PDA

View Full Version : flying home - trip halfway over

kamerynjlee
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
It's been awhile since I've flown anywhere, much less as Kameryn. That was more than a year ago. Left Vegas early this AM. I'm in Houston, going to Baltimore. No issues at all, TSA agents didn't blink. Airline agent didn't blink. I've noticed maybe 5 or 6 people look at me a bit longer than necessary...but after all, I AM 6-2 with a face contoured like nobody's business! Maybe I'm just pretty! :daydreaming: I'm definitely comfortable, feeling normal.

As Kimberly has shown us, those of you who want can do this. Ill share more later on.

Kameryn

AllieSF
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Congratulations. I am taking my first "plunge" (that word doesn't sound so positive when getting into a plane!) into flying en femme next week when I go to Vegas for a couple of days.

Question: What do you have to take off when going through security screening, eg: watch, jewelry, lipstick, perfume and powder in a plastic bag, etc.? I am going to pack most of the stuff, but, you know a girl always needs her bling and lipstick.

Jackiefl
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM

AllieSF. Just got back from a week in vegas with my lovely wife. Flew enfemme both ways,took no boy cloths. The only items that will not pass the metal detectors are cheap plated jewelery and metals of course (belt buckles,watches,ect),you will also have to remove your shoes.Enjoy and say hello to my money LOL

o

Jackiefl
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
AllieSF. Just got back from vegas after spending a wonderful week there with my lovely wife! I flew both ways dressed,took no boy cloths. Tsa was very professional,you also have to remove shoes.The only items that usually sound the metal detectors are,cheap jewelry,watches,belts ect. I experienced no problems with my 14 or 18k earings.Hope you enjoy and say hello to our money LOL

TxKimberly
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
GOOD for you and welcome to the club!

Jilmac
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey Kameryn, way to go girl! I've traveled by car en femme but haven't had the opportunity to fly. I think I'll put that on my bucket list along with train and bus travel.

It seems like more people are either accepting or ambivilant to us. I consider that a good thing when I'm out and about as Jill.

AKAMichelle
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
It is so liberating to fly dressed. I have now done it 3 times and I love the whole experience.

kamerynjlee
11-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Jackie is right. Makeup is no problem, and I have LOTS of it. Mainly cream foundations and foundation sticks. I didn't even bother to put that in a ziplock bag. On the way, I couldn't fly pretty, so my breast forms were in my carry-on. TSA has never wanted to inspect any closer- some girls have different experiences. I purposely went through with all my jewelry on, and had no problems. The first time I flew pretty (see my post from 2009), I had trouble because of the boning in my Flexees waist cincher....watch out for that.

Stephanie Miller
11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Mine was fine, but I notice the gal in front of me once got caught because of her underwires in her bra. Of course she was a larger size gal and I'm sure the wires may have been a smidge bigger than norm.

LeannL
11-13-2010, 09:27 PM
First, congratulations on joining the club.

To answer the question about what to take off or not, I can only speak to my experiences. Watch was OK and a small belt buckle was also OK. Both of these are something you can take off and try to go through the metal detector again if it goes off. (I think you only get one retry though.) I have avoided wearing an under-wire bra or a boned waist cincher. I had an experience when I went up to the observation tower in the Sears Tower in Chicago wearing the cincher and under-wire bra. The alarms are still going off :) . So now I avoid these when flying. I take anything that could be considered a cream or gel out of my makeup and put it in the requisite bag to pass through the screen. My philosophy is that I will not give the TSA any reason to hold me up on my way.

Leann

mmm4umichelle
11-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I wanna fly in femme so bad but my biggest worry is ID's. Don't they question your Id, or did you all get new ID's with your femme name, picture, etc.??? Would love to hear the details....

Katie145
11-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Have fun on your trip! I wish I was farther along in my femme life to be able to do it; I don't think I ever will be. Just keep in mind, your pilot may be wearing panties! (Particularly if you're on one of my flights! ;) )

Kim_Bitzflick
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
GOOD for you and welcome to the club!

Is this the Mile high club? I want to join too.

katrinakat
11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I can't wait too! Never have, but i definitely plan too. My only concern is being groped! I'm a nervous wreck when flying to begin with. But i have to...yet another step!!! That i'm looking forward to.

vetobob9
11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
It's been awhile since I've flown anywhere, much less as Kameryn. That was more than a year ago. Left Vegas early this AM. I'm in Houston, going to Baltimore. No issues at all, TSA agents didn't blink. Airline agent didn't blink. I've noticed maybe 5 or 6 people look at me a bit longer than necessary...but after all, I AM 6-2 with a face contoured like nobody's business! Maybe I'm just pretty! :daydreaming: I'm definitely comfortable, feeling normal.

As Kimberly has shown us, those of you who want can do this. Ill share more later on.

Kameryn

From what I've been reading it seems that TG and CD people are having an easier time getting through security than the "normal" people are.
The majority of complaints from the nonTG and nonCD people are that they feel like they are being raped and treated like criminals. Have you seen this?

kamerynjlee
11-18-2010, 08:24 AM
No, I don't have the luxury of having an ID with my femme name or picture. Girls in some states are able to have a driver's license and an ID card. I'm not sure if that's attainable anymore with the Real ID Act, or whatever it is called.

No details are necessary...just hand over your ID to the ticket agent and to the TSA officer. Most have probably seen transgender women and men, and probably have some degree of
training as well. You are legally who your ID says you are, you're just dressed differently. Stay calm, offer no explanation (unless asked, which probably rarely happens), and go about your business. I happen to have a "transgender identification card", that is not meant to look like or duplicate a legal ID. It's just something I ordered online to supplement my legal ID in case I ever get a totally clueless person inspecting my ID at the airport or for a traffic stop out in the middle of nowhere. I've never needed to use it.

Hope that helps!

Kameryn

Claire Cook
11-18-2010, 08:31 AM
:cheer:Hip hip Hooray! Welcome to the club!

Gerrijerry
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
I recently went thru one of the new scaners. Full body scan. Yes fully in fem mode. Nothing was said. I was treated like everyone else so no problem. As for ID. I have a Transgender card plus letter from my counselor. I have shown to the ticket agent and the TSA agent the Transgender card with my normal male passport or other ID and have never had a problem. As for what is in my purse. Besides ID and money very little makeup in a clear plastic bag. The rest of my makeup is in my suit case. Bling that I have is also in my carry on and that has not been a problem either. Other then earings all bling is in carry on until after I pass the TSA agents. The less metal you have on the better. Flying should be enjoyed not worried about. So relax just remember you are not the first one they have seen.

KandisTX
11-18-2010, 11:24 PM
If I knew you were going to be in Houston, maybe we could have met in person. ;) Maybe next time hon.