PDA

View Full Version : relationships

Teri Jean
11-11-2010, 09:51 AM
This week has been so emotional as it started out with the news of a distant relative who passed at 40yrs old, then Tuesday my presentation of being transgendered to a class of university students and culminating with a phone call with a dear friend. As we transition and start our HRT and RLE we find ourselves in a new territory. The land of feeling and tears can be so overwellming and yet so welcome. So after a couple calls/e-mails I finally got my head together and my labito in check.

It got me thinking as how this has happens and what to do when we find ourselves overwelmed. For many of us we have not had feelings like we do now so in a way we are the adolescent girl of 12-14 yrs old with the mind of a much older person so the advice I gave myself was call a friend who can sit with you and talk with you even if we are half a world away. That friendly voice listening to you cry your eyes out and helping you see the realities of the whats, whys, and hows.

So last night I called a friend, Rachael, and cried for 15 minutes as she was driving home and then when she finally was able to get me to a point where I was able to help myself again, we talked about to handle relationships as an adolescent and what not to do. The one point I want to share, and Rachael helped me see this, is to take things slow and make sure of your emotions and desires. Do not read more into a relationship before there is evidence of a commitment. So for me it will be a wait and see where our friendship/relationship will take us. Afterall we are friends right now and that is a beautiful thing in it self.

Teri

Traci Elizabeth
11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I am sorry for your loss. But your comments are right on the money. I think most of us on this journey are 12 - 14 year old girls in older bodies and brains although during our emotional outbursts or desires to seek friendships, we don't necessarily use the wisdom we once had.

Teri Jean
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Thank you Traci,
I am the worst about following my own advice as I contacted her/him and pored out my heart. We have talked and talked for the past few days and are working through our feelings and our friendship. So now I'm sitting here and thinking this summer of love has taken me to a new place a place of discovery and the realization there may be someone out there for all of us. We just need to realize it when it happens.