PDA

View Full Version : Feeling not properly dressed when not wearing a bra

Freddy12
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
As I have more and more often been wearing a bra, something I never expected has begun to happen. When I'm not wearing a bra, I feel like I'm not properly dressed. It's like I'm not complete. This is a very strange feeling. I very much want to feel the shoulder straps on my shoulders and the band around my chest. I just never ever expected these feelings. Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in this?

Hellen
11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I have same feeling. But I think I feel that because I wear bra almost every day at home. For me it's most comfortable thing :)

Karren H
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Obviously your not a liberated woman want-a-be like some of us!! lol

Veronica 1
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I have worn a bra 24/7 for the past year and I feel totally naked now without the comforting hug of my bra.

anonymousinmaryland
11-16-2010, 08:04 PM
When I am not wearing a bra, I have the same feeling: I am not dressed and it doesn't feel right. I feel naked. So Freddy12, you are not alone.

katrinakat
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Surprisingly, yes, TOTALLY. Bras were never a priority, but lately I feel its a necessity. Nothing, feels right without a bra. Even going to sleep! KatT

ColleenW
11-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I feel exactly the same way. Even when I'm in male mode it just doesn't feel right not to be wearing a bra.:o

docrobbysherry
11-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Nah! I wear plenty of OTHER shoulder strap foundation items when I dress.

However, I find a bra is an ABSOLUTE NECCESITY when I dress!! Otherwise, the only thing that keeps my breast forms out of my underwear is my BELT!

sissystephanie
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Other than for my time in the military and the 5 years I quit being a CD, I have worn a bra since I was 9 years old. BTW, that is longer than a lot of you have been alive! I was told to do so by our family doctor because I had breasts very much like a girl! He said if I didn't wear a bra they would start to sag. I was thin, but my breasts were 36 B's at the time. They are now 40 B's. I wear a bra all day every day, unless I am not wearing a shirt! And I also feel undressed if I don't have one on!!

RADER
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I am with all of the above; I like wearing a bra. Now say a year ago, I only wore a bra at home,
Now I have a bra on under most of my drab shirts. The winter air allows for heaver shirts, so no strap
lines. Yeah! This forum has taken me a long way, and I love it. Thanks to all. Rader

NathalieX66
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
To me, wearing a bra seems like a fetish element, or lying to yourself unless you truly do have real boobs to fill them in. Not that I have a problem with anyone who chooses to do so. Sorry if I offend anyone here. Make yourself happy.
I wear one when I go out...with a little assistance in the silicone department, of course. My VS bras are my favorite.

I feel girly enough in a lacy silky cami top when not wearing a bra.

JustineFallow
11-17-2010, 03:13 AM
I feel underdressed if any element is missing, to be truthful. The perfectionist Virgo in me, maybe?

erickka
11-17-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't feel complete without my bra and forms. It has become second nature, so without it, I'm lost! LOL

boardpuppy
11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
I agree, going without a bra and forms is so unnatural, it's not...not done, so unlady like. It's so natural to get up in the morning and dress.

Hugs,
Alice

t-girlxsophie
11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Wearing my Bra is the most natural feeling in the world,I started in a small way wearing it now and again,but I find it comforting now wearing it at every opportunity,esp love seeing pattern of my bra under white t-shirt:daydreaming:

:hugs:Sophie

ColleenW
11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
I find it comforting now wearing it at every opportunity,esp love seeing pattern of my bra under white t-shirt:daydreaming:

Finding it comforting - what a great way to put it Sophie! I too like the look of the bra pattern under a white t-shirt, espicially when the effect is subtle, maybe just a hint of color or back strap.:o

alice clair
11-17-2010, 07:51 AM
I love my bra too and don't feel complete without it. I put it on as soon as get out of the shower everyday, if i could i would wear one 24/7. Have a fem day

Michelle

Stephenie S
11-17-2010, 07:57 AM
To the OP, yes all girls feel this way. At least I think almost all girls do. First you WANT to wear a bra but you can't. It's "too grown up". Then when you first do get one you are SO proud you even want to wear it to bed. You just don't want to take it off, EVER. Eventually, though it becomes just another chore. How long does this take? Oh I dunno. I guess it's different for different women. But personally, now, at this point in my life, I breath a BIG sigh of relief when I finally get to take the darn thing OFF. I the summer, when you add the discomfort of heat and humidity, I try to not wear one at all unless I am at work in the AC. In the summer I wear a lot of strappy camis with built in shelf bras just for comfort.

