PDA

View Full Version : What makes us crossdress

Jess6887
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
What do you feel when Crossdressing, I feel comfort, security and gratification

Being Paige
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I guess that I would have to say I feel alive!

lmildcd
11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I do it when I'm down in the dumps. Problems seem to go away when I crossdress.

Terricd48
11-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Feel more open & relaxed when I'm dressed feminine.Feels like the real me.

Terri

Jess6887
11-18-2010, 04:50 PM
What's the best thing to say to someone if i did get caught at some stage

Zoie
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I feel relaxed.. happy.. excited... sexual.. myself.. 100000 feelings all at once! I wish I could do it more then 1-2 times a week. sigh

Lucy Long Legs
11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
As a very effeminate man, it means I don't have to try to be male. I can take pride in my inadequacies.

Christine Abrams
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I feel really good, in some indescribable way.. like something in the background that I've been avoiding can actually be confronted, accepted and embraced.

Lainie
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
What makes us cross dress is a really different question than how we feel when doing it. Typically I feel pretty (ok, it's silly, but I do) and happy. Sometimes I feel breathless with my good fortune in finding a particular garment, because it makes me feel so feminine.

Kaz
11-18-2010, 05:14 PM
I just feel "right" - it works!

renee k
11-18-2010, 05:14 PM

For me it's being true to myself.

Renee

Tanya83
11-18-2010, 05:17 PM
I like the girl clothes better than boy clothes. :heehee:

ziggie
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Nothing makes me crossdress - I volunteer.

Seriously, I like the feel and the look of women's clothing better than most men's, so why not wear what I like.

Sarah Doepner
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
What makes me crossdress? The gun held to my head by an evil mastermind darkly determined to undermine all that's good and right in the world by making a laughing stock of masculinity through the creation of a population of girly-men. I wouldn't do it otherwise, honest..., sort of..., well not really. Actually it's probably like Ziggie says in post #13 up there, I volunteer because it makes me smile. What more could you want?

Juliemckay
11-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Shoes... it's always the shoes

suchacutie
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm always thrilled when the "me" is Tina. For me, Tina, is self-discovery. She is the part of me I have never understood and the chance to understand who she might be is, simply, thrilling!

I'm also quite sure that Tina is a real part of me. Until Tina, I would no sooner take on a part in a play, or consider any kind of alternative personality. I hated Halloween because it all seemed so wrong! Yet, Tina is so natural and exciting. Pretty amazing!

Tina

sandra-leigh
11-18-2010, 06:50 PM
What makes us cross-dress? It's the dihydrous monoxide in our food supply: get rid of that in your diet, and give yourself a couple of months to "dry out", and you will never want to cross-dress again.

Madilyn A.
11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
The clothes are much more comfortable, even when the are restictive; the tactile feel of the fabrics, the transformation; the make up, the incredible shoes. I just feel more myself when dressed, always have.:daydreaming:

Laura Jane
11-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Silk, satin, nylon, clasps & straps, elastic, Wool, hair on my shoulders and tremendous contentment!

LitaKelley
11-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I just feel better.. more content and at peace. I'm much happier when dressed than when not dressed... Just so many various feelings and emotions I don't feel when not dressed.

Shapeshiffter
11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I dress because it feels like the most normal thing in the world.

Fab Karen
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
"I feel mighty real" :)

TGMarla
11-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm sure the "reasons" are some deep-seeded thing I'll never be able to quite put my finger on, much less admit to. But I like "being" female. I often wish I'd been born female. I enjoy wearing the dresses, hosiery, high heels, etc. I like everything about the female presentation, in fact. And I feel normal when I'm dressed. I feel peaceful, and calm, and content when I'm wearing a pretty dress, and I'm fully en femme.

So on the surface, the mose obvious reason I do it is because I really enjoy it. The reasons that reside further underneath, well, they're anyone's guess.

Karren H
11-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Tired... I feel extremely tired.... all that work getting ready and makeup and then shopping and dieting and exercising trying to maintain my girlish figure.... at times I just want to stop, eat fattening stuff, grow a beard and a big fat beer gut!! lol Maybe I'm a couch potato want-a-be!!

