PDA

View Full Version : Vegas make over ? Where ?

Janice Ann
09-11-2005, 02:19 PM
My freind and I will be going to Vegas in a few months--- One thing we must do is get a professional make over-- We are both 60+ and just want to fit in-- My personal goal is to look like the lady from Nebraska playing a quarter slot machine.
Has any one done this or have information-- ?? Hilton sisters look out!!!
Somehow I just don't think my local travel agent would be of any help.

Carlacd
09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I know that there is the "Hidden Women" and "Glamour Boutique", both have web sites

Tristen Cox
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Holly might know of somewhere as she's well versed. Might ask:)

sara_also
09-12-2005, 07:21 AM
http://jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/index_ms.htm

This might help
Sara

HTGurl GG
09-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi, I'm Holly's GG and you will no longer find "The Hidden Woman" in Las Vegas. However, Holly and I go to The Glamour Boutique in Vegas all the time, It is on Sahara Ave. Just around the corner from The Saraha Hotel. Amy is the Manager and she will make you feel the most comfortable there. And she is a Genius at makeovers. Tell them Holly sent you! We will be going in October for makeovers. She also does GG's and takes photographs. She is also a wonderful person. Here's the website. www.glamourboutique.com. Most of all have fun and Amy can tell you a few places to really rock out. and GOOD LUCK!

ME! :)

Janice Ann
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Wow ! I already feel like a million-- The response and suggestions was unbeliveable- Mnn just around the corner from the Sahara--
Another -- ? I plan to travel in drab-- but will I get the bums rush if my suitcase is filled with nessesitys-- breast forms and so on-

Holly
09-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Wow ! I already feel like a million-- The response and suggestions was unbeliveable- Mnn just around the corner from the Sahara--
Another -- ? I plan to travel in drab-- but will I get the bums rush if my suitcase is filled with nessesitys-- breast forms and so on-Hi Janice Ann,

I just flew crosscountry with my fem things and didn't encounter any problems. I would suggest that you check that luggage, however and not carry on those items. I swear this really happened... I was sitting in the depature lounge at the Fort Lauderdale airport, when I heard the following announcement come out over the public address system:

"Will the person who left their hair at security please come back and claim it." All I could think was OMG... I'm glad it's not me!

One more thing to add to what HTGurl said about Glamour Boutique and Amy... they're just the best. You will not only see things on your face that you never dreamed possible, you will see things in your heart you never knew existed.

Oh, and one more thing, the Sahara has always been very kind toward me and the staff has more than receptive. I even had a waiter at one of the resturants make an origami swan for me out of a table napkin. He knew I was a CD but it didn't matter... he flirted with me anyway! If you're looking for a place to stay, it could certainly be one of your choices.

Colibri
09-12-2005, 04:39 PM
I will be in Vegas from the 16-23 Sep If you see me say hi. I will be the one playing the 5cent slots :o

DonnaT
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
If you are taking a taxi around, you'll have no problem finding Glamour Boutique, however, it took me a while to find it while driving because it's not really on 589, i.e., E. Sahara Ave.

Confusing huh? Some of the side streets off of the north side of E.S.Ave are also called E. Sahara Ave. National Title Company Building is a sort of yellow brick building with a few different tenants. I believe the door to G.B is near the middle of the building.

Amy wasn't there when I went in the afternoon. Call ahead and make reservations.

darla
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Does anyone here have an "after pic" of a make over at Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas?

Holly
09-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Does anyone here have an "after pic" of a make over at Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas?Darla, here's one... Holly Makover. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3750)

Miss Vicki
09-14-2005, 05:09 AM
I will be in Vegas in October and would also love to have a makeover. My question is, Do they remove evrything before you walk out? Such as the make-up, mascara, etc...
My wife will be at a conference and I will have free time.

Holly
09-14-2005, 08:23 AM
I will be in Vegas in October and would also love to have a makeover. My question is, Do they remove evrything before you walk out? Such as the make-up, mascara, etc...
My wife will be at a conference and I will have free time.Although I have never asked for this particular service, I'm confident that they would be happy to do so at your request. If you're going to be there on Halloween a bunch of us gurlz are going out that night... as Vegas showgirls. Care to join us?

veronicaM
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
If you stay at the SAHARA, they have 4 towers. I believe two of them have been remodeled in the last few years. The Alexandria (or something close to that name) tower is one of the NOT REMODELED towers. The room was definitely NOT the Bellagio, been in more modern nicer and motel 6's. but it worked.
Don't know if pricing between the towers are the same or much different.

Stayed there last November while attending a trade show, didn't know about Glamour, DARN it. <grin>

Also be careful, between the Sahara and Stratophere you start getting into a dumpy area of town. There is fast food and restaurants and some markets close, (like across the streetish and a little beyond)
And the Sahara has a pretty good Buffet upstairs

If you go to Freemont ST (old vegas downtown) in the evening, for what they call the "Freemont Experience" (it's a street covered several blocks
with a video screen canopy)
Something I was told- watch out for "pick pockets" and "purse snatchers"
they take advantage of people looking up at the screen. it runs every 20 mins
from dusk to midnight.

Have a GREAT time in Vegas, VeronicaM

Hey Holly, I am suppose to be getting to Vegas Halloween day
for a few days.

Miss Vicki
09-15-2005, 03:53 AM
I would love to join you on Halloween. Except I will be there Oct 12-16.
Thanks for the offer.