PDA

View Full Version : the chick goes blading

Chickhe
11-16-2010, 12:32 AM
So, I have not gone roller blading since, before my daughter was born (because my wife and I used to go)... 8 years, but today the sun was out, it is one of the last days before the snow comes and it was just bearable 50 F but comfortable after working up some sweat. So, it took me about 5 minutes to throw on my face (just kidding, try an hour), exercise outfit and drove over to a bike path. Pretty uneventful, but surprisingly there were other people out too.

My thighs got a great workout and I didn't crash, but you have to watch it on the slippery leaves. My only question, and has anyone else got any funny reactions like this while out sporting around?... As I was pushing myself down the right side of the path, a guy biking towards me on the left, gives me a big smile and a thumbs up!... I assume he thought I was female because if he read me, I'm sure he would have said something or stopped to ask a lot of questions... it felt good, but I thought it was a strange interaction (I mean, as a guy, I never thought of doing that to any woman)... he was saying, good job, you look great... but what does a woman think (I'm glad I put on a good show..?)

Another fun thing happened, roller blading is not all that popular these days, but I saw one guy doing it and he smiled at me and had this look like he was glad we are in the same club. He got on the path just in front of me, and I actually thought about passing him just to show him up (is that called fliting?) anyhow there was no way I could catch up he just slowly pulled away in to the distance.

I feel refreshed.

note: I posted my image in the photo section under the thread 'girl sports'.

Stacy L
11-16-2010, 12:54 AM

I guess you can say you traded your heels for wheels for a day. :)

Angie G
11-16-2010, 01:10 AM
I haven't been on my blades in more then a few years And never as a girl. You go girl.I have been on my bike in my skinny jeans.:hugs:
Angie

Pythos
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM
What did your "exercise" outfit consist. This may be a key to their reactions.

Cheryl James
11-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I just returned from the beach where I roller bladed for the fifth time as Cheryl. It is so liberating to skate in femme mode. Tonight I wore short shorts (hip-huggers) and a sleeveless t-shirt (bra, forms, make-up, etc). In the five times that I have done this I have never heard anyone laugh or pay any special attention to me. There was a concert going on at a bandshell on my route. I skated the periphery and had no problems. As far as most people are concerned I am just another girl out skating. I take my MP3 and skate with the music and just enjoy the beautiful weather, the ocean, and being dressed as the real me.

docrobbysherry
11-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Bladin's great excersize! I go out occasionally. But, if Sherry tried it, she'd crash!

Karren H
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
That sounds like too much fun! and love your photo! I love getting my roller hockey skates out and going up to the church parking lot with my stick and a ball.. Great work out.. Never done it enfemme before.. all that sweat! I have taken enfemme bike rides on our rails-to-trails paths... Get a lot of smiles too but no thumbs ups... sigh....

Chickhe
11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Biking is enjoyable too. I've gotten a lot more positive reactions wearing a biking jersey and black spandex and they have ranged from guys honking horns, wolf whistles, friendly smiles from guys and girls and disapproving looks from the really old generation. What feels different, on my bike I feel like I can race away from any negative situation (although I've never had that problem) and on skates, its a little harder to go fast. The first time out in this skin tight wear I felt naked, it really blows your mind. The part I'm struggling with now, is I have no mens sports wear at all...crazy me.

Karren H
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
lol Having an exit strategy is important!! I'd hate to be locked in somewhere like a racket ball court with a guy that just decided he hates TG's and has a weapon!!