NathalieX66
11-18-2010, 10:25 PM
I can't stand the rigid conformity of male expression.....it's too oppressive, and constraining.

I have to let both sides of me go free. Neither shall dominate.

StacyCD
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Nothing made me want to crossdress. However, I have come to accept my need to express myself through wearing feminine clothing.

Annaliese2010
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I feel passively vengeful, well liked, understood & a sense of quiet satisfaction. I also feel hyper-aroused, orgasmic, 'trigger' happy and emotionally erect. Ratatat tat if ya know what I mean? ;)

AlannahNorth
11-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Good question. Nobody 'made me do it'. It was kind of like looking over the edge - and falling in.

I do it because I enjoy CDing, it expresses another side of me. I also do it because I'm 'not supposed to'.

Any of these work for you?

ArleneRaquel
11-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Because I want to be a woman. :battingeyelashes:

AmberM
11-19-2010, 07:27 PM
I have a strong feminine side. It feels good and natural. Lauren needs time for herself and her girlfriends.

MJ
11-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Because I want to be a woman. :battingeyelashes:

be careful what you wish for you just might get it

JohnH
11-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I simply feel that I have been freed finally from the straitjacket of acceptable male attire and grooming! So I want to expand my fashion options.

Right now I'm bored as hell wearing the usual shirt and pants for the past several days, so after I take a shower I'm going to put on a dress!

Jaydee
11-19-2010, 08:15 PM
"My invisible friend made me do it", (no, my mom didn't buy that one either). How 'bout because it makes me feel good, calm and whole.

Jaydee

Jilmac
11-19-2010, 08:37 PM
It just happens to be the greatest feeling in the world!

Amanda22
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I feel that everything is right in my world.

StacyChambers
11-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Dressing allows me to express myself in ways that I can't, or don't want to, as a guy. I'm more attentive, a better listener, more caring. I like being me -- but better. It's what makes me do it.

Roxxy
11-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Just feels good. And, a little sexy.

Melody Phillips
11-20-2010, 02:56 AM
I feel relaxed. I enjoy the feeling of slipping into comfy things when I get home.

yazooey
11-20-2010, 03:11 AM
When I feel lonely, depressed and sad I find so much comfort in dressing up in girly garb. Dressing makes me forget about everything that is happening around me. I also like projects so dressing opens up a whole can of worms of researching, learning and practicing. I just really enjoy myself when I get all girlie.

Dressit4fun
11-20-2010, 04:08 AM
I do it because I enjoy the feeling of attractiveness I get. It's honestly the only time I'm ever complimented on my appearance... I am a man, but I LOVE the feeling I get when I'm all dolled up, and when I have a stressful day, it feels amazing to just lay back in a dress and watch a nice chick flick.

Jenniferpl
11-20-2010, 04:54 AM
There is no better feeling then sliping on a sexy bra and some leggings. Sliding my feet into pair of hot heels. Everything else just seems to go away.

Carissa
11-20-2010, 05:30 AM
For me, a lot of it has to do with breaking out from the normal taboo. I was raised as a male to like male things, and that's fine, but a big part of me loves the thrill of breaking those rules and being someone else when I get he chance. Also, but just as big a factor, I love the feel of women's clothing and the sexiness that it gives me. (Well, in my eyes anyway!) If you add that to the thrill of wearing heels, makeup, and any other various female accoutrements, I doubt that I could find a more soothing mental state to be in.

Basically, my love of crossdressing makes me crossdress. It's fun! :)

Jonianne
11-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Even though I am male (blah), I like to identify with females as much as I can and still feel comfortable.

Staci Roberts
11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Definitely an escape from the everyday!

