PDA

View Full Version : Have you missed an opportune reply?

justbejulie2
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I was in a doctor's office a few months ago. I need to wear orthopedic knee-high stockings. They are pretty annoyingly tight, but they fix my foot problem. So I wear them. Anyway, I commented to the doctor and nurse that wearing them feels like having a belt strapped around your head. The nurse said "have you worn control-top stockings before?" I so much wanted to say "yes,yes, yes, aren't they sexy?"http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif But I didn't.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif

What opportunities have you missed? Or replied to!!!!!
Julie

Karren H
11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
That would have been fun!! I miss very few replys like that... And usually volunteer crossdressingish replys when none are expected... Probably why I figure everyone knows or suspects... And when the Sr VP of the dept warns that he better not catch me wearing zebra heels into work.... "Fine... I didn't have anything to go with them anyway!" Lol.

hotskirt
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I bought a cute top at Family Dollar. Went to checkout and clerk said: Your not going to wear this, are you. I paused for a second and she replied again. Are you. I shook my head and said no. DARN. Paid her and walked out. Not as brave as Karen yet

Stephanie Miller
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Was walking down a grocery store aisle last week. There were two ladies in the aisle but separated about 1/2 an aisle. I was walking past the one gal standing in front of the make-up section when she turned around without looking, thinking it was her friend, and blurted out "Here's that lip liner you've been looking for". She was just finishing speaking when she realized her mistake. I didn't give her enough time to recover before I said "Well that's a pleasant surprise. But how did you know the shade I've been looking for?" I thought that was a pretty good one until she said " well it looked like the same shade you had on the other day."
No she wasn't serious. If for the fact that I haven't been out dressed in this town in weeks, I would have been floored! But we both chuckled and I walked on.

Laura Jane
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
At the job centre (Between jobs at the moment) and they bring up a lame list of usually dull and unsuitable vaccancies, all for a lot less money than I'm used to! Anyway, they had a Admin one, which was reasonably local (no salary details) and the advisor was about to print it off when I spotted it was "Female Only" as the job also entailed a bit of modelling! (apparently its allowed!) So I said, maybe if I was a Tranny......I did hope the advisor didn't noticed my trimmed eyebrows at that moment!

Christy_M
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I usually bury my head when confronted about something like that but there was one time when I was a little younger that a cashier had asked me about a royal blue dress I was buying "This will really bring out your eyes." I said "I know, now if I could just find some shoes to match." We both laughed at such a funny joke and then she said "I bet your wife will love this." I said "I hope so, it's for her birthday. What I should have said was "...and if she doesn't, she can always try it on herself."

Ahh hindsight, isn't it always perfect?

justbejulie2
11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
What a threshold to cross! Some of us can, some aren't ready to yet. I can only do it to "yous girls" here, and it makes me feel much better, as it's not wrong.
In hindsight, I should have said "yes, similar to control-top nylons", and it would have been great to see her reaction. Maybe next opportunity. I have "grown" at long last in the last couple of months, thanks to all yu's girls. I will be posting some real pics soon, as I am tall and thin and look pretty fab. Just need to do a major shave. Stay tuned....
Ju-lie.
Anyone want to be my friend?