PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Holiday Season

GirlieAmanda
11-14-2010, 11:56 PM
With my new Girlie Revolution in full swing I am entering the holiday season with a whole new outlook. Today was a "me" day. I started out at the hair salon to get my hair cut. Just my boy hair. Every time though, I speak to the girl about letting my hair grow out and the ramifications of that. Next to Best Buy and spending an hour looking at big TVs and HD cameras.

Then on to the real reason I went out, to go shopping for Amanda. I don't have a lot of money right now to spend so I went to Goodwill. There are so many good items there if you weed through the crap. Some very good name brands. Clothing that must have cost 10 to 20 times more new is all there for a very low price. I am starting to feel so comfortable shopping for myself now. I just don't care and neither does anyone else it seems. I picked up two really sexy skirts. One is about the cutest skirt I have ever bought. Black, suede, pleated about half way up, short, and it has a faux belt with a nice shiny buckle. It is lined with satiny lining. Soooo cool and cute. Got 3 more items all for $13.

Then...I went into the mall. OMG is it a fantasyland in there at this time of year. I have always loved the holiday season at the mall but it seems like it is much more magnified now for me. Its just like everything is on steroids. All the retailers pull out all the stops. Excess is everywhere. I can see with new eyes what is so thrilling about shopping at the holidays. I used to glaze over when my wife dragged me shopping. I would occasionally see something I like and enjoy it but it wasn't the same. Today I was shopping with my girl mind. I was so wishing that I was fully dressed. It just would complete the experience. My eyes were dancing over all of the sexy tall boots and strappy shoes. The Coach purses were calling to me from their glass cases. The jewelry was seducing me with their sparkle and shine. The makeup counters were beaming with beautiful bounty.

I continued on to Bath and Body where an array of girlie scents wafted past me. Then on to Victoria's Secret where it like a candy store for me. Everyone is so happy and jolly. Its early in the season I guess. This is the time when everything is fresh. The season has just begun and people are still polite and relaxed. I just wished I had just a little money to blow on some things. It was so nice to look though. It was exhilarating just to look at all of it though. Just to dream and picture myself in the clothes and the shoes. I was happy with my Goodwill clothes though. I try to appreciate every little thing I get now. I have had so little for so long. Now I am finding my way back. The sky is the limit now. But I will be thankful for every little step.

Kathi Lake
11-15-2010, 02:50 AM
For one as pretty as you, the sky is the limit, Amanda! Enjoy your Holiday season, and be sure to leave a little something under the tree for yourself!

:)

Kathi

Maria in heels
11-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Amanda..its great to see you "smile" thru this post, and I'm glad that you are finding yourself, having a good time, and actually feeling relaxed ... it didn't sound like you were relaxing at all during the relationship recently, and I know that this can be a true downer. Enough of that! Smile, be happy, and enjoy the holiday season!