Donna June
11-20-2010, 04:20 PM
For me it's fun and exciting, sexy yet relaxing. As some of you have said it just feels right.

mmm4umichelle
11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
for me its about full-filling a big hole in my life, a way to show my true self. I love the female form, I love being fem. It is a huge release when I can look in the mirror and see someone beautiful and feel it at the same time. I hate mens clothes, I hate having hair all over my body, I wish it away everyday. I love soft things, gentileness, etc. I love feeling sexy, pretty, beautiful, confident all at the same time. I love the sound of my heels clicking on the floor, the feel of my dress and nylons as I walk, the smell of my perfume and makeup. I love everything about being fem. Was I suppossed to be a girl and God gave me this male body instead, hmmm.. not sure about that. Maybe someday I will find that answer but until then this is what I got. I have a feeling that most of you feel the same way and I am just glad to be able to share these feelings with someone besides me and my mirror:)

Lucy_Bella
11-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I guess it's because I am a pervert?.... I didn't know one could be a pervert at the age of 4 ( earliest age I can remember dressing )or even through my teens. . But I must be, that's how soceity see's it so it must be true... Not much help from the medical industries cause it's not life threatening ,so no cures or accurate studies .. Instead they group all " gender issues " under one umbrella and allow the " stereo type main stream thinking " to fill in the blanks..

I'm not bitter , I have all you ladies here some in the same boat others think it's better than sliced bread.. But I am not alone and I have accepted my secret life style.. At first it was like dragging a two ton anchor around but it's more like a ball and chain..Kinda like being married to it in a way , it doesn't control me but it sure makes an impact sometimes on my daily life..I figured , you only live once , make the best of it..

sometimes_miss
11-20-2010, 11:50 PM
For each person, there may be a different reason. You may read mine in my biography, the link is in my sig.

Georgia Rose
11-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Actually I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I feel completely relaxed when dressed. Usual dress with my wife present and even so it just feels so natural to be dressed as a woman. Won't want to be there all the time but really enjoy it when I do (once or twice a week).

Kate's at home
11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm with TGMarla. It's a part of who I am. And, as time goes on, this part of me insists on being asserted, or I do not feel a whole person.

ambermiller
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
i feel sexy and alive. like the girl i really am

Karinsamatha
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
It is when I feel whole and complete as a person. As far as the evil mastermind all he did was make me remove my body hair!

Pythos
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
The aesthetics. The feel. The thrill.
The clothing is a big part, the makeup and hair secondary.

Looking like a woman is a fun trick to be sure. But there is little like squeezing into a shiny tight pair of pants while otherwise nude. The tactile response of the material.

The feel of the long hair gently resting on your shoulders, the clink of some of the jewlery.

There are many things, most of which men are denied for no good reason.

Lynn Marie
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Short answer. It makes me hot!

Tess
11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Basically, my love of crossdressing makes me crossdress. It's fun! :)

Ditto!

NathalieX66
11-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Speaking for me:
was never fond of guys' clothes. I adopted a feminine style,and it became me.

RachelZ
11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
My girl side practically always comes out when I'm under the influence, but I usually just do it because I like to feel pretty

Christy_M
11-21-2010, 11:36 PM
As many have said, it makes me whole. There is something missing in my persona that only being dressed en femme allows me to feel, or be or express. I know deep down I am a very caring, sensitive thoughtful person. While in drab, I am expected (or at least I believe I am) to be strong, decisive, unemotional, level headed, unafraid, etc. Showing any thing to the contrary is weakness in the eyes of many and yet I feel these things all the time. I have created a very functional facade that navigates through life disengaging from my true self and then I dress and I can be me.

krissy
11-21-2010, 11:46 PM
i feel happy, whole ,at home with myself

Aprilrain
11-22-2010, 12:26 AM
The devil made me do it!

stephanieskyee
11-22-2010, 01:46 AM
i crossdress because i enjoy feeling sexy, i dont feel that sexy when im dressed as a male, but thats what i love about dressing because with female clothes your able to dress cute and thats the point which makes it fun, plus all the makeup and hair syles and shoes, jeez the list can go on, so yeah i guess i like dressing because dressing like a women is just so much more fun!

Dawna Ellen Bays
11-22-2010, 07:13 AM
The aesthetics. The feel. The thrill.
The clothing is a big part, the makeup and hair secondary.

