PDA

View Full Version : Soreness in the Breasts

Diane Elizabeth
11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
For the last 2 or 3 weeks my breasts have been sore, tender, and very sensitive. I knew this was comming, however, I wonder how long it lasts. I am sure no two answers will be the same, just looking for an abverage to estimate by as a sign of progress.

Melody Moore
11-17-2010, 02:48 AM
My breasts haven't been too bad, a little tender but I can already tell that the soreness starts in the centre and spreads outward more as my breast develop. I think it will continue right through my breast development. And I understand that takes 4–6 years to complete depending upon genetics, but can sometimes as long as 10 years on hormone therapy.

MarieTS
11-17-2010, 03:10 AM
I've been on mones for just a very few short months. Despite very modest growth (buds), I haven't had any real tenderness until this past week. But now it's here with a vengence. Ouchie! I sure do hope Melody's 10 year estimate is way-off. The endo and I are going to have to talk about this torture. I haven't heard of GG's experiencing anything like this. I hope this will simply be an on-off thing during the growth phases, not a full-time torture session. Maybe we ought to put the terrorists on HRT instead of water boarding them. LoL

Danni Bear
11-17-2010, 03:29 AM
I've been on mones for just a very few short months. Despite very modest growth I haven't had any real tenderness until this past week. But now it's here with a vengence. Ouchie! I sure do hope Melody's 10 year estimate is way-off. The endo and I are going to have to talk about this torture. I haven't heard of GG's experiencing anything like this. I hope this will simply be an on-off thing during the growth phases, not a full-time torture session. Maybe we ought to put the terrorists on HRT instead of water boarding them. LoL

Marie,
yes GG's do experience this also,some to the same extent that we do.The tenderness and pain does ebb and return in cycles. The length and severity varies with each person. Ten years is a long time,fortunatly for most it doesn't last nearly that long. For most the pain and soreness pass in 2 to 3 years. The tenderness will ease but last a lifetime.

Danni

Melody Moore
11-17-2010, 05:52 AM
sure do hope Melody's 10 year estimate is way-off.

Giggling here right now about your torture joke :heehee:

I was talking about the time for overall breast development itself could take up to 10 years on Hormone Therapy. Lucky for me mine don't really get painfully sore but there is probably genetic reasons behind that as well. I had A cup sized breast before I started on hormones. They hurt sometime if I bump into something & might feel sore for awhile afterwards.

I would go on Danni's advice because she transitioned quite awhile ago.

Bree-asaurus
11-17-2010, 06:40 AM
I've had soreness for a couple months now (some weeks worse than others)... and omg the pain when you accidentally jam your thumb into them when turning over in bed (or other women who have opened car doors into them!!!)... wow...

You get used to it though.

Gerrijerry
11-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Sensitive yes, that will happen forever just like they are for any woman. Sore or pain happens in cycles and goes away also as it does in many woman during there cycles. Woman get used to it as you will. The amount of sensitivety is different for each person.
If you want to be a woman it is not just playing with the clothes it is also understanding that your body will react in many ways as a womans will. Sometimes that is great others not so much fun. Male parts are also sensitive. both male and female parts react that way for a reason think about it. Please don't tell me you never have heard a woman say please they are very sensitive "now" and if they hit something with their breasts at that time the pain is obvious. That is why woman wear bras to help protect themselves and to handle the weight.

Stephenie S
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
This is difficult to make rules about. All the above posts should start out with the caveat: "For ME" . . . . . . . or, in my experience . . . . . . or whatever.

But in general, I think one could say that it doesn't last forever. The soreness does go away. When, seems to be different for everyone. For some women, soreness and tenderness goes right along with breast growth and can come and go as your breasts develop. But some women report no discomfort at all. Or perhaps, they have just forgotten about it.

Stephie

Traci Elizabeth
11-17-2010, 09:53 AM
In my case, except for exactly 30 days a couple of months ago both my breasts have been extremely painful for the 9 months I have been on HRT.

I can only add that my female breasts have grown very rapidly to a full 36B or 34C in these nine months. I am also on mega doses of Spiro (due to having high blood pressure prior) and maxed out on my estrogen patches.

My HRT doctor has examined me and only says, count your blessing you are reacting so well the the hormones but that my "constant" pain is not that usual for the amount I quick growth I have had.

Also as I have said several times before here, all the women in my family have large "perky" breasts so I guess I am gifted with good genes that react quickly to hormone therapy.

Nevertheless, my pain is probably more severe than most although I have no way of proven that. :D

Unless that is any of you gals want me to physically press your breast tissue with my fingers to test your pain response! :lol2: (Karen where are you?)

Bree-asaurus
11-17-2010, 10:40 AM
This is difficult to make rules about. All the above posts should start out with the caveat: "For ME" . . . . . . . or, in my experience . . . . . . or whatever.

That would be redundant :P

Karen564
11-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Unless that is any of you gals want me to physically press your breast tissue with my fingers to test your pain response! :lol2: (Karen where are you?)

