PDA

View Full Version : How much time spent in drag??

Briana90802
11-16-2010, 10:32 AM
What percentage of your day(or week) do you spend in girl clothes? Or boy clothes if you're luck enough to be a gg(ftm)? And is it more or less than when you started? This doesnt include panties.

I tend to vary. Sometimes I spend a day to two days per week en femme but for the most part I not so much.

SherriePall
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Not enough.

About three hours once a week where I get all dolled up with makeup and hair and then there's the underdressing while at home. And there's the nightgown and panties I sleep in five nights a week for about six hours.

AKAMichelle
11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
I spend about 20 hours per day at least. Most days are 100% but there is always that function or task that must be done as a male.

Crissy Kay
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Over the weekends, when I usually dress, it may be about six hours.

Alice Torn
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
A few nights a week in pantyhose, and as it gets bitter cold, probably in tights everyday. Fully dressed, about six hours a month,

Lainie
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I have an iPhone app that surprises me when I ask it how much time I've spent playing Spider (answer: way too much), so probably I am underestimating the time I get to spend en femme as well. Approaching 100% under-dressed these days, but the fun really is going out to shop or dine fully en femme. That doesn't happen every week, or even every month. I intend not to offend my refusenik wife, so must sneak around or do without. Not a satisfactory solution, really, but the world is replete with worse problems.

Michelle James
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I spend about 20 hours per day at least. Most days are 100% but there is always that function or task that must be done as a male.

For me it's about the same now. It's seems that at some point during the week something comes up that requires my full attention as my male self. Also for the record I don't consider it to be "in drag" I loathe that term. I prefer to say those are the hours that I am actually me. The other times I am crossdressed as a man.

Trish
11-16-2010, 03:52 PM
For me, about eight to ten hours a day. Retirement is great!

Katie145
11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe 3 hours a week total when I'm on the road...no jewelry, wig, or makeup. My wife is tolerant, but not fully accepting. She made it clear to me she doesn't want me doing it around our son. The only times I get to go full blown is when she and the kid are out of town visiting family (maybe twice a year). Even though you disqualified it as dressing - Panties 100% of the time!

Stephanie47
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
About six to seven hours per day, Monday through Friday, and 24/7 when my wife is out of town.

Kiera79
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
About 4 days a week totally 100%. If it wern't for my SO liking to c me n male attire sometimes it would be 24/7

carhill2mn
11-16-2010, 04:23 PM
During a "usual" week and counting time in bed maybe a total of about 6 days. I need to be drab for a few hours 3 or 4 times a week. If I spend the weekend with my family I am not en femme.

kimdl93
11-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Since I work from home and have an accepting spouse, I spend at least 8-12 waking hours dressed, depending on whether either of the adult children are around.

Miranda71
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Underwear is nearly all the time for me. I'm just working on getting a few more women's vests. Its pantyhose all the time in the day time. I have just spent the evening in the new dress that my wife bought me, and believe me I've worked hard on her to get to this point!! I also wear very girly fleece pyjamas every night, so I would say I must be approaching 10-20% dressed in female clothes now.

renee k
11-16-2010, 05:09 PM
For me it's about the same now. It's seems that at some point during the week something comes up that requires my full attention as my male self. Also for the record I don't consider it to be "in drag" I loathe that term. I prefer to say those are the hours that I am actually me. The other times I am crossdressed as a man.

Spot on Michelle,

I totally agree with your comment. Like you the time I spend is being me.

Renee

Karren H
11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
As a percentage of available time... Approaching zero.... As a percentage of time awake... Not much better than zero... As a percentage of time on business trips... +50%. And as a percentage of tomorrow... 100%. :):):).

So it really depends... On how often my boss sends me on business trips!! There is no better fringe benifit than crossdressing on an expense account...

eluuzion
11-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Ditto

sherri
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
About 80% of the time. In the remaining 20%, I look like a girl.

;-)

Frédérique
11-16-2010, 07:27 PM
How much time spent in drag??
What percentage of your day (or week) do you spend in girl clothes?? And is it more or less than when you started? This doesn’t include panties.

I spend ZERO time in “drag,” but plenty of time dressed, thank you. I dress every night, at least, unless I can get out for an excursion en femme during the day. I sleep dressed as well. Is it more or less? About the same, I would say. Panties don’t count? By what definition?

