PDA

View Full Version : Turn back time

Missy
11-10-2010, 11:20 PM
If you could turn back time to the point that you started crossdressing, would you stop yourself form doing it? Most of the time I think about this I would stop myself 90 percent of the time but hey I would not be the person I am today

Tanya C
11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
No I would't try to stop because it would be futile. I started crossdressing because I'm TG, I didn't become TG as a result of my crossdressing.
There's a difference.

Shelby
11-10-2010, 11:30 PM
90% no and 10% maybe. It would be easier to not have this secret that I know I would have to eventually share with whomever I will be married to but what I have learned about women is astounding to me. It has allowed me to see how they live life and what work there is at being attractive or dealing with daily issues and I have only ventured out a few times. Nothing good ever comes from messing with time unless you are Marty McFly.

Danni Bear
11-10-2010, 11:32 PM
to turn back time to when I started.
An interesting thought but I don't really think that I would have done much different than I did.
without those years I wouldn't have the wonderful kids and grandkids I have. Nor would I have had the one person in my life that has made all my happiness possible. So yes I regret not doing some things earlier but to stop myself before I even knew what or who I am, no I wouldn't

Danni

juno
11-10-2010, 11:58 PM
No, I would have started much sooner.

Jay Cee
11-11-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd only go back and tell myself that it was perfectly okay, and that there is no reason to feel ashamed of it. Oh, and I'd get on that counselling waiting list that much sooner.

Loveday
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I would of started earlier.

Diane Smith
11-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I didn't "start" at one particular time, but increased my dressing gradually over many years. I think the urge to do it was always there and would have come out one way or another even if I had stopped myself from dressing at some particular moment.

If I were starting again and knew what I know now (hard to fathom, since I was quite young when I first realized I was attracted to women's clothes), I would probably be even more active and much, much more open with my mom and others around me. I could have accomplished so much more at a young age if I'd been paying more attention to grooming, fashion and makeup back then.

- Diane

sometimes_miss
11-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Wasn't exactly my choice; mom dressed me in my sister's clothes when very young, and of course then there was the molester that dressed me in his sister's clothes and had me convinced that I was supposed to have been a girl. There were a lot of things messed up about my childhood; sure, I'd gladly go back and live a more normal life. But we don't have that option.

MichelleBCD
11-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I'd only go back and tell myself that it was perfectly okay, and that there is no reason to feel ashamed of it.

Well said!

Sheila11
11-11-2010, 01:13 AM
I've thought about this a lot. Turn back time, you bet. Keep crossdressing? There would be no need. I would be all girl before I turned 20.

cctgurl
11-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Very interesting question. I have a specific viewpoint now that I am older and on the cusp of the backside of the ageing curve. I absolutely would have started much earlier. For a long time I let the society mores dictate me not engaging in something I considered interesting and exciting. Life is very short and I have always wanted to explore many parts of it.
For another thing I think I would have been quite something with all that tight skin(gee there is that vanity again). (tee hee).

Another thing is even ten years ago there were not the knowledge or access or how to that is now available on the internet. Back then I thought I was the single wierdo and had no idea there were others like me. So if I could offer a comment to someone it would be--go for it. try it all enjoy it. Just leave yourself an "out" back to the real(somewhat ugly) world if it does not have the same attraction. If your don't imbibe how will you know cctgurl

suzy1
11-11-2010, 03:39 AM
And miss being Suzy? no way! I love my life.

A happy, SUZY

erickka
11-11-2010, 06:27 AM
No Way!! I just wish that when I started there was all of the support (such as all of you girls) and all of the products geared toward people like us. Maybe it would have been much easier back in the 60's.

Loni
11-11-2010, 06:34 AM
if i could go back in time with what i know today, i would have enjoyed my self so much better, as back then i did not know what was with me other than one did not put on womens clothing or you were a gay boy, a weird-o, a pervert, etc.
to know and have the kind of support as today life would have been grand.

Rita C.
11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
No, bing transgendered is a great gift. My doctor asked me once, that if he had a pill to stop all of this, would I take it, I told him NO, for that would be killing some one very close to me.

Karren H
11-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Yes!! In a heartbeat... If my mother had just locked her stupid closet door my life wouldn't be so overly complicated... Yeah I wouldn't smell as nice... Lol.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2010, 07:35 AM
I think if you did that you would create a time paradox and cease to exist.:)

Tasha T
11-11-2010, 07:43 AM
"I've thought about this a lot. Turn back time, you bet. Keep crossdressing? There would be no need. I would be all girl before I turned 20."

