PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the good in rejection

Amanda22
11-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I've been doing a fair amount of coming out recently. Some family have written me off and my oldest guy friend cut me off completely. I went through a very brief mourning, but I came out the other side feeling cleansed in some unexpected way.

Perhaps it is a combination of the truth being out there and knowing who really values the person I am inside, but whatever the case I do feel liberated. Rejection has made me strong and secure dressing as myself. I'm always striving to be more feminine. I couldn't care less why I'm a female in a male body. Does it matter "why?" Maybe for some. I just "am" and I'm very proud of myself.

I especially have no time for anyone's judgment. It amazes me how some can let a stranger in public make them them feel bad about being "read". Perhaps the rejection of former loved ones has awakened me to the truth that I will always find rejection if I look for it. So I don't look for it. I go about my business. Other peoples' problems with me are their problems, not mine.

I do everything I can to be a female in appearance, and I very intentionally perceive myself to have a female exterior matching the woman inside. I will spend the rest of my life being the pretty girl I always wanted to be. Isn't that the best thought?

suzy1
11-19-2010, 12:58 PM
A great thread Amanda. I’m rating this thread 5 stars!
You go for it girl.

A very impressed, SUZY

Dana
11-19-2010, 01:01 PM
You might as well accept the "girl within you" and learn to live with her ~ because she's going to be with you for the rest of your life ~ she's never going to leave you ~ she's never going to ever go away.

And your right ~ if others have a problem with it? That's what it is ~ their problem.

Save yourself years upon years of grief over it and just accept yourself for who and as you are.

Don't apoligize for it, don't make excuses for it, don't justify nor rationalize it away,

Be honest not just with others, ~ but most of all yourself.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

I like shopping at JC Penny's :)

Apparently they have a store policy that the custmore is "Always right!" :o

Only place I've ever been where a middle-age SA tried to sale me a bra my size ~ LOL even asked me what my size was. And this was in SE Alabama. :eek:

Amanda22
11-19-2010, 01:06 PM
A great thread Amanda. I’m rating this thread 5 stars!
You go for it girl.

A very impressed, SUZY

Thank you SOOOO much, Suzy!!! I love having friends here :)

Kathi Lake
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Amanda,

Our acceptance of ourselves is the first hurdle. Our personality-type is sometimes the second one. Growing up, I was a "people-pleaser." I would do whatever it took to be liked. Some of that is still with me. However, I learned that you can't live your entire life like that, that you can't please everyone, and also sometimes it's fine to please just me and not the world.

Once we learn to accept ourselves, others will more readily accept us. Will everyone? Nope. It's a pity, as well. Once people really know us, we're quite fun to be around.

:)

Kathi

Jeanna
11-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you for the thread. I truly admire your strength and will. Enjoy being you as that is your responsibility.
Jeanna

Christie ann
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you Amanda for putting it all so simply. Enjoy being pretty!

danielleb
11-19-2010, 03:26 PM
I feel that as we accept ourselves, and open oursleves to more people, we have more to give back to the world, and have the ability to improve thier lives in return for the support.
And for the people that turn their backs on you; Those are the type of people I couldn't imagine extending the privilage of being a part of our lives anyway!:battingeyelashes: