PDA

View Full Version : Are you picky?

erickka
11-11-2010, 06:38 AM
I mean when it comes to being dressed fully enfemme. I find that before I'm finished, everything HAS to be perfect. Things like seams straight, blouse collars flat, shoe buckles and straps alingned perfectly, etc. When I dress drab, I just throw something on and go out the door...who cares. Your thoughts, or am I borderline OCD?

S. Lisa Smith
11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Maybe we are both borderline OCD, 'cause I'm the same way.

Wendy W
11-11-2010, 08:06 AM
If your going to dress, guy or girl mode, might as well do it right and take that extra minute looking in the mirror. In drag, I always check the knot in my tie. Enfemme, I always check my pantyhose to see if the weave is vertically straight. As I ride the Boston Metro daily (MBTA) I see GG's wear nice (and expensive?) hosiery with vertical lines for a design. Wouldn't you know that they're twisted around becuase she didn't spend that extra moment looking in the mirror to see that the nylons are twisted about? Not being picky, but it somewhat defeats the purpose of having people looking at your legs if one can't create the proper image one is trying to present.

WW

MargaretJ
11-11-2010, 08:10 AM
I always try to look good en femme, but when drab, I'm not to fussed, unless going out for the night or special occasions.

BRANDYJ
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I get what you mean. When I dress I want to present myself as feminine as I can even if no one is going to see me. I try not to let any of my masculinity show. But I don't go out as a slob in male mode either.

Sarah Michelle
11-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I am the same, en femme it all has to be right, in drab it just has to be clean, (well, maybe just not so dirty, kidding). I've mentioned before that it wan't until I started dressing fully that I came to understand my wife's need for complete outfits. En femme, I need to coordinate from head to toe, jewellry included. In drab, I get dissed regularly for my poor color combinations.
It's one of the ways I know en femme is important....

Jenny Gurl
11-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Maybe we are both borderline OCD, 'cause I'm the same way.

OCD - Obsessed with Cross Dressing ? Could be a new acronym.:heehee:

Hey if you are gonna do it, do it right. :)

Angie G
11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Not all that much But I do like to look good.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
11-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Kind of... I'm uber pickey in what I buy... I can shop for days and find nothing I like... But when I dress and go out, everything has to go together but I'm not obsessed about it... And since I don't buy things that don't look good on me then by design.... Its pretty easy to put outfits together. Ok sometimes I do obsess over things... little stupid things usually but I'm way too lazy to be compulsive! Lol.

Chari
11-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Always dress in the most complimentary, color co-ordinated attire as to whomever I am presenting, right down to my clean matching undergarments, because "first impressions last"!

linda allen
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I am not picky, but I don't go out either.

kimdl93
11-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm fairly particular...I really want to look as good as I can. I find that simple things, a snag in a sweater, a twisted bra strap or a scuffed heel can annoy me.

carhill2mn
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I am pertty much (no pun intended) the same way. I probably do not look "perfect" but I am careful to be sure my clothes, shoes, jewlery and makeup all compliment each other when ever I am en femme, which is nearly every day. I am not
nearly as careful when drab.

Frédérique
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
I mean when it comes to being dressed fully enfemme. I find that before I'm finished, everything HAS to be perfect. Things like seams straight, blouse collars flat, shoe buckles and straps alingned perfectly, etc. When I dress drab, I just throw something on and go out the door...who cares. Your thoughts, or am I borderline OCD?

