PDA

View Full Version : Open mouth, insert foot... Wait make that leg... Not again

Leggy Ashley
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Hello,
So as I am have stated about a month ago I came out to the wife. Well, I have dressed a couple of times for her now. But, today we were going through my entire inventory. She was admiring all of my wardrobe and I don't really have a lot of ordinary every day clothes. Most of my wardrobe is very stylish dress up clothes. So here is the oops I did it again moment. She said wow you have a wonderful sense of style so how is it that on my everyday clothes you don't really have an opinion. And I responded with... Well honey I really have a stylish feel and you aren't very stylish. You are just a jeans and shirt type of girl... Man that was the stupidest thing that could have come out of my mouth. Why can't we think like women too???

Well as I am now eating crow I figured I would share for your laughing pleasure.

Kisses,
Ashley

Alice B
11-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Hope you like the taste of crow.

StaceyJane
11-14-2010, 03:54 PM
mmmmmmmm.......crow............

Phyliss
11-14-2010, 05:39 PM
How fortunate for you, a full week of "crow pie" for supper and a full week vacation in the "dog house"

Megan70
11-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Crow is very tough and stringy, plus it mockingly craws loudly back at you while you're eating it on your plate.
Filthy birds, can do without... but offer your wife a pair of panties to make amends

Andrea's Lynne
11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Think it might be time to use that sense of style and buy the Mrs. something pretty. I like to suprise my lovely bride with things I'd love to wear (and see her in).

Marcia Blue
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Sounds like hot tongue or cold shoulder, is on the menu at your house.

sissystephanie
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I hope you have a lot of Catsup, or some other sauce, for that crow. Better take her to VS and spend some money on her!!

Jay Cee
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Ouch! Not much to do but apologize (profusely).

Yeah, that thinking like a woman thing would really help sometimes.

GingerLeigh
11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah, stick that whole leg in your mouth. Shave first though, the stubble will kill you!

Debb
11-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, Ashley, thanks for giving this ol' girl a good laugh. Has happened to me more than I can count.

Tanya C
11-14-2010, 08:33 PM
You're lucky you're not chowing down on a knuckle sandwich.

Sallee
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Major mistake! I guess a better answer may have been ( I'm thinking 5 min latter) "Well honey I really have a stylish feel" (fill the Blank) and you do to I am just so use to it I don't think about it because you always look so stylish

Hows that No matter what you say you could have problems or your a heck of a politician.
Good Luck

Sarah Doepner
11-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Sounds to me like an apology that includes some shopping for stylish things for your wife might be in the cards.

PretzelGirl
11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to picture how to approach this:

"Honey, I'm really sorry and didn't mean that. How about I take you shopping for something stylish since you don't have anything?"

Nope

"Honey, what I meant was that I would like to give you a makeover."

Nope

"Honey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. Can I take you out to dinner and then we can go shopping for some new outfits and you can show me what you like on me?"

Maybe. Getting warmer possibly. Definitely leave the stylish word out or the other foot may be looking for some back teeth of its own.

Danni Bear
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
candy,flowers, annnnnndddddd an open credit card shopping trip would work for me. LOL

Danni

MaidJamie
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm glad I'm not you! You are in deep doo doo!

JulieC
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm looking deeeep into my crystal ball; it's coming clearer now...

I'm seeing a wife who is going to have one heck of a bangup Christmas!