PDA

View Full Version : What to do when people tell you they want to kill you because you are a TG?

Sejd
11-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I do a lot of musical work on You Tube, mostly folk music. Someone asked me last week if I was a Woman or a Man! I understand that people sometimes ask us this question although I find it irelevant. My answer was that it was a good question. I did not go further. Next day the same person wrote that he wanted to kill me. I have always known that some people have fears, but I was truly taken aback by this kind of hatred. All I could do was to delete the persons post, and I am not seriously afraid of this incident, but clearly, there is reasons to be cautious and it made it clear to me that I want to be active on TG rememberance day on November 20 in my own community.

Stephanie Anne
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Sounds like the anonymity plus internet = f^&*wad equation strikes again. I would not take it too seriously uless it continues form the same person. If it does get the authorities involved along with the site you post on.

Tommie T.
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
This Marine crossdresser says "bring it on'"a..hole"

KarenCDFL
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Informing the police comes to mind...

Niya W
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Show a picture of you holding an M1A in a your cutest dress.

Melody Moore
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Report his death threats to Youtube and the Police - because you will find such threats
on the internet constitute a federal offence under the telecommunications act.

Apart from that ignore this idiot - dont feed the trolls!!!

Karen564
11-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes, DO report the little twat..

It's a good chance it's just some 8 year old wise azz, but one never knows on the WWW.

Jorja
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Now I know why they keep you in thoes jars :D

I would report it to youtube and the police. That way there is a record of it. Otherwise ingore the jerk unless it becomes a regular thing.

Sejd
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Thaks for the answers, they are all good. I blocked the user as a first step. If it somehow repeats, I will report it for sure.

RachelDee
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Show a picture of you holding an M1A in a your cutest dress.

LOL :) made me chuckle

On a serious note, thats quite disturbing Sejd. I understand why you would feel upset by it, I would too even though its only online and they really have no idea where you live etc. You find 'fanatical' people everywhere though unfortunatly, and over everything. Its quite as possible its just some random kid who thought it would be funny. Anonymity can bring out the worst i people.

Byanca
11-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I've had people IRL say that they would like to beat me up(after a bit of intimacy while out, and found out). I just get baffled. Can't understand this way of thinking. Will tell authority figures, if someone is close by, and have done so. And they have told me just to come to them if it happens again, and they will deal with it.

Hope
11-13-2010, 04:22 AM
I haven't had it happen to me, yet, but I think the rule for suicide applies here as well.

The suicide rule is simple enough - when someone tells you that they are going to commit suicide, you inform the proper authorities. There are 2 reasons for this 1) If they are serious, they need to be prevented in carrying out their threats. 2) If they are not serious, they need to learn that this is not an appropriate way of trying to control a situation, or get attention, or whatever it is that they are doing. The reason that this is not an optional thing, is that none of us can know if some one is serious or not, and the response of informing the authorities is appropriate in either case.

The same thing applies to the idiot that threatens you. You don't know if he is serious, and even if he isn't he needs to learn that this is not the proper way to behave. ALSO - it seems to me that this gives you a bit of protection - because you let the idiot know that you have alerted the authorities to his threat, so that if anything happens to you, he will be the number 1 suspect. Now that idiot poser is going to spend the rest of his life hoping that nothing suspicious ever happens to you.

Also, keep the pepper spray in your purse.