But what was it called before someone named it Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Was it inattentiveness? Lack of focus? I don’t care? Sloth? In the case of crossdressing, if you worship the clothes you’re wearing, you strive to get them as perfectly placed and positioned as possible – you care about what you wear, so it follows you take pains with presentation. In my case, I do not wish to insult the clothes, since they are ALL fetish objects. How can they work their magic if I don’t make an effort? In a similar vein, I don’t care about my drab stuff, and it shows...
:eek:

Kara in CT
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
If you are borderline OCD, we are straddling the same border. I know exactly what you mean. In guy mode, if it smells clean it is clean and I wear it. Kara's day is spent trying to make sure everything is as perfect as I can make it. Can't do much with the mug I was cursed with, but everything else has to be perfect.

erickka
11-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks for your input girls! I'm glad that I am not the only one who takes that extra time to "primp and perfect" my femme image. I love women and wish to emulate them as nicely as possible at all times, so the extra effort is necessary to me. And BTW Karain, Your mug doesn't look bad at all. Wish I looked half as good as you do!

Tbirdgal
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm going to quote a Bumper sticker from Kanter Auto supply in New Jersey. I beleive in their motto as well. "Do it Once and Do it Right ..............

KristyPa
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
15 years or so ago I used to go out to a few different bars once a week or so. I would sit in my car for a half hour or so and keep fixing my hair before I went in. Now I very rarely go out. When I do, once I'm done at the house, that's it. When I get to were I'm going, I just go in.

Sarah Doepner
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
But what was it called before someone named it Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Was it inattentiveness? Lack of focus? I don’t care? Sloth? ...(snip)... In a similar vein, I don’t care about my drab stuff, and it shows...
:eek:

Freddy has hit on my condition when I'm not crossdressing I'm going mearly functional with a dose of inattentiveness, lack of focus and sloth. However, when I decide to get girly I am paying attention and have focus and the sloth left those ugly boy shoes in the way of my pretty heels! I need the magic to work if I'm going to look in the mirror and see someone there who just might not be a man in a dress. To get the magic to work requires a lot of effort on my part and on those rare occasions when it sparkles, I'm hooked for another lifetime.

I don't know if it's OCD, but how much you are willing to do to make that magic work for you. It may look a lot like OCD, but it could be dedication and attention to detail. These are things I have the ability to draw on in the rest of my life, but the motivation isn't quite the same.

sometimes_miss
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
You're not OCD; nearly every woman I've ever dated was that way. Their appearance was very important, and they paid attention to every detail. To which, I'm forever appreciative. In fact, I've posted threads in other forums, saying just that, that on behalf of guys everwhere, we thank you for going through so much trouble to look beautiful. Because it's not something we can easily say to someone we don't know in public, so the anonymity of the 'net allows it.

AllieSF
11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I am very picky when picking out my outfit, shoes and accessories. I go through my routine to get ready and make sure that everything is perfect before I head out the door. However, once I have my lipstick on and I get that last view of myself in the mirror or the shiny side of my car (that is when I need to "finish up" on the road), the only things I worry about when out is that my lipstick is fresh, my hair is in a decent order and that I am not trailing a long wet piece of toilet paper when exiting the Ladies Room.

Kelly DeWinter
11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Guilty as charged

PattiMichaels
11-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I think picky hits the nail on the head. I've never been one to under-dress or simply wear womens lingerie or clothing under my male things. For me the transition to Patti always has to be 100% complete.

Kelly Blaine
11-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Compulsive? Well I can get ready in the morning for work in 15 minutes, at night when I come home a become Kelly it takes over an hour.
In drab I am just matching everybody else, as Kelly I want to set apart from the average woman.

Tasha McIntyre
11-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, if you are then I am too. Everything has to be "right" in my own mind before I leave the front door. At the shopping mall I am forever looking in mirrors, and making littlen adjustments to my wig and clothes. In guy mode I really couldn't care!

Tash :)

Cheryl T
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Nope, not me...
I don't need to have everything perfect. I just want to blend in when I go out and I don't see too many girls that are perfect in my neck of the woods. Maybe if I move to Hollywood I'll worry about that more...but then I'd worry about the earthquakes, the papparazzi and all that other stuff. Too much to fret over...I'll stay imperfect and loving it...LOL

TGMarla
11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I do that too. And then I often return to the mirror to primp. Real productive time, this CDing.

:liar: