PDA

View Full Version : Michelle's first vacation in San Francisco

AKAMichelle
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
The weekend was the first vacation I had planned for myself in 27 years. My wife was never one to travel so I never had the freedom to travel. She wouldn’t go so it meant that I wasn’t going either. So this weekend meant an awful lot to me.

The first step in the trip was a flight into LA. Now I flew there dressed and I intentionally went through the backscatter x-ray machine because I realize that these machines are going to be used everywhere eventually. So I wanted to make sure to prepare myself for this new technology. The trip through the scanner resulted in a pat down on my front torso only and an explosive test on my hands. 5 minutes later I was on my way. I ended up at the airport earlier than expected because I was planning for the full cavity search and got only a minimal pat-down.

When I arrived in LA, I had to pick up my rental car and then check in to the hotel. Everything went as expected and had no issues. After checking into the room, I started to unpack my bag. That’s when sheer terror took over. I quickly realized that I didn’t pack any male shoes or shirt for my meeting with the client on Monday. The revelations got worse before they got better. I also forgot the nail polish remover and my cell phone charger. Luckily I had 2 days to fix the issues so my meeting on Monday would go perfectly.

Saturday morning, I got up and got dressed as Michelle and drove to San Francisco. I was a little worried since I had never been this way about how to do the trip as Michelle, but I preserved. When I arrived in SF, I went to the Hilton Hotel at Union Square to check in. I was so proud of myself because I got the room for $122 / night instead of $300 / night room rate. Then it hit me as I drove into the parking garage, there were going to be a lot of surcharges with this stay. I ended up paying $51 / day for parking and $13 for internet. The next day I learned about the most bizarre surcharge as I paid $40 for bacon and eggs. They weren’t special eggs or anything. I could have gone to Denny’s and gotten the same breakfast for a lot better price.

I guess it is best to describe my adventure to you. I was really lucky to have met AllieSF on the forum here and she offered to be my tour guide. Allie was determined to create the ultimate experience for me and I am really thankful. Allie met me at 3PM at the hotel and was a great sport to help me get my cell phone charger issue fixed. Then after I got my cell phone charger replaced, she took me to the green area on the bay. She worked as my personal photographer and took some really good pictures which are included below. Allie took me on down to Fort Point under the golden gate bridge. Then she took me on down the bay to the beach. The sunset was so amazing. After the beach Allie told me that no trip to SF was complete without a trip to the Castro so off we went. Allie knew of a wine bar there called “Blush”. That’s when the fun really began. Allie has this special talent for meeting people. Her secret was so unique that it got us into some very interesting conversations. We talked with several people there at the bar before deciding to go somewhere to eat. So we went to Zuni on Market St and it wasn’t my type of restaurant but the food was good. Allie went to work almost immediately finding someone to talk with. In just a few minutes we were talking to 5 gay guys about politics. Did I mention that Allie and I were republicans and hetero? Yes Allie got us into the mix about politics in SF with people who didn’t agree with us, but it was my favorite part of the whole trip. I can’t believe how interesting the conversation was that we ended up talking with them for almost 3 hours. When everyone finished eating, I was pooped so I had Allie take me back to the hotel. Immediately we ended up meeting 3 more people who took our picture at the front of the hotel. I always thought that I could talk with anyone. Allie never met a stranger and was the most incredible host. I even want to go back if we can do it again because I had so much fun.

The next day was a little more subdued. Valerie who is co-organizer for the meetup group in SF took me out. I finally got to see Chinatown, Russian Hill, Little Italy, Lombard Street and the wharf. It was a much different trip because it was raining all day but one that was very fun. When I got to the wharf, I finally got to see the Cannery Row and Pier 39. So when the tour was over I dropped Valerie off in Oakland and started the long drive back to LA.

Luckily on Sunday I was able to go shopping for male clothes as Michelle. Very weird feeling, but I got everything for my meeting. I really enjoyed the trip and I am enclosing a few pictures to show what we did. I have never smiled so much in my life while out of town. It was the best vacation and it was only made better by Michelle being the person on vacation.

Robin Lee
11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi Michelle,
I just love the bay area, sounds like you are having a great vacation. You did miss the Walter Disney museum up there. If you ever get to San Diego look me up or if I ever see my sister in Littleton I will look you up!