But yes, I sure do remember the excitement of the first few years of getting to wear one at all. Yeaaa!

Stephie

ClaireT
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
No, you're not alone in feeling this way. I wear a bra most of the time nowadays and those times when I don't it just doesn't feel right or comfortable. I've got gynecomastia so my bras do make day to day activity much more comfortable.

crossdressed4fun
11-17-2010, 08:01 AM
i wish i had more time to wear my bra, but unfortunatley, my living situation and job prevent me from doing it. so i envy you.

k lynn
11-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes I wear a bra daily and have for several years nowdo not feel right without one on

stefcd1
11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Feeling incomplete without my bra? absolutely!! I wear my bra all the time I am not at work and have started to sleep in my bra and forms. Now, I cannot go to sleep without wearing a bra. Where will this stop?

Misty G
11-17-2010, 10:32 AM
You are surely not a lone as I wear almost daily. Feels really naked with out it

Oilpainter35
11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
I agree that the feel of the strap around my chest and straps over the shoulder let me know I am as I should be. I love the feel I used to worry about the look, but now the feel is the most important. (by look I mean size of the breasts. I am a natural 40 c) Now I just like the feel of the material and the look of the bra unser a sheer blouse. A lacy white bra under a sheer blouse looks wonderful to me. I do feel empty when walking around without a bra on. I cannot wear them as often as I would like. Thanks for the post Freddy12......I think you should change your name to Freda38. Just a joke.......Drew

gabe
11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
I do not have breasts, but I feel naked without a bra, so I wear one almost all the time. I know this for a fact, if I were to have breasts I will not want to wear a bra at all, I am a sucker for the braless look on GG. Is that a paradox or what?

Cassiecd
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
To me, wearing a bra seems like a fetish element, or lying to yourself unless you truly do have real boobs to fill them in. Not that I have a problem with anyone who chooses to do so. Sorry if I offend anyone here. Make yourself happy.
I wear one when I go out...with a little assistance in the silicone department, of course. My VS bras are my favorite.

I feel girly enough in a lacy silky cami top when not wearing a bra.

Well it looks like I might be in the minority here! But then again I guess I have to define my terms and understanding of this thread.

First: the breast forms. Yes, i usually feel incomplete and not properly dressed without them. My forms come with clear straps so i can wear them like a bra. It gives me a wonderful bust line so i can choose to go "bra less" or wear a bra over them. I almost ALWAYS choose braless..I love the look and bounce. So what are we talking about here: the feel of straps around our busts or the busts them self?

I need the look and feel of the bust myself. Glue ons with out straps are fine too! However, I do, as Nathalie said, occasionally enjoy the feel of a satin cami with no bra or forms. Hard to feel the luxury with a bra on.

Thank goodness for technology though! With todays silicone and my age.....my breasts stay perky and do not need the support of a bra.

Leslie Langford
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
It's funny - while most GG's seem to hate having to wear bras, I enjoy wearing one. And even though mine all fit very well, I am always aware that I have one on. It's a comforting feeling that is always there in the background - almost like being hugged - and maybe that's because it constantly reminds me of my girly side wheter I am underdressed or in full femme mode, which I relish.

It's funny, in male mode I always wear either a T-shirt or a "wife-beater" style undershirt under my regular shirts, as otherwise I feel incompletely dressed. Yet in female mode, even though a bra in essence is nothing more than thin band of material stretching across one's chest, I never get that same feeling of incompleteness when wearing one - in fact, it's the exact opposite.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
When I was heavier I never liked wearing bras, partially because I had a little bit of man-boobage going on and it always bothered me that the fat on my chest could fill the bra, and also probably partially cause the bras I wore (rarely) were likely too small and they hurt and were uncomfortable. Now that I've slimmed down and now that the one bra I own fits me better, I can wear it without much trouble, but I still don't like to do it very often. I also still think wearing it all day would be horribly uncomfortable.

