would have been able to experience all this while I was younger and very attractive.

Oh about the change in desire. Thought that was just me. Mostly fear but also just ran out of the want of it. thank you as I know there are others who go thru the same.

Yes you are right. However, I have experienced a lot as a CD. Ive been to Southern comfort, travelled around USA and UK and Australia. Spent lots of time with ladyboy learning their craft in Thailand when I was younger

Danni Bear
11-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Linda,

(Intimate relationship, kissing and more with guys ! Wow ! ) a pro?????

(If uncovered will cause pain to my unaccepting SO ) definate con

Those two statments can get you in a world of trouble.
I agree with Presh on this. or to put it another way. how would you react and feel if your SO did what you are considering to you?
Danni

mklinden2010
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
away.

kimdl93
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm entirely OK with intimacy with guys, so long as your SO is aware of your preferences and you are taking appropriate precautions against disease.

Other than that, you're free to enjoy CDing, whether rational or irrational!

Kate Simmons
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
For myself the main pro was I used it as a vehicle to get in touch with myself and my feelings and it made me feel free. The main cons were the cost and the high presentation maintenance.:)