Me too.

charly_germany
11-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I accepted at an early age that I'm me and there's no reason to change. Staying true to myself, being both male and female depending on how I feel wasn't always easy. But I managed for the most part to not compromise to much. Now that I'm older, I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the world. She knows that daddy wears panties just like mommy and thinks its totally normal. If anything if I could turn back time, maybe I would not have thrown out so many clothes LOL, you know how much they cost??? LOL

Stephenie S
11-11-2010, 07:59 AM
I wonder why you think you could have stopped. You seem to think you can't stop now. Why do you think you could have stopped then?

Life is full of woulda, shoulda, couldas.

MargaretJ
11-11-2010, 08:17 AM
No,I really enjoy crossdressing. If I could go back in time, I would go back to the point, where I finally had my own home, and tell myself to get more into it. Those 15 years where I just dipped in and out of CDing, was a bit of a wasted opportunity.

JohnH
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM
If I did it over again, I would have started cross dressing much sooner!

dominique
11-11-2010, 09:02 AM
In one word no. I felt drawn torwards women's clothing anyway and the enjoyment I've had throughout the years is worth it.

Christie ann
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I too would have started earlier and perhaps done more at that earlier age

Angie G
11-11-2010, 09:23 AM
No way would I go back to stop. It's a good think in my life. Maybe I 'd go back and tell my wife sooner.:hugs:
Angie

Jordan
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
I wish I would have keep going when I was younger I just love to have boobs and being dressed in womens cloths just feels so normal for me I just cant get enough of it

StaceyJane
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
If I could turn back time to my early 20's I might have gone full time.
I never had a choice about crossdressing, it was just a matter of how much I would let myself do.

JulieC
11-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Sure, I'd stop. Of course, it would be as successful as saying "No, I won't eat'.

I'm a firm believer that being transgendered is something you're born with. To repress it to the point of never expressing it is to induce all manner of problems in your life. You think you have it bad being a crossdresser? Try being a crossdresser and never, ever, ever being allowed to dress. Hell on Earth.

kimdl93
11-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't think that turning back time would change the way I feel about CDing. Its an innate part of me.

missjoann49
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Wasn't exactly my choice; mom dressed me in my sister's clothes when very young, and of course then there was the molester that dressed me in his sister's clothes and had me convinced that I was supposed to have been a girl. There were a lot of things messed up about my childhood; sure, I'd gladly go back and live a more normal life. But we don't have that option.
My situation is somewhat like yours..my mom started dressing me at the age of 3 or 4 whenever my dad wasn't home..she had wanted a girl and I was an only child..this went on until about my first year of high school and then she just stopped..it was a shock to my system as this was the only life that I knew..so if I could turn back time I would in a heart beat, and would have tbecome the woman I was ment to be

Makayla
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
If i could turn back time i dont think i would have tryd to stopped my crossdressing, i think i would have embraced it alot more and come out to the my family earlier maybe moved to the city where its more social accepted.

Stephanie47
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Would I go back in time and stop breathing? Nope! If I was destined to be a cross-dresser, I wish I would have born in the 1980's. There is more acceptance now-I think? And more information on the Internet. I thought cross-dressing was a passing phase in my life, when I did not dress nor had the desire to dress for more than two years. Oh, how wrong I was! Of course, life would be a lot simpler if I wasn't a cross-dresser at all!

TGMarla
11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Twas impulse that started me doing this, compelled by some unknown fascination that has never quite gone away. The only point to turning back time would be to experience it all over again. And without going back with full knowledge of experience in order to be able to better deal with it all at the ripe age of 12, I'd likely do the very same thing again, and have to go through all the years of angst and frustration and pursuit of self acceptance all over again.

I'll pass, thank you.

suchacutie
11-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I would not change a thing....except to have had the experience a bit earlier! :)

tina

Frédérique
11-11-2010, 08:38 PM
If you could trun back time to the point that you started crossdressing, would you stop yourself form doing it? Most of the time I think about this I would stop myself 90 percent of the time but hey I would not be the person I am today

No. I would turn the clock back farther and farther, and start sooner. I would also take the opportunity to experiment with nearly everything available to me, using crossdressing as a catalyst. In short, if I had a second chance at boyhood, I would make it girlhood...