JohnH
11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't wear any bras and I don't have any since my breasts pass the pencil test - the pencil falls to the floor. [Added comment] If I get to the point where my breasts fail the pencil test and the pencil stays under the breasts I will seriously consider wearing bras. [/Added comment]

I'm not a lingerie freak - it doesn't make much difference if I am wearing a man's brief or a woman's panties.

Hayley 09
11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
I only dress occasionally but I know what you mean about wanting to feel the straps on your shoulders, they are very comfortable.

jackielou
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
i wear a bra 24/7 sleep in a bra makes my breast feel more comfortable and when out in male mode would not consider going without my bra i have worn one for years even under my work shirt no problems

Christina2008
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I wear mainly gel filled bras that give me a nice shape when I wear a dress or blouse on top. It would look wrong to see me without that shape now. However the feeling of it supporting your “chest” is so great too.

I too wear all night and to bed, and feel empty when I need to remove it to go to work. 10 hours later and I’m back in a bra again.

Freddy12
11-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you for the wonderful responses. I feel that my feelings about wearing a bra have been affirmed. Many of us love the feel. It's luxurious. Thanks for the support!

Marla
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I wear a bra all day every day and I love it. It makes me feel complete even if I'm wearing mostly drab clothing. When I can wear my boobies in it thats the best of all!

Leslie Langford
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you for the wonderful responses. I feel that my feelings about wearing a bra have been affirmed. Many of us love the feel. It's luxurious. Thanks for the support!

No pun intended regarding the support part, right? :doh::eek::heehee::D

Freddy12
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, I recognized the double meaning when I wrote it, and decided not to change the wording.

Rachel B42
11-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I have had the same feeling. There have been a few times I can't wear what I want and I really don't feel completely dressed.

Eve II
11-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I have as many bras as my SO. My New Years Resolution was to wear a bra everyday - ( sadly :sad: I've missed 3 days). I love how they hold my "girls". How
I get the little giggle and I always think " Wow, girls always experienced this feeling & I want to catch up on what I've missed." Some of my favorite bras are ones that I have cut out the cup leaving just th demi strap with the underwire. This allows complete overhang with my nipples rubbing the fabric of whatever I'm wearing. I always wear this type when I underdress. Like others have written, I feel undressed
without the feeling of all the straps in place. To me, the bra holding my breast is a major feeling in my letting out my fem side and desire.

diannecourtney
11-18-2010, 07:42 AM
I join most of the ladies, I am lost w/o a bra full of my trukare 8's. Iust love it when my french nails cross them up.:)

Claire Cook
11-18-2010, 09:02 AM
It's funny - while most GG's seem to hate having to wear bras, I enjoy wearing one. And even though mine all fit very well, I am always aware that I have one on. It's a comforting feeling that is always there in the background - almost like being hugged - and maybe that's because it constantly reminds me of my girly side wheter I am underdressed or in full femme mode, which I relish.

It's funny, in male mode I always wear either a T-shirt or a "wife-beater" style undershirt under my regular shirts, as otherwise I feel incompletely dressed. Yet in female mode, even though a bra in essence is nothing more than thin band of material stretching across one's chest, I never get that same feeling of incompleteness when wearing one - in fact, it's the exact opposite.

Ditto! I wear one whenever I can, which is anytime I don't have to take my shirt off. (Well, I'll wear one when I see my GG physician...) My wife asks me why I love to wear them, since she would go without if she could. Who's to explain it, other than what my signature says?

Emily Ann Brown
11-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I am never without a bra or a "shelf" cami. My breasts need the support.

Em

Cheryl James
11-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Unlike many of you I am unable to wear a bra all the time. However, when I can wear one, I do so 24 hours per day until life makes me take it off. Wearing a bra is the single most affirming part of my dressing. If I could I would wear one everyday, I would without hesitation.

countrygirl
11-18-2010, 12:43 PM
same here

Christine Abrams
11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm with most here, I feel inappropriate without a bra, especially so because of my 38 C size! To be honest, sometimes it almost feels like an obligation to wear one; like someone above said, I do not want them to sag.