Looking like a woman is a fun trick to be sure. But there is little like squeezing into a shiny tight pair of pants while otherwise nude. The tactile response of the material.

The feel of the long hair gently resting on your shoulders, the clink of some of the jewlery.

That about sums in up for me, too. I love seeing the gradual change from my usual self into Dawna; going from jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers to skirt, blouse, pantyhose, and heels.

But I think the other reason I'm so attracted to crossdressing is that I get to temporarily "emulate" the look of women whose fashion sense I admire.

What strikes me as funny is that in male mode, I NEVER want to dress in anything but t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers, but Dawna loves to be as glamorous as possible!

JohnH
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
What strikes me as funny is that in male mode, I NEVER want to dress in anything but t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers, but Dawna loves to be as glamorous as possible!

I guess everybody is different. When I am in male mode I do like to dress up in suits and dress shoes, say for going to church. I like to use the phrase "en homme" instead of "in drab".

GingerLeigh
11-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I like how crossdressing makes me feel feminine. The swoosh of the dress gently moving across my nylon clad legs as I walk. The lovely frilly undergarments pressing against my body, the sound of my high heels clamoring across the floor, ahhhh.... pure feminine serenity.

It's odd how I can look in the mirror as a man in a dress and not feel absolutely ridiculous. It's quite the opposite. For that brief moment I feel pretty even though I know darn well it's not the case.

Its also a huge stress reliever, which is weird since it adds other stresses in my life.

Ginger

Roxanne_Alternate
11-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll be honest when I say that it's a sexual thing for me. Well, not that sexual anymore, it's cooling down now, but yeah, it's the main reason I like it.

Second, I love the touch and feel of the clothes on my skin. The fabrics are so much smoother and nicer. And well, yeah, that's it mainly.

katrinakat
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I think most everyone's summed it up. There's something inherently natural and lovely wearing female clothing.

AKAMichelle
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
it use to be that it was a stress reliever. Now I feel no different dressed than I do in male mode, but I seem to have a lot more as Michelle. So now days I do it purely for the fun.

Juliemckay
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
For the shoes... it's always the shoes

aya-chan
11-23-2010, 05:07 AM
It's just breaking out of my maleness and just being myself really. I am pretty sensitive as a guy and I do have some feminine traits in my personality. And just the feeling of wearing something feminine makes me feel good.

Kate Simmons
11-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Nothing "makes" us do it. We do it because we want to, plain and simple. We wouldn't do it if we didn't like it.:)

Raychel
11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Everytime I put on womens clothes, it feel great, it just feels right. My wife says it is an addiction. She may be right, Addicted to feeling good.

juligirl1984
11-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I feel sexy and like a totally good person that is naturally high and excited. some times I feel ashamed though too... guilt maybe? have no reason why though.

Yvonne York
11-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Just great, no matter how grey the day is

krissy
11-27-2010, 08:59 AM
it makes me feel whole ,content, im so much more confident. and oh so happy

juno
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Why do we do anything but eat, sleep and wait to die?

You have to consider why humans continue living. As intellectual beings, we need to do more than just survive because we fear death. The part of your brain that decides what makes life worth living is strongly influenced by it's gender. We all start out genderless, so it should be no surprise that not all parts of the body follow exactly the same gender differentiation. We just need to fulfill our feminine interests to make life worth living.

But why corssdressing? I think it is common for men to express their female side with crossdressing because it is often readily available and can be done in private. Most children will see their mother's or sister's clothes in the bathroom, where they feel enough privacy to try them on. It is easy to do, and gives a real sense of "For now at least, I am a girl". I suspect that early borrowing of lipstick or nail polish is also common, but leaves more evidence, and feels a bit too risky. Most other girl activities require interaction with other girls. So, crossdressing becomes a very easy and fulfilling activity for someone trying to keep their interests secret. Then, we discover under-dressing, and realize that we can secretly have our "I'm [part] girl on the inside" reminder with us all day.

I'm just guessing, but that is the best rationale I can come up with for why crossdressing is the most preferred activity for feminine men.