PDA

View Full Version : Does ebay know something we don’t?

suzy1
11-13-2010, 05:46 AM
I am surprised at how many times, when shopping on ebay I come upon a dress or shoes that are offered as being suitable for a transvestite.
Are some sellers beginning to wake up to the fact that there are perhaps more of us out there than we think? An untapped source of income perhaps?
Just a thought.

SUZY

Danni Bear
11-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Suzy,

Think about something. How many of us are there and how many shop online and on EBAY. It only goes that many of us will eventually put items or stores there for us.

Danni

Yvonne York
11-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi Suzy, yes I have noticed that. But you know, most of the stuff I buy from eBay (and believe me that is a lot) comes from sellers selling ladies' clothes. Most of my lingerie, even in my bigger sizes, comes from ones who don't advertise for CDing. But shoes, I notice, probably because of the sizes, almost always refer to CD.

Shelly67
11-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Certainly makes you think . Speshly if friends or family members know your name on there , I've hidden my feedback and details just to keep things settled . I hope .

BonnieAlexander
11-13-2010, 07:42 AM
I sell stuff on eBay and the reason that CD is mentioned is due to the fact of searching. They want their product to come up in a search. So yes, they know we are looking on eBay and will use that to their advantage. Which,,,,,,,, is good with me.

ChristiesGurl
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I have gone to the Goodwill to get things for my guy. It seems like a good source for CD'ers. He loves shopping there.

Starr
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
search ebay for crossdresser or transvestite and you will find lots of sellers marketing to the group. While you will find books and Magazines.. you will also find lots of clothes and shoes..

Amy Lynn3
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Many sellers on Ebay offer to keep your name private and ship in a plain container. So, yes, they know we are here and some even cater to our family, only. I love it and wish the big retailers would soon wake up and discover our market.

I can see it now...WASHINGTON BIRTHDAY SALE for CROSSDRESSERS.

Rianna Humble
11-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I have bought earrings from a seller who caters for CD/TV clients. She is very obliging and also very discreet. Clothes and shoes I just buy normally without searching for CD/TV

Christy_M
11-13-2010, 11:48 AM
The other thing is how many of us are selling stuff we bought on eBay that didn't fit right or go with that particular outfit. If I was selling larger items like shoes and dresses, I would absolutely add that to my advertisement to reach as many people as possible and make you, the buyer, feel comfortable that I understand your needs - however true or false that may be. Marketing 101 - the 4 Ps - Product, Place, Price, Promotion.

Tbirdgal
11-13-2010, 11:53 AM
I dunno what Evil Bay does. Since we don't get along I refuse to have dealings with them . I shop in person at two stores here in Richmond Virginia , Shoe City or Shoe Show or a Payless . Ive had nothing but great service from both companies !

Christina2008
11-13-2010, 04:53 PM
As a bit of an eBay veteran here my personal take.

If I search for (UK) size 8 shoes, I will have hundreds or more to choose from, ranging from 99p upwards. Typically including TV or CD in the search of course reduces the no. of results but those that do “cater for us specifically” are nearly always way more expensive.

OR

It’s an actual Male TV/CD selling off some of their collection using the key search words.

Personally I never search for items with the typical key words crossdresser or transvestite.

Its like tights/hose for men, they can be up to £20, but a standard pair of woman’s hose, which in most cases fit just as perfect, cost only a fraction.

However, there are of course people who know about us and don’t mind advertising that her items for sale, maybe due to larger size, would be suitable for a crossdresser. Which in a way is nice to be remembered, even if it is just a selling point.