Juliemckay
11-18-2010, 12:55 PM
It depends on what I'm doing and what I'm wearing if I feel "incomplete" without a bra. I have a couple of dresses that I can't wear a bra with, some top need a bra. I was doing some roof repair on my house and didn't feel the need for a bra then.

PS: I'm a natural full B (maybe small C). I don't wear forms

MelonieS
11-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I have commented to my GF that she can't wait to get out of her bra,
And I can't wait to put one on.

Freddy12
11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
The other day when we were leaving the house, my wife put on a bra and wanted to make absolutely sure that I had taken mine off. I was sad. I wanted to wear my bra. She was pretty adamant. Oh, well.

JohnH
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm with most here, I feel inappropriate without a bra, especially so because of my 38 C size! To be honest, sometimes it almost feels like an obligation to wear one; like someone above said, I do not want them to sag.

You do have a very good reason to wear one. I know of a young man who really needs to wear a bra because of the size of his breasts. If my breasts get bigger and I do not pass the pencil test I will wear a bra even en homme so that other males who need to wear one will not feel as if they are the only ones who need to wear one.

For males not to be able to wear bras if they are necessary, because of this stupid "masculinity anxiety" fear, is REALLY bad!!

And for you "sisters" that have sagging breasts that do not pass the pencil test you should be adamant in wearing your bras - don't back down.

TommyII
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I finally found a wide band, unlined, softcup, three hook bra in a 38a. They are so comfortable and hide my nipples. It's a real pleasure to wear under t-shirts. Always wear one unless I wear a too tight t-shirt that would show the straps. When that happens I am showing off my breats and nipples which is another story.

Juliemckay
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
You do have a very good reason to wear one. I know of a young man who really needs to wear a bra because of the size of his breasts. If my breasts get bigger and I do not pass the pencil test I will wear a bra even in drab so that other males who need to wear one will not feel as if they are the only ones who need to wear one.

For males not to be able to wear bras if they are necessary, because of this stupid "masculinity anxiety" fear, is REALLY bad!!

And for you "sisters" that have sagging breasts that do not pass the pencil test you should be adamant in wearing your bras - don't back down.

I have never heard of 'the pencil test' until this thread. So I had to try it. I passed the pencil test OMG!! Well, just barely, I passed it.

Bob Roe
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes, I know what you mean.I have a black, long length, hook in front that I use with my forms. i share your feeling.

diannecourtney
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Thought id added my two cents to this. But I like to think my skills of fastening my VS bras behind my back has developed along with the tweeking of my nipples each AM. Anyway,the trukares have had a coat of adhesive and they truly must feel like th e real thing for 4 or 5 days. Happiness is.

JenniferB
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
If I could I would wear one everyday, I would without hesitation.
I see lots of CD's say this. It's a different sensation when you have implants and wearing a bra isn't really optional.
I mean I love it, but I don't really have a choice at this point.

Jenniferpl
11-20-2010, 05:05 AM
When I have to sleep alone, I have to wear a bra or else I will never get any sleep.

bimini1
11-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Another item most women don't like to wear but we do. Fascinating.

AKAMichelle
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I know what you mean since I feel like something is missing

Michaella
11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Very much my experience and feelings too. There's something about the "harness" feel of a bra that is very appealing to me.

Michaella

MelonieS
11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
So what is or how do you do the " Pencil test"?

JohnH
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
So what is or how do you do the " Pencil test"?

Put the pencil under the breast next to the chest wall where it would fold over. If the pencil drops you don't need a bra. If the breast fold-over holds the pencil up you need a bra.

ColleenW
11-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Put the pencil under the breast next to the chest wall where it would fold over. If the pencil drops you don't need a bra. If the breast fold-over holds the pencil up you need a bra.

Even if the pencil falls I still think I need a bra:D:D:D

sometimes_miss
11-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm not exactly sure what it is; once I'm dressed it really doesn't matter, but when I'm getting dressed as a girl putting on a bra, body briefer or whatever foundation garment is just part of getting dressed.
It's more that when I'm getting dressed as a guy, I have to consciously think NOT to put one on, and that feels 'unnatural' for quite a while. I always feel like I'm in the wrong clothes when I'm dressed in male clothing.