To me, drag is an offensive term, not representative of all MtF crossdressing, and it is the antithesis, not the epitome, of effeminacy...:hmph:

Diane Smith
11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Pretty much full time on the weekends, from Friday evening until I get dressed for work Monday morning. And during the week, usually one or two evenings for maybe six hours at a stretch. But I'm underdressed all the time and always wear heels, earrings, long nails and some makeup, so I don't really have a full "boy" mode anymore.

- Diane

katrinakat
11-16-2010, 07:41 PM
The million dollar question.....I'll start by saying not enough obv! Time i get home from work, sleep in drag. Work again. Friday till Sunday the whole time. I wish I could find a job that would allow me to dress full time. But at times it can be distracting. It's hard to concentrate, when all your mind, body & soul is invested in being femme;
or day dreaming of color combinations......... and how you would wear a certain outfit different than the girls that surround you. I find myself jealous 90% of the day.

Why can't i dress like her? Or That seems so comfortable. It's endless!

katT

msginaadoll
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Well I"ve never been in "Drag" but it sure sounds like fun. Would love to be a Queen for the night. Now as for the time that I can spend as Gina dressed maybe 5 or 6 hours a week. I am always me though!

BLUE ORCHID
11-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Briana,

About 2 to 3 hours each early morning and late evening.

Orchid

Briana90802
11-16-2010, 08:13 PM

I spend ZERO time in “drag,” but plenty of time dressed, thank you. I dress every night, at least, unless I can get out for an excursion en femme during the day. I sleep dressed as well. Is it more or less? About the same, I would say. Panties don’t count? By what definition?

To me, drag is an offensive term, not representative of all MtF crossdressing, and it is the antithesis, not the epitome, of effeminacy...:hmph:

Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was meaning drag as dressed as a girl. Or at least that's what I thought it meant. Doesn't DRAB mean DRessed As a Boy??? :idontknow:

See now I'm trerribly embarassed. However it seems that no matter what you say it upset someone.

Again very sorry.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey, don't worry Brianna, we all may offend someone somehow with whatever we do,say, write or even ones appearance. I have long hair and I always manage to offend someone by my appearance and sometimes the "aussie" sense of humour is not taken too well but alas I cannot change me, else I live a lie. Be true unto yourself :)

Kelly Blaine
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Pretty much from 5 pm every weekday until 7 am the next morning and 100% on the weekends. But still, when I go to work I have my panties on.

rocktheplank
11-16-2010, 11:46 PM
One night a week, usually a Friday, and I will get dressed around 9 or so and stay en femme till the wee hours of the morning when the sun is coming back up. I want to stay as Alexxis for as long as I can, because once she is gone, I won't see her again till the next week. Wish I could dress more often, but people are always stopping by or I gotta meet with so and so, ugh!

Cheryl T
11-16-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm split about 50/50 these days. That's due to the need to earn a living at this stage, but when I come home it's off with the drab and on with the fab.

Noemi
11-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Great Thread. I am spending more and more time dressed. When I am home I am dressed and sleep with night gown panties and bra w/forms. Just finished shaving and painting my toe nails, Plum Luck. I feel very pretty. The more I dress the more my life is coming together. I have found serenity, though I hate that word.LOL Taking one day at a time, but I am thinking of moving more and more to full time girl status. I have found myself and I am a woman. Love that off with the drab on with the Fab. Very groovy Cheryl.

Michelle Crossfire
11-17-2010, 02:50 AM
i have a kid and work a rather weird schedule. i dress up when i am off and the kid is not at my house, as my work allows me several days off at a time. I dress when wife is at work, but don't get undressed when she gets home, i just wait for her all dressed. so to answer your question, it could be 2 days a week, but i could not be again for 2 weeks, all depends on other factors. I do enjoy getting dressed when i can.

Ashlee
11-17-2010, 10:25 AM
What percentage of your day(or week) do you spend in girl clothes? I'm probably in a 0.x number percentage.

t-girlxsophie
11-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Can get a cpl full days and nights dressed a week,otherwise I dress most days when I come home from nightshift,have one or two girlie free days a week when "he" gets a look in lol.

