PDA

View Full Version : Subtle activism

kay2
11-16-2010, 04:55 AM
I've received a couple of interesting reactions lately to my appearance. For background, in public I sometimes wear skirts, hose, flats, simple jewelry, and my nails are usually long and painted. I do not wear a wig, and usually no make-up, though sometimes a little bit. Clearly I am a man dressed in women's clothes.

1) A woman that I did not know approached me and started a conversation about my appearance. She asked questions in a direct and respectful way. After telling her a bit about myself she began to cry. I gave her a hug and asked her if there was anything she wanted to share. She said that she has struggled with some issues, and appreciated that I was open to the world about myself. She thanked me for giving her courage. She said that by being myself I was an activist.

2) A GG friend told me that another GG friend of ours is becoming less shy as a result of seeing that I go out in the world as myself.

3) I have had many conversations with a GG friend about clothing/gender/appearance/etc. She is accepting of my appearance, but is sometimes skeptical. However, she made the comment that my style of clothing works because I look so good in the clothes I wear.

noeleena
11-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Hi.

Id go along with that & yes it works, & for this kid..oh yea. just one miner detail im a woman..

...noeleena...