Best wishes Robin Lee

AKAMichelle
11-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Let me know when you come to Denver. I will try and be as good a guide as Allie was to me.

Ashleythenewgirl
11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Awesome! Way to go cousin. Your pics look great and I am so glad Allie was nice to my family ;) What a fun trip!

Sarah Doepner
11-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Good for you Michelle! Vacations are a great opportunity to relax and let all the "required" stuff fade into the background as you get some well needed time for yourself. I'm glad your's worked out so well. Are you already planning the next one? I would.

AKAMichelle
11-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Good for you Michelle! Vacations are a great opportunity to relax and let all the "required" stuff fade into the background as you get some well needed time for yourself. I'm glad your's worked out so well. Are you already planning the next one? I would.

I am thinking about Vegas for the next vacation in Jan or Feb. ReneeT and several others are debating the idea. We probably just need to pick a date. Wow - I just thought of one. My birthday is in Feb.

AllieSF
11-14-2010, 03:15 PM
I am glad to see that this traveling dame has made it back to Colorado safe and sound. It was a pleasure meeting you Michelle and I am so happy that you could sample my world away from home. I want you to know that I had as much fun as you did, except for those 3 trips around the very long and crowded blocks in the city center at rush hour while you bought your cell phone charger. I hope that my quick change from jeans to slacks and a fancier blouse in the parking lot did not set you back any. But this girl does have to dress properly for the venue.

Being the engineer detailist that I am, and just a wee bit anal at times, let me add to your trip notes. We also did a drive through of the Haight Ashbury (original hippy kingdome of San Francisco way back when). That is a place to come back and walk through during the day. The "green area" is the Marina Green. To finish off my evening, which you were too tired to partake in, I stopped off at Martuni's, a local LGBT, straight, and everyone else friendly piano bar. I love the back room where the amateurs sing. That night, the amateurs didn't make it and I listened to some great singers. While there, I started talking to the innocent victims at the table next to me (I got there late so it was standing room only). Just like clockwork I encountered another funny and interesting coincidence in my life. Both guys knew Roberta Fermina, a fine lady I met from this site who was kind enough to accompany me on my first trip into the real world while dressed. Here I am at midnight in a crowded bar, standing in a niche where I could watch, listen and not interfere with anyone and someone next to me is a good friend of someone I met over 3 years ago. To finish off the moment, we called Roberta and chatted a bit over the din of the music. A good time was had by all.

Now, Michelle, when are you coming back to finalize the deal with your client? We still have some unfinished exploring to do. Plus, there are some new experiences to be had, just for the asking.

PS: I just saw your thoughts on a trip to Vegas. I am going this Wednesday to meet WindyCissy from this site. It will be my first time flying enfemme. Another interesting coincidence is my birthday is in February too!

danielletorresani
11-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow. I'd absolutely love to go on vacation en femme. As long as I know it's somewhere that I have zero chance of running into someone that knows me, then I'd enjoy it immensely.

Jorja
11-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow Michelle, sounds like you had a great vacation. It also sounds as though AllieSF is a wonderful tour guide. I am glad you enjoyed your trip and can now get out and go.

StacyCD
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
You all inspire me! Thanks for the great story!

GirlieAmanda
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Well if you are going to go to a TG friendly city it may as well be good old San Fran. That is where I saw my first CD. When I was 12 on vacation. San Fran is very memorable to me. I would love to return as my girl self. Looks like you had a great trip. Don't forget to pack your guy shoes next time. :)

RachelOKC
11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Glad you had a good trip to SF, Michelle. I moved to the Bay Area after coming to visit SF much like you did and it was great meeting friends who could show me the sights. Sometimes living here in the Bay Area is a real love / hate relationship but seeing those beautiful sights in your pictures makes it all good again!

AKAMichelle
11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Now, Michelle, when are you coming back to finalize the deal with your client? We still have some unfinished exploring to do. Plus, there are some new experiences to be had, just for the asking.

PS: I just saw your thoughts on a trip to Vegas. I am going this Wednesday to meet WindyCissy from this site. It will be my first time flying enfemme. Another interesting coincidence is my birthday is in February too!

The business is finished with the client in LA but you never know what I am up to. I have 2 others clients in SF and maybe I can get them to pay for another trip. But as for the trip to Vegas, you are welcome to join us. Maybe we can make the trip a dual birthday party for both of us.