Rachel Morley
11-11-2010, 11:24 PM
If I really could turn back time and be there knowing what I know now, I for sure would not have stopped myself. I would actually go the other way and would embrace it much, much, more. There a couple of specific occasions in particular, that I wish I had "gone with it" and not resisted. I had opportunities back then but I declined them due to my own insecurities :sad:

Chiana
11-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I started well before the first grade. I don't think it was ever a "choice" for me to try or not to try crossdressing. It is just who I am. Now do I wish I had been wired differently at birth, where I had no interest in crossdressing? Maybe. I feel my life would have been much less complicated without crossdressing.

Patty B.
11-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Life sure would be different had I pursued this after military service, started to and then life got in the way, I wonder what or where I'd be if I'd pursued this differently. Just have to deal with life as it is, cant complain about choices made.

Josie M
11-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I've actually given this some thought. My real regret is that I didn't express myself as Josie earlier and more often. It's not like the crowd I ran with would have been all that hung up about it. If I could go back, I would have spent more time as Josie and been more out and open about that part of me.

Tbirdgal
11-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Thirty years ago, I tried to. I became a raging Alcoholic and a drug user . By going to therapy , exploring my true self and some hormone therapy , I came out in 1994.

Sarah Doepner
11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
What a bit "IF" that is. We are probably very lucky the world doesn't work that way because you would never know who decided to change something and then you'd have to re-wrap all the presents with different ribbons and name tags. Would I do it? Maybe, it would make life a lot less complicated, but it would also remove a lot of the pleasure and satisfaction I've gained from crossdressing. What would I fill the time with? Watching sports on TV? Guns or Cars? Chasing girls? Going to Church? Writing the Great American Novel? I have no idea. I believe the clock would have to be reset to just before conception so the wiring would be totally be redone.

No, I think I'd probably choose to try and do what so many others here have suggested. I couldn't start much earlier, but I'd have stayed with it and accepted it as part of my life that didn't merit shame or regret. That would be enough to shake the foundations of just about everything that followed.

JustAlex
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I see a trend here. But maybe the question was misinterpreted. Would you say that the burden of CDing along your life (and mostly during childhood and teen ages) overcomes the joy of doing it?

I can't even find a point where to go back. I started so young that I can remember when it happened. I wouldn't be able to comprehend why it's wrong to wear one thing and not another.

Maybe if I go back to my teen ages I could tell myself about a long life hiding something and the economical cost of purging. But there's so much that I have to tell to my younger self that I don't think I'd waste my time talking about CDing. If any, I'd tell myself to take all those opportunities I passed, including more CDing. Most likely, it wouldn't have been such a burden if I were more comfortable with myself doing it.

I can imagine the dialog:

- OK, my time is running out. I told you about the lottery numbers and the dates when they're going to win, the list of presidents so you can be prepare to be on the good side of the government, the market crashes so you can maximize your investments, the bitchy girl that you have to avoid and the design of the Rubik's cube. I think I covered all.
- Yeah... great... thanks... but... er... you know... about the... er... underwear... you know what I mean...
- Oh!!!! Right!!! you are a... I mean I am... we are... never mind. The point is that you have to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!

(Thinking about it, if I have the chance to go back, I'll go get myself some nice classic vintage full slips.)

Nikki A.
11-12-2010, 05:27 PM
If I knew then what I know now, I might have gone full time or for SRS. But alas one can't go back in time so I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing untill I retire and can then bring Nikki out fully into the world.

danielleb
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
If you could trun back time to the point that you started crossdressing, would you stop yourself form doing it? Most of the time I think about this I would stop myself 90 percent of the time but hey I would not be the person I am today

To me the question there is could you? Really? I think alot of us were too young to even full comprehend what it was that we were doing. I know that's true for me at 3-4yrs old. Sometimes I may wish I could because it would make my life easier in society, but as you stated, I would'nt be the person I am today.

PattiMichaels
11-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Knowing what I know now, I definitely would've done things totally different. I would've found the courage to start living life full-time as Patti starting the day after I graduated high school. While I might not have gone the distance (SRS), I definitely would've pursued a different career and life path. I dare say I might've persued more feminine-appearance modifications given the right circumstances.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...sigh.

Kjara_Ra
11-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't change a thing. Well.... I might have told the few people that know a bit sooner, but that's not a big one