Did someone call my name? :lol2:

Traci Elizabeth
11-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Did someone call my name? :lol2:

YES! YES! YES! :hugs:

Karen564
11-17-2010, 12:26 PM
YES! YES! YES! :hugs:

LOL, Your so funny....lol :hugs:

Why did I suddenly get the impression that you want to give me a breast exam...:lol:

Yes Miss Karen, come this way, Dr. Traci ,Gyn. is ready to see you now... LOL

Traci Elizabeth
11-17-2010, 12:42 PM
LOL, Your so funny....lol :hugs:

Why did I suddenly get the impression that you want to give me a breast exam...:lol:

Yes Miss Karen, come this way, Dr. Traci ,Gyn. is ready to see you now... LOL

I Promise It Won't Hurt!

I may have to double or even triple check to make sure of my findings! ;););)

Karen564
11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL, OK Doc, feel away, I just hope your hands are warm....:whistling:

For the last 2 or 3 weeks my breasts have been sore, tender, and very sensitive. I knew this was comming, however, I wonder how long it lasts. I am sure no two answers will be the same, just looking for an abverage to estimate by as a sign of progress.

All I can say is this can vary from one to the other...
I had some tenderness that came & went for a period of about 2 years...and were more sensitive to colliding with hard objects for another 3 years, but now after 6 years, there just there another part of my body except they do hurt if I run without a sports bra. so I don't run...lol

Traci Elizabeth
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
LOL, OK Doc, feel away, I just hope your hands are warm....:whistling:

If they are not wam when I start, they sure will heat up quickly!!!!!! :heehee:

Karen564
11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
If they are not wam when I start, they sure will heat up quickly!!!!!! :heehee:

I'm very sure they would too..:o

jackielou
11-17-2010, 02:11 PM
the caffine combined with the hormones will contribute to the pain my doc tells me all the time to stay away from chocalote and caffine but i cant so i wear a bra 24/7 and that helps alot you may want to try that

sandra-leigh
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
the caffine combined with the hormones will contribute to the pain my doc tells me all the time to stay away from chocalote and caffine

I never touch coffee, and herb teas are fine with me, but stay away from chocolate?? :eek:

Stephanie Anne
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Try supplementing vitamin E. This was a huge help for me. And I am 5+ months on with soreness but it does go in an out so I do have a few weeks of peace at a time.

Aprilrain
11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
NO caffeine? Thats plain crazy!

Karen564
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
NO caffeine? Thats plain crazy!

Yes !, that certainly is Crazy !
LOL....Honestly, I've drank a pot of coffee every day since a youngster...& frankly don't know how I would of survived without it....lol

:coffee::coffee2:

Danni Bear
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Ladies,

think about this. caffine is a stimulant,and hormones stimulate the growth of breast tissue. in some cases but not all caffine can aggreviate the pain and discomfort. Caffine is also a diaurtic and causes you to lose more fluids, this can also stress your systems when on hormones. am i saying to stop using caffine, of course not. partake but use common sense and don't overdue it. too much and your body will complain.

Danni

Melody Moore
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes !, that certainly is Crazy !
LOL....Honestly, I've drank a pot of coffee every day since a youngster...& frankly don't know how I would of survived without it....lol

:coffee::coffee2:
Coffee is a fact of life for me, its like having a cigarette, I find its affects calming and I don't suffer from the extreme soreness in the breast others talk about here unless I bum into something. Some tenderness is present sometimes, but nothing unbearable thats for sure. I think we all differ a great deal in how such things as hormones & caffeine will affect us.

StephanieC
11-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok, stupid question. When people talk about pain, where exactly is that? My nipples are painful when I touch them, especially when I hit something or brush up on something. The left is much worse than the right. But the rest of the breast tissue is no problem. Is the sort of pain people are describing?

Danni Bear
11-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Stephanie,
yes and no. lol

for some the pain and tenderness is mainly in the nipple and aerola region. for others it starts there and spreads outward through the entire breast area. the pain and discomfort is not usually the same in both breasts and brushing against or hitting them on something does bring a sharp increase in it.

Danni

TommyII
11-17-2010, 11:39 PM
For me it's sometimes a sensative awareness, other times it's is anything happening? Some days are OMG it's working, other days are WTF. I prefer the OMG days and deal with it.

Traci Elizabeth
11-18-2010, 08:54 AM
My pain and tenderness is through out my mammary disk underneath my nipples, areolae, and spiraling outwards. For me it is sharp pain coming from the growth of existing and developing lobules and routing ducts.

I can actually walk my index and middle fingers around in a spiral coming out from my areolae and feel most of the lobules and when I touch one that is either increasing in size or just developing, I get a sharp pain just from lightly touching it.

Also at times, I just get a constant throb (not pulsating) which my doctor states is from my breasts becoming fuller and larger. My Cooper's ligament is stretching/thickening and becoming stronger. My overall glandular tissue is increasing as well as my breast fat.

My doctor stated that both types of pain are normal and some of us have more pain than others. He also thinks I am beginning to develop milk glands. How he figures that one out, I have no idea.

But the point is that with all that growth and creation of new structures within your breasts, it is no wonder they don't hurt or hurt even worse.

Just accept it and rejoice in it as if it where not happening, you would not have female breasts.

I do not think men who have Gynecomastia have this sort of pain or tenderness as their breast tissue from my understanding is mainly comprised of fatty tissue. But I'm not a Doc so don't take that as gospel.

Stephanie Anne
11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
My doctor stated that both types of pain are normal and some of us have more pain than others. He also thinks I am beginning to develop milk glands. How he figures that one out, I have no idea.

Next time your doctor mentions that, moo.

Louise C
11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
mooo :D :D :D