PDA

View Full Version : compliments while in guy mode

Jane P
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
This is something I experienced this weekend while out in the afternoon with friends.It has me questioning what others see when they look at me.

Some friends and I went out to a pub Saturday afternoon to listen to some live music. The place was quite crowded but we managed to score the last table in the place. At the table next to us were two women , one of which looked familiar to me ,from what turned out to be a somewhat similar experience I had a few years back. We chatted back and forth briefly to try and get some extra chairs but they were expecting others and needed their chairs.

Anyways , when she went out for a smoke I went to talk to her to find out if she was the person I thought she was , turned out she wasn't. Then the odd part happened , She invited me back to her table and introduced me to everyone , then when I was returning to my own table she assured me that she surely would have remembered me and went on to tell me how beautiful I was , my face , my eyes , my general self. I took it as a compliment and continued on my way.

The funny thing is that the experience with the person I thought she looked like was somewhat similar . It started on a Saturday afternoon 3 or 4 years back. I happened to get the best table in the house for an music event that was happening in the evening. This woman asked if she could share my table as she had friends coming. I agreed and enjoyed a fantastic night of music and meeting a lot of interesting people. At the end of the night I was leaving to walk home when one of the women from the table offered me a ride , saying "a girl has to be careful walking home alone so late at night." I smiled and thanked her for the offer ( my wife was out of town , but I did not give in to temptation)

Anyways in both of these situations I thought I looked as manly as I could simply because I was not trying to be anything else but a guy out to have a beer and have some fun. Currently I am sporting a full beard , balding wearing work jeans t-shirt and clunky old shoes. The other time I can't recall if I had the beard or not ,but was definitely dressed similarly. I just find it odd that this happens to me.

Any similar experiences out there?

April Renee
11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
No I haven't had anything like that happen to me. How was the band?
April

Alice Torn
11-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Yes. Just today, at a restaurant in town. I ordered and ate soup and pancakes, then realized i forgot my wallet! I rode my bicycle home, had some coffee, then grabbed my wallet and went back. There was a gorgeous blonde watching me, and smiling from a booth, where the owner or manager usually sit! She gave me some of the most inviting looks, and twirled her hair. I looked her weay a few times, then quickly paid my bill, and left. I don't know her, and i don't think she knows me, other than that i eat there at times. Then, at Salvation Army, a young brunette cashier was very friendly to me, but i am old enough to be her dad. I guess this kind of thing happens to lots of guys, though, thankfully! I still have not had a date,in many months!

Karren H
11-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Nope... nothing even remotely close to that ever happened to me! sigh..........

ReineD
11-15-2010, 11:36 PM
She invited me back to her table and introduced me to everyone , then when I was returning to my own table she assured me that she surely would have remembered me and went on to tell me how beautiful I was , my face , my eyes , my general self. I took it as a compliment and continued on my way.

Jonnie ... I don't know if this is your situation or not, but I've read many times in this forum where the CDs feel they are not attractive in boy mode, or they feel invisible. My own SO told me once he didn't like to look at himself in the mirror.

I just want to say that so many people here are attractive in both modes, and the ladies do notice. It might be something of the feminine energy that is projected (everyone - men and women - has an amount of both the feminine and masculine energies), or it might just be plain, old-fashioned good looks, or maybe there's an inherent sensuality that shines through. Whatever it is, your attractiveness does shine through, as is evidenced by the people who've noticed it. :)

She gave me some of the most inviting looks, and twirled her hair. I looked her weay a few times, then quickly paid my bill, and left.

Louise, why didn't you say hi to the blonde on your way out? Did you at least smile at her? :)

Scenario:

1. Blonde sitting in a booth, twirling her hair and smiling at Louise.
2. Louise looks at the blonde, then looks away in order to tend to business.
3. Louise looks at the blonde again on her way out, and the blonde is still smiling engagingly.
4. Louise pauses, smiles back, and asks her, "Have we met before?"
5. Blonde says something like, "I'm not sure, but you do look awfully familiar".
6. The conversation picks up from there, with both parties talking about all the places where they might have met, and in the process they get to know each other better.
7. Then if there are sparks, they might decide to meet for coffee sometime, or lunch, and telephone numbers are exchanged.
8. After a few days, but no more than 4, Louise calls blonde to inviter her to lunch, that is, if the blonde hasn't called her first.

:D

Noemi
11-16-2010, 02:40 AM
Interesting Stuff Jonnie. You are most likely beautiful, and these women are probably sexually shaded a bit to the left seeing the girl in you.
I have had women throwing themselves at me for years. But I am a musician, and am at time playing in front of lots of women, all I have to do is make eye contact and that is about it, than of course go over and introduce myself and be charming etc. Then look around for husbands/boyfriends so I remain healthy and breathing and unbloody. They flirt with me when I am not performing too.
That, though it sounds exciting(and a tad egocentric), it is not that exciting to me, plus I am under dressed the whole bit at the gigs... .....and the kicker is I really am attracted to men anyway, so Irony is at play. The married guys I work with do not know what to think, they probably think I am gay, or not, it is never a good idea to take the girls home, or make it with them(The stalker factor), and you end up working at the same places often.

Interesting is that on two occasions I have had gay women come on to me, one time it was another musician that I was doing a show with and she was really kissing me and all over me, saying she can not understand why, she never is attracted to men, and she was butch. She was very aggressive but cool too and we worked together for a few months and I told her about Filomena.....and I must say I enjoyed being her submissive little bitch. I am not open about my sexuality with many people and, obviously can pass as a straight guy..but these gay women see/feel me, others probably do as well. I care less and less who knows what, and am feeling that I am free at the moment. Shit what does anyone else really know anyway.

Jane P
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks all for your responses.

April - there were several top notch musicians at this Jam ,which there always is , The joint was rockin.

Karren - maybe try wearing girls jeans , that'll do it. lol

ReineD - I think of myself as fairly average looking as a guy . I have received some compliments over the years about being a good looking guy , I don.t see it myself but I'm not complaining. It is the compliments that appeal to my feminine side ( which I try to keep hidden ) that stand out for me though . It just sort of makes me question if there is something I am doing that betrays my secret self.

Filomena - That sounds very similar , other than the groupies and stalkers . lol.

kimdl93
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
In my entire life, I have never ever become aware another person was attracted to me. My wife just says I'm oblivious. She's probably right.