PDA

View Full Version : Eureka! Maybe?

sterling12
11-17-2010, 04:07 AM
Like virtual every trans person at some time in their existence, I asked: "Why, and What caused me to be like this?" As I progressed and learned, I realized that NO ONE had The Answers, including myself. So....we give up trying to find those kinds of answers and work on Self-Acceptance.

BUT, suddenly The Other Day something popped into my head, and for some reason I think it might have validity for SOME of us. It's not a Total Answer, (and I'm pretty sure one single answer doesn't exist,) but it's a possibility for at least some Gurls.

So here we go. I'll give you background about Joanie, and formulate The Theory after I fill in some of The Blank Pages.

I was told by My Late Mother that I was one of those kids that had A Blanket. A Symbolic "Totem" if you will, that I hung on to up till about age four. Said Blanket literally got so thread-bare, it turned into rags of cloth, but I still held on to it! One of my earliest memories also around age four, is having a small collection of my Mother's and Sister's Stockings, which I kept in a small wooden box. So, there is an Overlap, and Stockings have always been a particular favorite, and will continue to be favorites until I die.

Now here's The Theory. I imagine most of us have seen or heard The Term "Fetish Crossdresser." It's A Favorite Label attributed to The Majority of Crossdressers by many Psychologists who write big, pontifical, books. Personally, I don't go along with it, because A "Classic Fetish" is considered to be A Symbolic Object, that The Fetishist needs to have Sexual Relations. There are just too many functional CD's who have families, and don't seem to require Panties, or whatever to mate with their spouses. BUT, most every CD I have known DOES have A "Preference." Some object of femme clothing that they value above all else, and will almost always wear that particular favored item.

And Finally, we come to My New Pet Theory: "Is it possible, that many of us had very early experiences with some sort of "Talisman," and did we somehow transfer our early love of our Teddie, Blanket, Thumb, Favorite Toy, Doll, etc., etc. onto A Femme Clothing Object?" Perhaps some of us, rather than going Ga-Ga over A Tricycle, picked up Mommie's Panties and THAT took The Place of The Lost Blankee?" Now I can't explain where we got The Desire for The Original Object, and not every CD is dressing and experimenting with Female Clothes so early, but I'm thinking it's a possibility for at least some of us. Around Age Four is when Mom usually makes sure you got rid of whatever that early "Preference Object" was. Is it a coincidence that Early Onset Trans Children, would be losing an object and picking up another "Desire" centered around femme object(s) at about the Same Time?

It's all conjecture, and I'm not going to try for A Doctoral Dissertation. But, I thought it was kind of an interesting idea, and I though I would share. It would be interesting to see how many of you can relate stories of a similar nature.

Peace and Love, Joanie

rocktheplank
11-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Interesting thought process, and while I agree with many of your points, there are just too many variables for why we dress. Hell, I don't know why I dress, and yes, I did have that sort of thing, that talisman, but I don't think my Winnie the Pooh has anything to do with why I dress now. Very well thought out and organized post, I will have to do some more thinking about it (maybe when it's not 4:20 in the AM!) Although I have had some sort of "collection" my entire life, so I guess I never really lost whatever it was I was trying to hold on to, I just got bored with it.

I guess pure and simple, sometimes I like the prettier face staring back at me in the mirror instead of the face I've seen everyday since I can remember.

GingerLeigh
11-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Like you I always had a thing for pantyhose/stockings/nylons whatever. Never had a "blankie" though. Just had a thing for those hose! First experience was rubbing a SA's legs at the age of 3. Why did I do that? Who knows? My son seems to have the same likings and rubs nylon clad legs as well.

Ginger

audreyinalbany
11-17-2010, 08:05 AM
maybe it's just that those of us who had a 'talisman' are those of us who respond to certain tactile input. We may have been programed to respond to the feel of things. I never had a silky blanket, so I'm not saying specifically 'silky' things or 'smooth' things, but just generally texture my elicit some kind of response.

Chari
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Your "conjecture" is an interesting theory, and may be the truth for some. Others in our catagory have to discover the root cause for our gender preferences through years of therapy, mental pain, and much public rejection. IMO, there are no "standard solutions", as we are all continually trying to solve our individual problems.

Jorja
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Yours is an interesting theory and one that may have some merit. To put a bit of a twist on it, think about this. From day one the majority of us were held, nursed, bathed, and basically cared for by whom, our mother. We formed an attachment to her that in most cases cannot be broken ie.... the Blankee,Teddie, Thumb, Favorite Toy, Doll. For at least the first roughly 5 years of our life we were near to her. We sat on her lap, hugged her, and it was nothing to have our hands on her during thoes years. It did not matter what state of dress she was in. We were near to her. I can remember even today how wonderful many articles of her clothing felt compared to the boys cloths I wore. After about age 5 or so, we are seperated from our mothers to go to school and all the other things that life demands. So I ask in your words, " Is it a coincidence that Early Onset Trans Children, would be losing an object and picking up another "Desire" centered around femme object(s) at about the Same Time"?