PDA

View Full Version : One Hot August Night in Vegas

AlannahNorth
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
One Saturday night in Las Vegas, the evening of the 21st of August this year. I was out getting some pics of the city at night, you know, the lights, fountains, street scenes and so on.

This was right beside 'Bill's Gamblin Hall and Saloon', near 'The Flamingo'. I was walking across the street when someone (a guy) yelled from behind me. I turned around and saw an attractive brunette standing behind me in a black dress. Then someone near me said something like "Holy cow, only in Vegas..." and walked up to the brunette and said "Can I have my picture taken with you?" Well - the brunette was a crossdresser. The reply was 'Sure!"

Two things struck me: 1) The brunette (whoever you are you looked fantastic) passed quite well, but had no problem with giving it away on the street. 2) There was NO criticism from the crowd - it appeared a few people wanted to pose for a pic! Friendly questions, some curiosity, and compliments.

Me? Well, I was exhausted (everyone told me I would be) and had also run down my camera batteries, so, no pic! I was going to say hello and give a well deserved compliment, but it appeared I may have to wait a bit. Anyways, I went to my room and grabbed a fresh set of batteries, but once back down on the street - nowhere to be seen.

It was rather memorable and quite a positive experience, maybe another reason to visit Vegas.

Michelle 51
11-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a missed opportunity for sure.Too bad.I've never been to Los Vegas but have seen the same thing in New Orleans.Makes me want to go back.

AKAMichelle
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Opportunity knocked and left since you didn't answer. That will learn you to be a boy scout and always be prepared. :D

Sarah Doepner
11-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I've had similar things happen to me. I ended up watching a Momma Grizzly bear and her cub through my telephoto lens because I was out of film and dead batteries kept me from getting photos with some preformers after a La Cage show. Ahh but the memories are there, and even a bit easier to improve than the photos would have been anyway. Note to self. Keep extra batteries in the purse.

Tranny Tee
11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I'll be in Vegas next March. Get your cameras ready!

Edwina
11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Was it Windycissy by any chance? See her post "What happens in Vegas":heehee:
Wish I could have been there, only been there once but I can still feel the vibe.:D

AlannahNorth
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Windycissy - will have to check and see. Thanks Edwina.

YES - always, always carry spare batteries!

Vegas was great! New Orleans, well, it's on my list...

windycissy
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Was it Windycissy by any chance? See her post "What happens in Vegas":heehee:
Wish I could have been there, only been there once but I can still feel the vibe.:D

Sorry, it wasn't me! I was in Vegas last week, not in August...

AlannahNorth
11-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Windycissy,

Thanks, I was going to ask you that...

I would imagine Vegas would be more in my temperature range this time of year! Still, it was a great trip, and I'm looking forward to going back again.

Nancie64
11-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Was out there in October, and it was hot, high 80's. The night I went out, I waited until after 8 pm and the stockings were still warm on the legs but felt great anyway. Yes, you can have fun in Vegas. Call Stephanie and have a great makeover and enjoy the scenes.

linda allen
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
I was out getting some pics of the city at night, you know, the lights, fountains, street scenes and so on. ......................... Well, I was exhausted (everyone told me I would be) and had also run down my camera batteries, so, no pic! ................... Anyways, I went to my room and grabbed a fresh set of batteries, but once back down on the street - nowhere to be seen.

Anyone here old enough to remember when the danger was running out of film, not batteries? :heehee: