PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere between Venus and Mars

Michelle 51
11-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I've always felt that i'm 1 person.All my life although i'm a male i've always had a lot of femme traits so i had to hide them so i could be a !! real man!! and now i've let her have some space and we're going somewhere "i'm not sure where" but she has a lot of my male traits.I'll always be a man with femme traits or if i ever decide to change a women with male traits.I know some of you are women trapped in a male body. What i'm trying to say is i've never been all male and in my case probaly could never be all women but always between the 2 somewhere.I don't know where or even if i'll reach that balance or just keep moving ,always moving towards something.My intent is not to offend any of you women who are on the road to womanhood because we are all different and who i am or how i feel about me has nothing to do with who you are or how you feel or your goals. hugs
Michelle

Amy Lynn3
11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I think you describe the feelings of most on the forum. For one I am glad I am someplace between the two. Why? Because I get to enjoy both the female and male side. How wonderful it is for me to be able to pick each and every day how I want to present or just stay in between male and female.

I know some people would look at us and say: I feel sorry for those tg people, because they are locked between male and female. Well the opposite is true for me...I look at the non tg people and say: You just don't know what you are missing by being totally male or female. Just my outlook on it, so hope I did not offend anyone, if I did it was not my intentions and I'm sorry.

Pythos
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
This definitely applies to me. I am not a manly man, and don't want to be. I just want to be me. I think I am a kind and thinking person (at least that is what I am told, usually by women that are headed out to go out with what turns out to be a jerk :).

Hayley 09
11-16-2010, 01:20 PM
i dont have many female traits whilst im male but i do feel the same way.

JohnH
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I for one am not strictly the "manly man" - I do have some feminine traits - long hair, breasts, and hips. It means I don't have to fool around with wigs, breast forms, or hip padding to wear skirts and dresses. I feel quite comfortable wearing a man's suit or a dress depending on my mood and circumstances. In this past summer when it was hot I wore denim skirts almost all the time instead of shorts, and now that the weather is cool, I wear flannel plaid shirts and long pants as a man. So it's really nice to have an expanded set of clothing options.

kimdl93
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah, pretty much describes me too. I know I'd like to imagine/pretend that I could be full femme full time, but in the harsh light of day, its not possible. I have too many family and professional entanglements to go 24/7

Joanne f
11-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Well Venus and mars is about right as i feel completely alien to everyone else , looking like one thing and feeling like another , it is so easy sometimes to forget that others do not view you as you view yourself ( maybe that is just as well ):devil:

suchacutie
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
You've put your finger on the craziness for many of us. I doubt there would be anyone who sees me in drab and has any doubt about my gender. For me it is the emotional side of things that has feminine streaks. As you all know, that combination makes it insane when I try to shove this male body into a feminine form, but my emotional self has no trouble at all making the transition.

Looking at my gendered self from that perspective, I'm really happy that we made the decision from the beginning to separate the two genders. I'm quite comfortable letting Tina be herself without the constraints of any emotional maleness. That leaves her with the body problem to handle, but she is working that out pretty well. Also, in drab that lets me understand a "Tina response" to some life situation, allowing me to understand where my male emotions and mental actions stop and start; Tina's emotional personality is allowed to be understood as well in this way.

By making a separate life for Tina, it's helping to compartmentalize and strengthen both sides of my gender spectrum.

:)

Frédérique
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
What i'm trying to say is i've never been all male and in my case probaly could never be all women but always between the 2 somewhere.I don't know where or even if i'll reach that balance or just keep moving ,always moving towards something.

Somewhere between Venus and Mars is the planet Earth, right in the “Goldilocks Zone,” just the perfect distance from the Sun to allow life to flourish. Also, you find yourself between male and female, a perfect synthesis of the genders, and an ideal assemblage of this and that, which makes for a truly interesting and rewarding life, wouldn’t you say?

Yes, in our particular case it’s not about being “trapped,” but our very existence necessitates being “caged” by society, eager to break free but constrained by prejudice. Isn’t this gender integration a lot like childhood, before we were forced down the path of our assigned gender, away from the innocent one-ness we were once allowed to experience? Skip ahead many years, and the confused adult seeks what he lost – that latent memory of a bygone time, when you could be a more complete entity, an internal, perfect union of male and female. Alas, here on Earth such simple ideas are inexplicable, dangerous, or worse. Can’t we be what we wish to be?
:sad: