PDA

View Full Version : Hate my male clothes

Noemi
11-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I just went out and had my hair cut. I go down to the corner barber shop and the older gentleman their cuts my hair nicely for a fair price(I was thinking if I went to the Barbar shop and got my hair cut by an aristocratic talking elephant that would be way better LOL), so I go. But I am growing tired of Drab. I am wondering how everyone else deals with their male attire. Perhaps I need to freshen up my look. No more jeans and t Shirts, perhaps mix in some ladies clothes. I always am under dressed...panties camisoles bra sometimes, toenails painted etc.....

tanyalynn51
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
It is hard. I too am getting tired of my male clothes, or "cross-dressing" as some on here call it. I underdress all the time too. I come home from work, and have already decided what Im going to wear, after a bubble bath, of course.

Emily_3
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Nothing wrong with mixing and matching you're femme and male clothes, I do it most of the time depending on the situation, wearing Jeans with a femme top works very well. I have many tops that could be either male or female, wearing a skirt with these is not a bad combination.

:)

Christina2008
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I hardly ware male clothes apart to work, always undressed though. I prefer to feel my smooth legs in stockings rather than bare against my trousers.

At weekends I wear woman’s jeans and tops with bra underneath plus the usual other things, shaved, mail polish etc. When I go out I put on a unisex jacket to cover my top. No make-up so I just look like a guy, but it’s enough for me at the moment to know I’m wearing pretty much all woman’s clothes. I have lost a few stone recently and have only bought better fitting woman’s clothes, so I hardly have any male clothes that I can wear.

Karren H
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Maybe since your too cheap to use a stylist vs a barber then you have crappy male clothes?? Lol. I have some male clothes that are soft and stylish and come in pretty colors!!

Billijo49504
11-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I wear jeans a lot, from LB, Ave and Dot's. My t shirts are mostly hippie style, so it could be he or she. But I do love my soft cuddly sweaters, mmmmm!!!! BJ
PS. My wife has cut my hair for the last 25 yrs and she cuts her own.

Noemi
11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Obnoxious comment Karen LOL But I can appreciate your directness. I am a professional artist and am kinda of cheap. You end up living like that for so long it becomes second nature(not that I am raking in the doe at the moment). It is slow going cding on a limited income. I am thinking of going to a different stylist once I find one$$. I am also extremely busy, so at times I wonder if I have time to be a girl, but at this point really have to dress. Yes I am somewhat new to dressing all the time...or even accepting this side of myself. So my drab clothes reflect that. As I am less and less concerned with what people think my male wardrobe will become more and more flamboyant...not the best word to use but those are the old notes.

kimdl93
11-12-2010, 06:03 PM
male clothes are just boring. I have the requisite outer wear that I wear only when necessary. And always underdress when away from the house. But if I can, I'll mix in some fem outer garments - a sweater, heeled sandals, and if I'm really feeling bold, a little make up and ear rings.

Noemi
11-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you all for sharing. It helps. I had some ladies jeans I used to really enjoy wearing out but they disappeared a few purges ago. No more Purging for this girl . I feel I am beyond that. Though I am still beginning compared to some of you.
I am thinking of getting my ears pierced soon, that would be a big step forward. I really am hiding in my drab, so afraid of what/ how others will react. Really I am single and 40, I am my own person at this point and can do as I please.
I am going to get some ladies jeans that I can wear out and some colorful tops too. I also would like to go to the store and buy them myself so I can get what fits and what I like...Step by Step
I love dressing it feels so nice.

Michelle 51
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I can't seem to get a femme feeling with guy cloths no matter how soft they are.I can underdress all i want and keep cleaned shaved,painted nails .panties and bra 24/7 besides but it takes pantyhose,skirt,slip,heels etc to put me in the groove.Guy clothes are just that guy clothes.I think they should be outlawed.Well not really but you know what i mean

JohnH
11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe since your too cheap to use a stylist vs a barber then you have crappy male clothes?? Lol. I have some male clothes that are soft and stylish and come in pretty colors!!

If I were to get my hair cut in the usual male fashion it would have to be done every 3 weeks at a cost of $10 each time. I have my hair styled in a woman's fashion every 12 weeks and it costs $25. The male fashion over that time would be $40.

I get very little in the way of reactions with my hair, and I don't have to mess around with a wig when I'm en femme!

I don't hate my male clothes - I wear them out of respect and the feeling of others such as when my wife comes home from the "snake pit" - work and to the morning worship service at church.

Noemi
11-12-2010, 06:52 PM
John, This is well said thank you. Staying grounded in reality, male clothes have purpose. I have a large family function, a Christening, this Sunday and my Drab will be appropriate. Thanks for raising this point.

Dealight
11-12-2010, 07:01 PM
You know, I was leafing through a women's magazine today at work......and I was struck by how much women address this same problem with their attire. There are great ideas in almost every "fem" magazine you will find in the grocery store on how to perk up your dressing...for both men, and women...and it sounds like you can enjoy the best of both worlds!

Michelle James
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
All summer I built up my fem wardrobe and totally neglected my drab stuff. As I lost a lot of weight I ditched all the too large male stuff. I only have 2 pair of men's jeans and a couple of hawaiian shirts. Just one pair of shoes and 2 pair of men's briefs, just in case there is a Dr visit. What I am trying to say is YES I HATE MY MALE CLOTHES..