:hugs:Sophie

Loni
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
if just the outer clothing. it must be 80-% of total time.
if you go by undies it is 100% of my time.
if all dolled up it does drop to 60%
as i do not always put on makeup, but most of the time i am dressed in things i have bought for my self in the woman's dept. awake or asleep.

suchacutie
11-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I must admit that I assumed "drag" simply means "dressed as a girl" and has nothing to do with dressing for "impersonation performance". As with others I have to split up my time:

Almost always underdressed.

There are days when I'm mixed dressed: my jeans are all size 8, and I have some VS sweaters that I wear in male mode as vests under my suits, and then there are the days that the only thing I'm wearning that is argueably male is my socks! On the other side, we found that very high heels are incredibly theraputic for my chronic back problems, so I slip on my 5" clogs for about an hour a day! All tolled, that's probably 30% of my waking time.

Thenthere is the time that really belongs to Tina. Interestingly enough my wife has at times been concerned that Tina would start getting jealous of all the "guy" time that life sometimes presents to me. This is especially so now since for about a year the two of us won't be alone in the house, very much minimizing pure Tina time! So what used to be almost a day a week has been pretty thin lately. I had a week at a conference in late August and it's been pretty dry since then.

Tina (really missing her these days!)

Stephanie Anne
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I learned finally that drag is "dressed as a girl" and drab is "dressed as a boy". Did not know this.

I guess I could say I dress up as a boy every so often. when I have to enter one of the secure facilities for my work I still have to resent as my old self until my name change and gender marker paperwork gets done. I have almost started to enjoy crossdressing in drab :laughing:

Rianna Humble
11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I try to limit my time dressed to no more than 168 hours per week. I gave up cross-dressing (to pretend to be a man) about 18 or 19 weeks ago.

There is a whole thread now discussing the terms used to refer to when we don female clothing, but I am certain that the OP intended no offence and was asking a genuine question.

Marilyn Beck
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Although I have the urge and opportunity to dress most days, I try to limit my dressing (not always successfully) to about twice a week at home. Monday and Thursday are typically the designated dressing days. Usually I dress alone at home, but I have gone out in public for a couple of hours on a few occasions. Most of the time, I dress for about 4-6 hours during the day, but sometimes I stayed dressed for the evening when my wife gets home from work. I also wear a nightgown to bed once or twice a week. I almost never underdress; it doesn't do much for me and seems pointless.

Terricd48
11-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Pretty much from 5 pm every weekday until 7 am the next morning and 100% on the weekends. But still, when I go to work I have my panties on.

I' m the same as you for my dressing just different hours of the day.
And I also wear my panties all the time except to bed ....giggle.

Terri

sherib
11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Because of the living situation right now, not enough.

Frédérique
11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was meaning drag as dressed as a girl. Or at least that's what I thought it meant. Doesn't DRAB mean DRessed As a Boy???

Well, you must hate me by now, but please don’t think I’m the least bit upset about the word “drag” appearing in a crossdressing thread – it’s a polarizing term for some members, so it’s very presence generates discussion. That’s a GOOD thing. As I mentioned in one thread or another (I lose track sometimes), I have heard this “dressed-as-a-girl” definition. I heard it here, just a few months ago, so I know there are other meanings to the term. The over-riding fact is this – most people equate crossdressing, specifically MtF crossdressing, as drag (female impersonation), so it makes any attempt at understanding this inexplicable state of being that much more difficult. This (drag) may be the only point of reference an outsider may have when a loved one “comes out” and looks for support, so you may begin to see where I’m coming from. If you’re attempting to emulate females, and embrace all that is feminine, in an attempt to express (or incorporate) what comes from within, wouldn’t it be a shame to be seen as merely a female impersonator? How do you feel about DRAG, as opposed to d.r.a.g.?
:thinking:

See now I'm terribly embarrassed. However it seems that no matter what you say it upset someone.

Don’t be embarrassed. As I said above, generating discussion is a virtue, especially with innocuous (i.e. non-controversial) subjects like this. Words and terms are discussed endlessly around here; in fact this is the fourth or fifth discussion about drag since I’ve been a member. You may offend someone now and then, but that may lead to more discussion, and you (and the offended party) may just learn something about themselves. Please keep posting, and don’t worry about how you’re coming across – you’re doing just fine...
:)

Xandria
11-17-2010, 07:52 PM
for me.. i can get in a full day on saturday and maybe a half day on sunday.. during the week i just dont have the time and when tiff (g/f) and i are together she encourages it as much as possible, as long as her 4 girls are not around..

Briana90802
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
The one common theme I keep hearing is that no one seems to get enough time en femme. Does anyone like thier boy clothes? Or does everyone want to dress en femme 24/7????

ChristiesGurl
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was meaning drag as dressed as a girl. Or at least that's what I thought it meant. Doesn't DRAB mean DRessed As a Boy??? :idontknow:

See now I'm trerribly embarassed. However it seems that no matter what you say it upset someone.

Again very sorry.

Some people seem to take offense at this term, other's don't. My guy is a drag queen, so I don't. But, oddly enough, I do take offense at those that are so vhemently offended by the term and apply global discriptions and preconcieved notions to what it means. Christie is neither over the top nor flamboyant. She is simply DRessed As Girl when she preforms. In this way she has found an 'acceptable' outlet for her CD'ing. I am trying to change that, with loving acceptance of her female personality in hopes that he will be comforable being female in day to day situations.

Until we can change our ways of thinking that apply to all labels we will be stuck with negativity applied to us... I'm a GG here not a cisgendered woman, should I be offended? I'm not. It's just a word, but applying negativity to the word is what hurts. We are all trying to stumble through a gender defined world with spectrum sexuality... I have no name for what I am in gender terms. I was outed one time by a gay friend as liking, "chicks with d*cks", how's that for offensive? Still, that is pretty much the truth of it.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Edit: Frédérique, it is interesting to see the word "Tranny" in your signature. There is another thread today that states how that term is offensive to some. It just goes to show that it is all in what you make of it.

Janice Lester
11-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Briana,

As to your followup question, I dress about as much as I want to. Its nothing like 24/7 because I don't want to dress that often. Even with that, I am under dressed most of the time. And yes I do like my boy clothes quite a bit as well.

StacyCD
11-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I guess I'm like most that would like to dress more. It's been slow and steady progress for the past few years and my SO has progressed from don't ask don't tell to letting me sleep in long nightgowns with a bra and forms! I even dress sometimes when I'm working in my office downstairs. Yesterday, my SO came home and called down to have me come and get a box out of her car. Well, at the time I was dressed in fem jeans and heels, a bra and forms and a woman's top. Rather than do a quick change, I simply went up as dressed and brought the box from the car into the house. Since this was about 5 pm, I stayed dressed until bed time. So, I got to eat dinner and watch some television dressed enfemme. And the world didn't stop spinning! I hope this means that I'll be able to dress even more.

Mistybtm
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
:battingeyelashes:The Only time I am not dressed is when I have to work or run errons, other than that I am dressed 24/7:battingeyelashes:

tricia_uktv
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
From Friday evening to Monday morning at least. I can't wait until Friday evening :)

Melody Phillips
11-25-2010, 03:57 AM
Not nearly enough time. Only a few hours a week. I wish I could do more.

sissystephanie
11-25-2010, 08:10 AM
I never dress in "Drag!" But I do dress enfemme almost every day! Sometimes for only a few hours, at other times it is for all day. As I have said many times, I have no desire to actually be a woman! I just like to wear their clothes, whenever possible!

For those who don't know, Drag dressing is generally considered to be dressed to stand out! In other words, you dress to make people really notice you! Look at RuPaul for example! This definition came from a psychologist I spoke with some time ago. The word Drag does not mean dressing as a girl! Nor does Drab mean dressing as a boy. Men's clothing is usually not colorful or made to stand out in any way, therefore it is drab!

ArleneRaquel
11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I live as a woman 24/7.:battingeyelashes:

juligirl1984
11-27-2010, 03:18 AM
I dress every night when I decide to stay home for the evening. I sleep as a girl and wake up and do my morning routine as Juli. then I unfortunaly switch to male mode.

Raychel
11-27-2010, 03:18 AM
The only real time I get to dress is in the middle of the night on weekends, Friday night and Saturday night, When I can sleep in the next day.

I do underdress everynight for bed though.

The rest of the time I am just wishing and dreaming that I could get all dolled up.